Labour and late abortion laws

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by MidgetFever
"We will uphold women’s reproductive
rights and decriminalise abortions."

Not quite the same thing, is it?
Nice bait.

Simple question. What is currently illegal in terms of abortion?
Original post by Trinculo
Try reading harder.

Dude, really? I posted the whole of page 48 and there is nothing close to what you said in there. If the mods had any integrity, they'd change the title of this thread from the blatant lie that it is.
Original post by Guru Jason
Dude, really? I posted the whole of page 48 and there is nothing close to what you said in there. If the mods had any integrity, they'd change the title of this thread from the blatant lie that it is.

"We will ... decriminalise abortions". There is no mention of a limit, so we have to assume it's up right up to birth.

It's also been confirmed by a Labour spokeswoman. https://righttolife.org.uk/news/labour-pledge-to-introduce-abortion-for-any-reason-up-to-birth/
yeah no their manifesto just straight up doesn't say this
Original post by Glaz
Also I'm going to go ahead and give the same argument that I give whenever this kinda thread comes up... sigh

The "baby" will neither know nor give half a ****

And you know this "fact" how? Are you a neuroscientist? (No you're just a sixth former I believe)

Do you remember being in the womb? Probably not. You also probably don't remember when you were 1 or 2, or even 3. That doesn't mean you weren't conscious at these ages.
Reply 25
Original post by Trinculo
Abortion on demand for any reason up to point of birth. By far the most radical abortion law in the civilised world, other than the proposals of some US Democrats who talk about post-birth abortion.

Is there any sense in which this isn’t pure, unadulterated Communist evil?

Let’s be clear - there are no “bag of cells” arguments. This is a full term viable baby about to be born and Labour say that on demand you can stick a needle in its head, pump it full of poison, dismember it and throw it away.

For any reason.

Good thing too. Hanging's too good for them! Wouldn't have happened in my day.
Original post by somekindofgodof
And you know this "fact" how? Are you a neuroscientist? (No you're just a sixth former I believe)

Do you remember being in the womb? Probably not. You also probably don't remember when you were 1 or 2, or even 3. That doesn't mean you weren't conscious at these ages.

I'm currently lying on a table in the common room pissing about on TSR. If a gunman stood outside my window and shot me with a silenced 50 cal, I wouldn't know because the shot would be silent and I would die instantly.
The "baby" is lying in the womb pissing about doing whatever fetuses do. If a scientist aborted it it wouldn't know because it would be silent and it would "die" instantly.

I wouldn't know, the baby wouldn't know. Also scientific research says we can't remember being in the womb soooo...
Original post by Glaz
I'm currently lying on a table in the common room pissing about on TSR. If a gunman stood outside my window and shot me with a silenced 50 cal, I wouldn't know because the shot would be silent and I would die instantly.
The "baby" is lying in the womb pissing about doing whatever fetuses do. If a scientist aborted it it wouldn't know because it would be silent and it would "die" instantly.

I wouldn't know, the baby wouldn't know. Also scientific research says we can't remember being in the womb soooo...

So basically you're saying there's nothing wrong with killing people unless it causes pain.

That's a perfectly fine viewpoint if it involves only yourself (ie suicide). However if you enforce it on others, that's when it's the problem. You see, other people don't generally want to die before old age.
I'm pro-choice but not to the point of birth. It's a tough one.
Original post by somekindofgodof
So basically you're saying there's nothing wrong with killing people unless it causes pain.

That's a perfectly fine viewpoint if it involves only yourself (ie suicide). However if you enforce it on others, that's when it's the problem. You see, other people don't generally want to die before old age.

It is literally a thing that hasn't even been born yet. No rights, no opinion, no nothing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending