The Student Room Group

How to pay and send off the ucas application without reference

How to pay and send off the ucas application without reference
A reference is part of the application. It’s incomplete without it
Reply 2
if you're in school, you fill out all the details and speak to your referee for help for the personal statement and you send off your statement on your own, but only when your referee says to as you need your reference with it. you send it off without the reference, and it should get sent to the school who then attach the reference and send it to ucas
if you're not in school currently then i'd say find someone who knows you academically and can talk about your work ethic and interaction with other people and suitability for whatever you want to go into. if you've left education years ago, then ask an employer, volunteering supervisor or trainer.
if you don't have a reference at all, then you need to contact all your chosen universities and colleges and they agree that you don’t need one, and then confirm this on the reference page of your application.
hope this helps :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by henleykt
A reference is part of the application. It’s incomplete without it

my tutor said I have to pay and send it so she can have access to fill in the reference section. Also how do I tick the personal statement box after I have finished as there is no box which allows me to do so.
Reply 4
Original post by guong
if you're in school, you fill out all the details and speak to your referee for help for the personal statement and you send off your statement on your own, but only when your referee says to as you need your reference with it. you send it off without the reference, and it should get sent to the school who then attach the reference and send it to ucas
if you're not in school currently then i'd say find someone who knows you academically and can talk about your work ethic and interaction with other people and suitability for whatever you want to go into. if you've left education years ago, then ask an employer, volunteering supervisor or trainer.
if you don't have a reference at all, then you need to contact all your chosen universities and colleges and they agree that you don’t need one, and then confirm this on the reference page of your application.
hope this helps :smile:

Where is the reference page on the UCAS application as I cannot see it
Reply 5
I have no reference tab on my application what am I suppose to do now?
Original post by BhavyLad
I have no reference tab on my application what am I suppose to do now?

Are you applying as an individual or did you use a buzzword when you set up your access to Apply?
Reply 7
used a buzzword
used a buzzword

Then there is no reference tab (the buzzword included the info about your referee that would be added in the reference tab if you applied as an individual). If you Pay and Send it will send your application to your referee/college ucas admin.
Reply 9
Where is the reference page on the UCAS application as I cannot see it

https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/applying-university/how-get-ucas-undergraduate-reference

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending