The Student Room Group
Library, Newman University
Birmingham Newman University
Birmingham

Newman University Birmingham Applicants Thread 2020

Hey everyone! :wavey: Are you applying to Newman University Birmingham for 2020 entry?

This thread is for applicants to chat and meet with others during the application process. :thumbsup:

:woo: For more applicant threads, please check this huge list of 2020 applicant threads HERE! :woo:

Here's a template to introduce yourself. Feel free to share as much or as little as you would like :redface:
What course are you applying for:
What other universities are you thinking of:
A level / IB / Higher predicted grades:
GCSE and AS grades:
Extra curriculars:

Good luck with your application! :rave:
hey hun whats up im studying history
Library, Newman University
Birmingham Newman University
Birmingham
I'm applying for BA(HONs) Primary Education(3-7) with recommendation for QTS, I'm also thinking of going to Sheffield Hallam University but am still looking at other Uni's too, I'm currently studying Biology, Psychology and Sociology at A-Level
Have u applied yet
Reply 4
Hey everyone.
I've applied to Newman, however a PGCE route. I've applied for Primary. Wishing you all lots of luck.
Reply 5
Original post by Zoelox91
Hey everyone.
I've applied to Newman, however a PGCE route. I've applied for Primary. Wishing you all lots of luck.

Hiya I've also applied for a PGCE route to secondary biology. have you had your interview yet?
Reply 6
Original post by Missjgyp
Hiya I've also applied for a PGCE route to secondary biology. have you had your interview yet?

I applied for Primary, yes I had my interview and got a conditional offer, I've chosen elsewhere after much consideration though, but the primary interview was pretty fair, but know they differ for each subject.
Reply 7
I applied for Primary, yes I had my interview and got a conditional offer, I've chosen elsewhere after much consideration though, but the primary interview was pretty fair, but know they differ for each subject.

Oh well done! Which uni did you choose at the end?
Were the interview questions like why you want to teach? Tell me a time when you had to lead etc? I think I'm more worried about the interview tbh!

Hi
Just wondered what happened in the interview? Was it a solo or group? What kind of questions?
Thanks
Original post by izzy.hawley02
I'm applying for BA(HONs) Primary Education(3-7) with recommendation for QTS, I'm also thinking of going to Sheffield Hallam University but am still looking at other Uni's too, I'm currently studying Biology, Psychology and Sociology at A-Level

I'm have applied for BA(HONs) Primary Education(5-11) with recommendation for QTS, I'm thinking of going to Newman University but am still looking at other Uni's too, I'm currently studying Music, Psychology and History at A-Level
Hi guys, I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about guests staying in your room, if they don't go to the university?
Original post by lydiasheldon
I'm have applied for BA(HONs) Primary Education(5-11) with recommendation for QTS, I'm thinking of going to Newman University but am still looking at other Uni's too, I'm currently studying Music, Psychology and History at A-Level

Hi @lydiasheldon if you have any questions about Newman University, let me know! :smile: Nav
Original post by franh_xoxo
Hi guys, I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about guests staying in your room, if they don't go to the university?

Hi @franh_xoxo I got this from the Newman University Accommodation Guide for you: :smile:

Students can allow only one overnight guest stay in their room for no more than two nights in any one week. The following conditions must however be met:
The name of the visitor must be passed onto the Out of Hours Team in order to facilitate a full evacuation of Halls in the case of fire.

The host student accepts full responsibility for his/her visitor, and their behaviour. The student and any guests are subject to the Authority of the Halls Tutor/Security Guard whilst on the premises.

The guest is a relative or close friend for whom the host student can fully vouch.

The student must accompany their guest at all times whilst in halls. Guests are not allowed to wander around halls without the student who has invited them into halls.

A penalty will apply if guests stay for a longer period than allowed or abuse the rules whilst in halls of residence.

Students can borrow a mattress from the Housekeeping department (subject to availability) for use by their guest and a bedding pack if required which will cost £2.00. The mattress and bedding pack need to be ordered from Housekeeping 48 hours in advance and can be collected by arrangement between 10.00am and 2.00pm.

However, please note that this year we will review the above and there may be changes in order to maintain social distancing, following advice from the UK Government.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending