The Student Room Group

BSMS A100 2020 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by myra17
So if someone 2.5 A in section what score is that ?

7.5 which is 2.5 plus 5
Reply 81
Original post by 2500_2

Does that vary for each uni ? Basically you add 5 marks + whatever you got in section 3 ?
Reply 82
Original post by myra17
Does that vary for each uni ? Basically you add 5 marks + whatever you got in section 3 ?

each BMAT uni scores it differently. BSMS is quite unusual putting extra weight on section 3
Reply 83
Original post by 2500_2
each BMAT uni scores it differently. BSMS is quite unusual putting extra weight on section 3

Ah I see so basically someone with overall score of 13 has no chance 😞
Reply 84
no one knows because it depends on the cohort.
Reply 85
It is worth noting that they do put cut-offs for individual sections too. Say if scored really high in S1 (eg. 7.5) but low in S2 (eg. 2.0), you may not get interview, even if you have the same combined score as someone that got 5.0 and 4.5 respectively. Obviously S3 is included in this too, and this is just an example - just a heads-up.

(This is what was told at an admissions lecture on an open day :smile:)
After interviews are offers based solely on performance or a holistic approach with BMAT scores factored in?
Reply 87
Original post by Abzy2002
After interviews are offers based solely on performance or a holistic approach with BMAT scores factored in?

Thats what I was told. I am hoping this year cut off is lower. Seems like alot of people in this forum did pretty well so most likely it will be higher 😔
Reply 88
Original post by myra17
Thats what I was told. I am hoping this year cut off is lower. Seems like alot of people in this forum did pretty well so most likely it will be higher 😔

Sorry unfortunately they do take BMAT. I must have had out dated information.
Reply 89
Original post by s12er
Sorry unfortunately they do take BMAT. I must have had out dated information.

Hi where did you see this information that BMAT is factored in with interview performance? I see on MMI advice they gave this year that "Please note that it is expected that applicants achieving Good in each station will be offered a place to study with BSMS." This makes me believe its based on (good/excellent) interview performance only?
My BMAT results were not shared with Leeds and BSMS. Anybody else out there with the same problem? They emailed me and asked me to sent it again via email, but i´m really worried. I shared them way before the deadline. I actually did it as soon as I had access to them. Do you think it can affect my candidature? Ps: only the Bmat august test takers have to share their results, so don't panic if you didn't.Thank you in advance
Does BSMS only use interviews as a deciding factor of whether people get offers? or are there other factors?
Reply 92
Original post by dvam
Hi where did you see this information that BMAT is factored in with interview performance? I see on MMI advice they gave this year that "Please note that it is expected that applicants achieving Good in each station will be offered a place to study with BSMS." This makes me believe its based on (good/excellent) interview performance only?

I don't know much about the interviews but on their website, they don't mention that internationals are not required to sit the BMAT.
Original post by mariamendes12
My BMAT results were not shared with Leeds and BSMS. Anybody else out there with the same problem? They emailed me and asked me to sent it again via email, but i´m really worried. I shared them way before the deadline. I actually did it as soon as I had access to them. Do you think it can affect my candidature? Ps: only the Bmat august test takers have to share their results, so don't panic if you didn't.Thank you in advance

YES I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM!! I sat my test in August and shared it ASAP. I sent them a pdf copy via the portal and they said they would continue assessing my application. Don't worry it'll be fine! I contacted Leeds as well and they said it's not a problem!!!
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Medhopeful2020
YES I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM!! I sat my test in August and shared it ASAP. I sent them a pdf copy via the portal and they said they would continue assessing my application. Don't worry it'll be fine! I contacted Leeds as well and they said it's not a problem!!!

It got me freaking out tbh. Hopefully everything is going to be just fine. Did you apply to leeds and BSMS as well?
Good luck
Original post by mariamendes12
It got me freaking out tbh. Hopefully everything is going to be just fine. Did you apply to leeds and BSMS as well?
Good luck

I was freaked out as well Q_Q and yeah I applied to BSMS and Leeds. GL to you as well!
Reply 96
Original post by dvam

I was told by the admission officer. Jamie told me the interview is solely based on bmat scores.
Reply 97
Original post by s12er
I don't know much about the interviews but on their website, they don't mention that internationals are not required to sit the BMAT.

They mentioned it if you check right now. It was mentioned around September too!
I'm pretty disappointed with my results tbh as I thought it had gone better than it did. I've got a score of 16.5 using their system, how likely do you think an interview is for me?
Original post by kktrian
I'm pretty disappointed with my results tbh as I thought it had gone better than it did. I've got a score of 16.5 using their system, how likely do you think an interview is for me?

I think you'll defo land an interview. BMAT 2019 averages are low so don't worry. Cut off should be lower/around last year which was 16.1

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending