The Student Room Group

Grace Millane trial jury retires to consider verdict

Let us hope they find him guilty and the judge throws the book at him. The poor girls parents having to not only endure her murder but then these extremely private details of her life from this lowlife murderer.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-50512163
He should be executed. That's the true justice the people deserve but wont get
why can the douchebag not be publicly named now he has been found guilty ?

:angry:
Reply 3
Original post by the bear

It's the law in NZ to have a 2-year suppression order is in place, and it's not just for this case; it's to ensure no names are released that might prevent a fair trial or to protect the defendent if there might be an appeal. The reasons for it have not been released, but might be lifted after sentencing next year; if not, it will be lifted in 2021.
Original post by Surnia
It's the law in NZ to have a 2-year suppression order is in place, and it's not just for this case; it's to ensure no names are released that might prevent a fair trial or to protect the defendent if there might be an appeal. The reasons for it have not been released, but might be lifted after sentencing next year; if not, it will be lifted in 2021.

they seemed happy to name the dude who shot all those people in the mosque ? same day iirc....
Reply 5
they seemed happy to name the dude who shot all those people in the mosque ? same day iirc....

It's because of the caveats I mentioned; it's not a blanket 'no naming of a suspect'. Alleged victims going to court can have their names witheld, too.
Reply 6

He still has the right to appeal the verdict. Different countries have differing laws surrounding confidentiality in the justice system. In Portugal, for example, the media are not allowed to report on suspects until they are found guilty. Here in the UK, its like the wild west. The media can report on your identity and destroy your reputation just because you look funny...Just ask Christopher Jeffries.

Original post by Pinkisk
He still has the right to appeal the verdict. Different countries have differing laws surrounding confidentiality in the justice system. In Portugal, for example, the media are not allowed to report on suspects until they are found guilty. Here in the UK, its like the wild west. The media can report on your identity and destroy your reputation just because you look funny...Just ask Christopher Jeffries.

you do not even need to look funny.... it just needs some knobhead to make colorful allegations about you & the police will do the rest.

smh
Reply 8

The law hasnt quite caught up to the digital age out here :lol:
i am surprised that the NZ press are allowed to reveal the gender of the offender :rolleyes:
Original post by bowls78
If I was a member of the jury in a trial that involved a person murdering you I would find the defendant Not Guilty and shake their hand afterwards and say thank you for removing some filth from this world.

What if the person was a serial killer? :biggrin:
One with a history of also murdering vegans and other animal rights activists.
Original post by bowls78
If I was a member of the jury in a trial that involved a person murdering you I would find the defendant Not Guilty and shake their hand afterwards and say thank you for removing some filth from this world.

ladies and gentlemen of the jury the defendant known as tinktoks has entered the dock
Reply 12
ladies and gentlemen of the jury the defendant known as tinktoks has entered the dock

With his list of crimes including, but by no means limited to, making love to barn yard animals.
tinktoks where are u ? you need to give evidence

:rofl:
His identity is most likely being withheld because he's possibly involved in another case that's yet to go to trial. Name suppression is never really put in place to help or protect the accused. If anything, it helps a trial go ahead, be fair, and not be challenged.

The reason it's in place until late 2021 which is kind of specific may be because one person may have to be a certain age before it goes to trial.

Also, I've seen that Grace was a member of this forum and joined in 2014. Voyeuristic, but does anyone have her handle?
Reply 15
Original post by France 98

Also, I've seen that Grace was a member of this forum and joined in 2014. Voyeuristic, but does anyone have her handle?

How'd you hear that??
Reply 17
Original post by Napp
Hmm very interesting.

Is the poster trustworthy? Sent a PM and got nothing back so far.
Reply 19
Peacock politics from the NZ judiciary but no matter where you live on this globe a simple search on the web will reveal a photo and identity of this gutless wonder.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending