The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster uni unconditional

Anyone else got a conditional offer from Lancaster uni? Feel as though everyone’s getting unconditionals so people who weren’t even considering it are now firming it, but I’ve always wanted to go and got a conditional -I’m still happy, but just wondering?
Original post by georgie_pie_1
Anyone else got a conditional offer from Lancaster uni? Feel as though everyone’s getting unconditionals so people who weren’t even considering it are now firming it, but I’ve always wanted to go and got a conditional -I’m still happy, but just wondering?

Do you just meet the entry requirements? I think they're only offering unconditional for people who have exceptional grades like A*A*A*
because I got conditional offer for AAB which only just meets entry requirements for law.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
I got an unconditional to a study BSc Geography if I put it as my firm. A got three As at AS level and 3 A*s predicted and got good GCSEs so I qualify for it. Apparently you needed three As predicted and around 5 A grade equivalents at GCSE to qualify for an unconditional
Reply 3
But most people who get them won’t put Lancaster as their firm, it’s just for pointless clout so don’t worry about it.
Original post by georgie_pie_1

Hello,
Some courses offer lots of unconditionals, and some offer none. What course do you do?
There's also a chance you might get invited for an interview which is designed to decide if you get an unconditional or not. Lots of courses are doing this now but you'll have to wait and see! Usually to qualify for an unconditional you need to exceed the entry requirements.
But you've summed it up. They're usually offered to secure places from people who wouldn't have considered it before. By firming it, you'll be treated the same with regards to you accommodation application, visit days etc, and hopefully you'll get the results and get in!
Don't worry too much, and let me know if you have any questions I can help you with.
Charlotte :smile:
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
Ye I got one too
Original post by kIrTaP
I got an unconditional to a study BSc Geography if I put it as my firm. A got three As at AS level and 3 A*s predicted and got good GCSEs so I qualify for it. Apparently you needed three As predicted and around 5 A grade equivalents at GCSE to qualify for an unconditional

That is not how it works. Who on earth told you that info?
Original post by kIrTaP

But most people who get them won’t put Lancaster as their firm, it’s just for pointless clout so don’t worry about it.

This sounds like a guess to me. Do you think your posts helped the OP?
Reply 7
The head of Geography told me this to my face at the open day. So calm down.
Original post by kIrTaP
The head of Geography told me this to my face at the open day. So calm down.

Thanks for the advice, but I am calm.

As I said, that is not how it works.

Secondly, OP has stated clearly that they want to go to Lancaster......not Durham, Lancaster. Your guessing doesn't appear to be helpful and seems more down to you wanting to show off. My daughter did better than your grades listed on a different thread in more details than on here, and chose Lancaster, not Durham. Different people have different preferences.

Hopefully, OP gets a place at Lancaster if they continue to prefer it. Good luck with that, OP.
Reply 9
I was giving an example of an unconditional offer that I happened to receive, it is the truth and I was not showing off. I don’t like how you presume I am guessing when I am sufficiently informed and the Lancaster Student Ambassador even said that I pretty much summed it up. Like how you tried to put me down by saying your daughter got better grades than me, real nice. Hope you’re happy that you’re having a go at a teenager who is just trying to inform someone and is happy to share their news with others
Original post by kIrTaP
I was giving an example of an unconditional offer that I happened to receive, it is the truth and I was not showing off. I don’t like how you presume I am guessing when I am sufficiently informed and the Lancaster Student Ambassador even said that I pretty much summed it up. Like how you tried to put me down by saying your daughter got better grades than me, real nice. Hope you’re happy that you’re having a go at a teenager who is just trying to inform someone and is happy to share their news with others

Not my intention, but if you read the OP post and then read your responses again, I don't think telling them your guess that most people with unconditional offers from the place the OP always wanted to go reject their unconditional offer. You have no evidence for that. That is just making their first choice appear inferior in your eyes.

According to this, Durham also offers unconditional for Geography. Didn't you get one? Do you believe most who receive it also reject that too?

Sorry I took offence at your posts. I recognise it isn't mature to argue with teenagers still learning their way. I'll therefore delete my account so I don't do similar again.

Good luck with Durham application.
Reply 11
I have already received a conditional offer from Durham so am happy with that.

Don’t know why you still think I was guessing by saying not many people who receive unconditionals take it.....the ambassador agreed with me 🤔

You don’t know my experiences and I don’t know yours so don’t go around presuming people have certain intentions or think certain things. I have talked to plenty of teenagers on TSR that approach matters such as these with much more maturity than you so I think deleting your account is the best thing.
Original post by alice544
Do you just meet the entry requirements? I think they're only offering unconditional for people who have exceptional grades like A*A*A*
because I got conditional offer for AAB which only just meets entry requirements for law.

Oh yeah I’m not saying I deserve one, I know I don’t, but just felt like so many people were receiving unconditionals! Welldone on your offer though!
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hello,
Some courses offer lots of unconditionals, and some offer none. What course do you do?
There's also a chance you might get invited for an interview which is designed to decide if you get an unconditional or not. Lots of courses are doing this now but you'll have to wait and see! Usually to qualify for an unconditional you need to exceed the entry requirements.
But you've summed it up. They're usually offered to secure places from people who wouldn't have considered it before. By firming it, you'll be treated the same with regards to you accommodation application, visit days etc, and hopefully you'll get the results and get in!
Don't worry too much, and let me know if you have any questions I can help you with.

Thankyou so much! I’m just as happy with my conditional offer and just hoping I get the grades! It was just most people o knew were getting unconditionals, completely deservedly, I was just starting to feel down about getting a conditional offer, but I’m really happy about it and know it was the right offer for me! Thankyou for replying though
Original post by username4929556
Thanks for the advice, but I am calm.

As I said, that is not how it works.

Secondly, OP has stated clearly that they want to go to Lancaster......not Durham, Lancaster. Your guessing doesn't appear to be helpful and seems more down to you wanting to show off. My daughter did better than your grades listed on a different thread in more details than on here, and chose Lancaster, not Durham. Different people have different preferences.

Hopefully, OP gets a place at Lancaster if they continue to prefer it. Good luck with that, OP.

Thankyou! Yeah Lancaster is my preferred choice, just hoping I get in! Thankyou for your luck! 😀
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hello,

what courses do and do not offer unconditional offers?
Original post by anticorn04
what courses do and do not offer unconditional offers?

Difficult to say now, as last year there was lots of unconditionals via multiple unis, but then the unis early 2020 were told to kerb the amount and to stop giving them out as much. Then covid struck, and I don't recall any being given out this year.
Daughter had an unconditional in physics last year at Lancaster. Noticed on last years applicants on student room, some got some in theatre studies, psychology, history, english lit, law, politics, bio med. What I have noticed this year, students have a reduced offer by a grade instead.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending