The Student Room Group

3 to a 7 is it possible?

there is less than 6 months for gcse and im failing everything!!!!
im on a grade 3 but want a 7 or higher
im going to revise 4 hours on weekdays and 7 hours on weekends [1 hour each subject]
is it possible for me to get a 7 or more in less than 6 months?
i really want to go to medical school but i dont think can make it ?
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Anything is possible. I went from a U to a 6 in Religious Studies with minimal effort - just revised like a week before.
You're probably better off doing not as much revision as that 6 months before - you won't do it after day two. Do maybe an hour a day until around january then start revising more :smile:
Reply 2
I am a part-time tutor and have taught students less than 6months before their exams and they achieved an average of an 8 through my advice.

Strong work ethic and willingness to learn will give you the grades you need - not too late, best of luck
Original post by Fawks
Anything is possible. I went from a U to a 6 in Religious Studies with minimal effort - just revised like a week before.
You're probably better off doing not as much revision as that 6 months before - you won't do it after day two. Do maybe an hour a day until around january then start revising more :smile:

:smile: thank you sooo much
Original post by Prix0
I am a part-time tutor and have taught students less than 6months before their exams and they achieved an average of an 8 through my advice.

Strong work ethic and willingness to learn will give you the grades you need - not too late, best of luck

thank you:smile:
short answer: yes. i did it in physics. you can do anything if you put the work in and believe in yourself
Yessss definitely. Nobody revises GCSEs until there’s 6 months to go. Now’s the perfect time. I went from a 3–>7 in literature and 5–>8 in language and 5—>9 in rs.
Original post by Gcsestudent123.
im going to revise 4 hours on weekdays and 7 hours on weekends [1 hour each subject]

4 hours everyday, bruh you'll get level 9s if you do that consistently until the exams. Of course you'll lose all your social skills and social life but hey, whatever floats your boat. Your best bet is an hour a day until January then up it to 2 hours a day. Then a month till the exams 3 hours.
Original post by ArtmisKco
Yessss definitely. Nobody revises GCSEs until there’s 6 months to go. Now’s the perfect time. I went from a 3–>7 in literature and 5–>8 in language and 5—>9 in rs.

How did u revise for English language and rs
Original post by Prix0

But I’m really scared and people say I can’t do it ??? If I try hard can I get higher grade possibly a 9 even ??? Pls reply xxx
Original post by Fawks

Howwww??????
Reply 11
I went from a 4 in all the sciences to 9s in all of them by just cramming a few weeks before the exams (I wouldn’t recommend that though because I probably got lucky). But anything is possible. GCSEs aren’t as hard as people make them out to be and you’ll realise that a few days into your A levels.
Original post by Elzon
I went from a 4 in all the sciences to 9s in all of them by just cramming a few weeks before the exams (I wouldn’t recommend that though because I probably got lucky). But anything is possible. GCSEs aren’t as hard as people make them out to be and you’ll realise that a few days into your A levels.

Omg 😮 thanks
can you pls tell me how u did it ?????
I went from a 2 to a 7 in 1 month so its not impossible
Original post by chialgora
I went from a 2 to a 7 in 1 month so its not impossible

Can u pls tell me how u did this
di u have any tips?
Reply 15
Omg 😮 thanks
can you pls tell me how u did it ?????

Get the CGP books for the sciences and maths. Make sure you do at-least one past paper for each subtopic.

Just to bring up my personal story, I had mocks in March, two months before my GCSE’s, and I found myself in the similar position as you are right now. I was failing, VERY badly. I was getting 2’s and 3’s in English language and literature, 5’s in RE, 2/3’s in Chemistry, 3’s in Physics and 4’s in Biology. This was 2 months before my final exams. But I seemed to sort my act out slightly before the exams and got 7’s, 8’s and 9’s throughout all of my subjects. Believe me , you have PLENTY of time if you utilise it very wisely and do not waste any of it. Speak to your teachers on how you can improve and stay back after school for help and support if that it provided. Your GCSE’s are very important and the one thing I really regret is not trying hard enough because I tried here and there and got all A/A*/A** equivalent but I could’ve gotten all A* and higher if I had spent the time and put in more work if only I took my GCSE’s seriously. I really do believe that all 8’s and 9’s are achievable for anyone if they try hard enough from now till your GCSE’s are over.

I think the main thing is - DONT PANIC!!! I know it’s hard but if you panic then you will be less likely to improve because that knowledge won’t go in!

I know exactly how you feel - in my mocks ( January ) I achieved U/Es and 2s in all 9 of my subjects. I revised for about 2hrs after school and 4hrs at the weekend and I achieved 2As 4Bs 3Cs. They aren’t all 7s but I am currently applying to medical school and SOME only look at maths English grade B or above.

so to answer your question yes it is possible. It’s about the effort you put in and not just I spent 4hrs looking at my books , you need to actively revise , past papers , flashcards ect

good luck!
yeah i legit read the textbook before the exam

Went from 3/4/5s to 7-9s in GCSE just by reading the revision guide the night before. It may be because my year were the first to do reformed GCSEs but I found mocks harder than the actual GCSE

Quick Reply

Latest