The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by allb17
Hey guys, I just received a conditional offer!

Congrats! Do you recevied any application status email or we have to check our status on application system everyday?

Ps. Hope to get acceptance too, my 2 referees completed on 6 Nov. 😔
Original post by allb17
Thanks! And yes, sure.
I completed the application on Nov the 2nd.
My two references were submitted by the 4th.
Got the offer two weeks later, the 18th.

Thank you!!

Good luck to you all!

that so quick! well done!! Can I ask what programme you applied for? I submitted on Nov 1 but one of my references took a while and only submitted on the 15th. It says 'Application under assessment' at the moment. Did you get this notification? How long did it take for yours to change from 'Application under assessment' to an offer?
Has anybody received/is it known for people to get an unconditional offer before finishing their undergraduate degree?
Reply 23
Original post by ssasaz
Congrats! Do you recevied any application status email or we have to check our status on application system everyday?

Ps. Hope to get acceptance too, my 2 referees completed on 6 Nov. 😔

Thank you! And yes, I got an email saying that my status had changed (it didn't say if I got rejected/accepted in the email).
Good luck! I hope you hear from them soon!
Reply 24
Original post by yoli1998
that so quick! well done!! Can I ask what programme you applied for? I submitted on Nov 1 but one of my references took a while and only submitted on the 15th. It says 'Application under assessment' at the moment. Did you get this notification? How long did it take for yours to change from 'Application under assessment' to an offer?

Thank you so much! It is the MSc in Economics.
Mine was in 'Application under assesment' too for two weeks, till yesterday (Monday 18th of Nov) when I got the conditional offer.
Reply 25
Original post by Asmodaen
Has anybody received/is it known for people to get an unconditional offer before finishing their undergraduate degree?

I don't think it is possible to have an unconditional offer.
I am still doing my undergrad and I got a conditional offer. It is conditioned on graduating in June/July and maintaining a certain average grade (that will depend on the grading system of each country and on the program you're applying to).

If you haven't finished your undergrad, they'll probably make you an offer conditional on you getting the degree.
(edited 4 years ago)
Hi, it seems I am quite late, I was searching for this a few weeks back but couldn't find any. So nice to see this!

- Current University: Bioinformatics major graduated May 2019, International University from Bangladesh. I am now working as an Academic Support staff where my duties range for working as a teaching assistant to the Head of my department and also run the Science and Math Tutoring center. I am also an aspiring entrepreneur as we began the first small Bioinformatic sequencing and analysis company in the country.
- Achieved (Expected) Grade: roughly 2:1
- Prospective Course: MSc in Bioscience Entrepreneurship
- Prospective College: University College London (UCL)
- Fun fact/extracurricular activities:
Internship Experiences:
1. 8 months in a government-sponsored research institute resulting in the first genomic sequencing and decoding in the country. This resulted in two publications in BMC Research notes and T&F (was a big deal in the country but we hardly did anything new)
2. A few other internships in top research institutes. Some work-study experiences as a TA and Lab Assistant. To gain some corporate experience I also worked in KEXIM (South Korea branch) for 2 months after graduation.

I have been elected Class Speaker (we don't have Valedictorians) and I also served various leadership positions, Student Government President, etc.

I emailed the department a few days ago and they were quite encouraging so I am aiming to apply by next month. Trying really hard to write the personal statement though haha.

Anyone applying to the same course? ^_^
Original post by allb17
Hey guys, I just received a conditional offer!

Congrats! what is your average grade? I heard the applications for MSc Economics is super competitive this year
Reply 28
Original post by Jasminechen
Congrats! what is your average grade? I heard the applications for MSc Economics is super competitive this year

I sent you a DM 😊
Original post by allb17
Thank you so much! It is the MSc in Economics.
Mine was in 'Application under assesment' too for two weeks, till yesterday (Monday 18th of Nov) when I got the conditional offer.

Ahh I see, is UCL your first choice? Congratulations!
Reply 30
Ahh I see, is UCL your first choice? Congratulations!

No it’s not, and the other unis will answer after Christmas, so I’ll have to wait to make a decision
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by allb17
No it’s not, and the other unis will answer after Christmas, so I’ll have to wait to make a decision

Ahh okay best of luck with the rest of them!
Reply 32
Ahh okay best of luck with the rest of them!

Thank you so much! Best of luck with yours too!
Reply 33
Programme: Msc Aquatic Conservation, Ecology and Restoration

- University: University of Hong Kong (degree completed in June)
- Achieved Grade: Degree: 2:1, Dissertation: First
- 4 years of cumulative work experience as an Undergrad RA, various NGO's and ecological consultancy
- Founded an online database on the aquatic fauna of HK and a wildlife documentary

Is it a red flag if I got an offer in less than 24 hours after my last reference was sent? To be real, I don't think my application is that strong for such a quick response.
- last reference sent on 6th Nov and I received an offer on 7th Nov
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by heffe
Programme: Msc Aquatic Conservation, Ecology and Restoration

- University: University of Hong Kong (degree completed in June)
- Achieved Grade: Degree: 2:1, Dissertation: First
- 4 years of cumulative work experience as an Undergrad RA, various NGO's and ecological consultancy
- Founded an online database on the aquatic fauna of HK and a wildlife documentary

Is it a red flag if I got an offer in less than 24 hours after my last reference was sent? To be real, I don't think my application is that strong for such a quick response.
- last reference sent on 6th Nov and I received an offer on 7th Nov

why would it be a red flag?
Reply 35
why would it be a red flag?

Maybe I'm just reading into it too much, but it seems a bit too quick, perhaps the course has low desirability or some other factors etc.

As I don't think my application was anything spectacular such as publishing or first honours. Even if they're fast it's usually at least a week or two in most cases I've seen on the forums, so forgive me for my suspicions.
Hello everyone, been lurking for a while, thought I'll finally introduce myself now that my references have been submitted!

I'm an international student applying for the computer science conversion msc. I have a bachelor's degree in physics with grades roughly equivalent to a 2.1. Don't really have much CS related experience, but it's a conversion course so I'm hoping it'll be fine.

Best of luck to everyone who is also still waiting for a decision!
Hey guys! I woke up to an offer this morning! requires an upper 2.1. I thought it would take a lot longer for them to get back to me because I accidentally uploaded the wrong academic transcript (an unofficial one available to me as a student whereas they wanted an official one directly from my uni) but that was Thursday and I got that email at 2am this morning!!! Best of luck everyone!!
Hey guys! I woke up to an offer this morning! requires an upper 2.1. I thought it would take a lot longer for them to get back to me because I accidentally uploaded the wrong academic transcript (an unofficial one available to me as a student whereas they wanted an official one directly from my uni) but that was Thursday and I got that email at 2am this morning!!! Best of luck everyone!!

omg Congratulations!!!
Original post by wannabegenius01
omg Congratulations!!!

Thanks! So excited, I was not expecting to get an offer in the slightest. I was rejected twice for undergrad from them.Just waiting back for one more uni now (my first choice)

Latest

Trending

Trending