Muslim schools

Muslim schools lead in uk as top list schools

My point has nothing do to with religion. But what do you make of this gyus
Reply 1
Evidence?
Reply 2
Sinful. Where is your evidence?
Hell yeahhhhh 😂🥰
I think it might be the family culture as well. Not all, but a lot of Muslim families are quite strict on things like Social Media, Relationships and Education. I think this would have a massive amount of impact as they would probably be expected to just focus on education unlike non-Muslim families/cultures.
Reply 7
The list has a large number of girls' schools in it. A relatively high percentage of girls' schools are Muslim schools.
They can't be the best if they teach inaccuracies in my opinion. Watch Richard Dawkins visiting a Muslim school for a better insight. Obviously that doesn't represent every Muslim school but it gives you an idea.

I'll try not to make this into a debate but in my humble opinion, all schools should be secularised. I don't believe that a religiously biased education is equal to a secular education at all. As such, religiously themed schools and education systems have no place in a secular country (this extends to all religions, not just Islam).
Reply 9
Original post by Cryoraptor
They can't be the best if they teach inaccuracies in my opinion. Watch Richard Dawkins visiting a Muslim school for a better insight. Obviously that doesn't represent every Muslim school but it gives you an idea.

I'll try not to make this into a debate but in my humble opinion, all schools should be secularised. I don't believe that a religiously biased education is equal to a secular education at all. As such, religiously themed schools and education systems have no place in a secular country (this extends to all religions, not just Islam).

What do you mean by inaccurcies?
Reply 10
Original post by extraspicynoodle
I think it might be the family culture as well. Not all, but a lot of Muslim families are quite strict on things like Social Media, Relationships and Education. I think this would have a massive amount of impact as they would probably be expected to just focus on education unlike non-Muslim families/cultures.

I agree with you! Muslim families have a strong relationship
Original post by rojomed
What do you mean by inaccurcies?

Basically everything in the Qur'an that contradicts modern science or other knowledge of today that would be taught in a Muslim school.

When Dawkins visited that Muslim school, the children legitimately thought that saltwater and freshwater don't mix (something in the Qur'an). Would any person who has gone through secular education believe such nonsense?

Like I said, there is no conceivable way that a religious education is superior to a secular one. The only reason you'd send your child to a faith school is to indoctrinate them into your religion instead of giving them the opportunity to learn critical thinking skills and question your religion's integrity.
Original post by Cryoraptor
Basically everything in the Qur'an that contradicts modern science or other knowledge of today that would be taught in a Muslim school.

When Dawkins visited that Muslim school, the children legitimately thought that saltwater and freshwater don't mix (something in the Qur'an). Would any person who has gone through secular education believe such nonsense?

Like I said, there is no conceivable way that a religious education is superior to a secular one. The only reason you'd send your child to a faith school is to indoctrinate them into your religion instead of giving them the opportunity to learn critical thinking skills and question your religion's integrity.

They have that opportunity anyway. And you keep using the word secular without defining it. Go on, define it accurately. You're the one who complained about inaccuracies.
It’s defo the cultural aspect that produces the high results tho
Original post by Justvisited
They have that opportunity anyway. And you keep using the word secular without defining it. Go on, define it accurately. You're the one who complained about inaccuracies.

secular
/ˈsɛkjʊlə/
adjective
not connected with religious or spiritual matters.

I'm sorry if you don't know what the world 'secular' means.
Original post by Justvisited
And you keep using the word secular without defining it.

We have dictionaries for that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending