The Student Room Group

Ppe oxford 2020

OFFICIAL PPE THREAD:

Has anyone heard anything? How did you find the TSA? What college did you apply for? What are your A level subjects? Sorry for all the questions but I can’t seem to find them anywhere so thought we could have a legit feed JUST for PPE!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Izzy Pye
OFFICIAL PPE THREAD:

Has anyone heard anything? How did you find the TSA? What college did you apply for? What are your A level subjects? Sorry for all the questions but I can’t seem to find them anywhere so thought we could have a legit feed JUST for PPE!!!

Thanks for starting it!! I’m applying to Worcester, TSA was extremely hard for me, I am taking the AP program! Haven’t heard anything back yet.
OFFICIAL PPE THREAD:

thanks for starting the thread! I applied for PPE at Christ Church, I didn’t think the TSA was too bad (a little easier than 2018 maybe), but I know I made at least 2 mistakes for sure. I’m a second degree applicant so no a levels
OFFICIAL PPE THREAD:

Thanks for making the thread! It is so frustrating sifting through all of the applicant threads to find anything useful or reassuring. I haven't heard anything. I found the TSA bearable, it was never going to be easy aha :smile: I am applying to Keble. I am taking Maths, Economics and History and then an EPQ on a political topic.
Reply 4
I don’t know how many mistakes I made- probably more wrong than right haha. A lot of people who I’ve spoken to said they found timings hard and ended up guessing 4/5 of the questions!
Reply 5
ALSO, does anyone know how significant the essay section to the TSA is? What question did you do? Thanks
Reply 6
Original post by Maddie.clark
Thanks for making the thread! It is so frustrating sifting through all of the applicant threads to find anything useful or reassuring. I haven't heard anything. I found the TSA bearable, it was never going to be easy aha :smile: I am applying to Keble. I am taking Maths, Economics and History and then an EPQ on a political topic.

How many people from your school applied? And that’s a very good point, the TSA would never be “easy”!!
Applying for PPE at Exeter haven’t heard yet. Found the TSA much harder than some of the practice papers and had less of the maths questions which I found easier
Reply 8
Original post by crocodiletentwo
Applying for PPE at Exeter haven’t heard yet. Found the TSA much harder than some of the practice papers and had less of the maths questions which I found easier

I applied to Exeter for PPE too. They offered me AAA. I’m sure they will give you an offer soon.
I applied for PPE at St John's, I haven't heard anything yet. Got an offer from Durham 8 days ago, which is a relief. Good luck everyone!
(edited 4 years ago)
Could everyone fill this out?

GCSE GRADES:
A LEVEL PREDICTIONS & SUBJECTS:
HIGHEST SCORE ON PRACTICE TSA PAPER:
COLLEGE APPLIED TO:
OTHER UNIS:
ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO INCLUDE:
Was that last year? @Izzy Pye
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by crocodiletentwo
Was that last year? @Izzy Pye

No. This year.
Reply 13
Original post by Chips2001snake

GCSE GRADES:
COLLEGE APPLIED TO:
OTHER UNIS:

GCSE grades: 2.9s 5.8s 2.7s
A level predicted grades: A*AA
A level subjects: Economics, Politics and English Literature. Predictions respectable to the order of subjects
Highest score on TSA: 68%. I didn’t do many papers.
College: Worcester
Other unis: Birmingham, Exeter, Leeds and Newcastle
Other stuff: not too fussed about getting in just thought I’d give it a go. The first full paper I did under timed conditions was in the exam 😂. Good luck to everyone tho!
I applied to Exeter for PPE too. They offered me AAA. I’m sure they will give you an offer soon.

I think there is a slight misunderstanding here. On an Oxford topic people assume you are talking about Exeter College, not Exeter University.

So your offer is from Exeter Uni, not from Oxford, I guess.
Reply 15
Original post by Wilma W.
I think there is a slight misunderstanding here. On an Oxford topic people assume you are talking about Exeter College, not Exeter University.

So your offer is from Exeter Uni, not from Oxford, I guess.

Ohhhh!! Haha yeh that makes sense. I forgot there was a college called Exeter, sorry!
I also applied for St John’s , haven’t got any interview invitation yet. Got an offer from Manchester on the day of TSA exam! All the best everyone!:smile: we can do itt!
Original post by jasmineapplicant
I applied for PPE at St John's, I haven't heard anything yet. Got an offer from Durham 8 days ago, which is a relief. Good luck everyone!

Same college and some degree! Hiiii
Reply 18
Original post by Chips2001snake

GCSE GRADES:
COLLEGE APPLIED TO:
OTHER UNIS:

GCSE: 3 9s, 5 8s, 1a* 2 as and an a in additional maths.
A level: maths a*, fmaths a and history a*
Highest score: 46
College: wadham
Unis: Leeds, Liverpool, Edinburgh, ucl
Also doing an epq in the South Sea bubble and did Chem as (B)
OFFICIAL PPE THREAD:

I think colleges are allowed to tell you from tomorrow and should be all done by Friday. No pressure guys
I think I might have really messed up the TSA, which is really annoying because I was doing more than well enough in practices. I'm trying not to worry, we're just gonna see I guess.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending