The Student Room Group

Applying to medicine too late

i wanted to apply to medicine but found out too late about the ucat test and still want to do medicine now is there anyway i could get into medicine now. i regret this choice and i hope noone else makes the same mistake i did.
You can’t get into any medicine degree with having done the UCAT for most unis and BMAT for Cambridge and you’ve also missed the early entrant deadline that medicine has on 15th October. The only way you can get in now is to wait until next year to apply in time.
Unfortunately there's not a chance of you getting in now. Your best bet is to take a gap year and apply afterwards, if your really keen on doing medicine. However, if not, apply to a science based course eg. biomedical sciences and apply to med as a graduate.
Original post by Torigracex
You can’t get into any medicine degree with having done the UCAT for most unis and BMAT for Cambridge and you’ve also missed the early entrant deadline that medicine has on 15th October. The only way you can get in now is to wait until next year to apply in time.

thanks you is there any way to go in throught clearing
Original post by ja_crispy
Unfortunately there's not a chance of you getting in now. Your best bet is to take a gap year and apply afterwards, if your really keen on doing medicine. However, if not, apply to a science based course eg. biomedical sciences and apply to med as a graduate.

i really want to do medicine i have a passion for it
You can attempt clearing but honestly medicine is so so competitive you’re unlikely to get anything. If you do wait until next year then you’ll already have your A level results so once you get offers you can secure your place immediately. You could research different unis and whether there’s an option to do intercalation (you start one course related to medicine and then if you’re good enough you can move onto the actual medicine course) but I only know how this works for veterinary (as I’m applying for veterinary right now).
You can attempt clearing but honestly medicine is so so competitive you’re unlikely to get anything. If you do wait until next year then you’ll already have your A level results so once you get offers you can secure your place immediately. You could research different unis and whether there’s an option to do intercalation (you start one course related to medicine and then if you’re good enough you can move onto the actual medicine course) but I only know how this works for veterinary (as I’m applying for veterinary right now).

what course are you applying to right now
Original post by hamza_ali12334
what course are you applying to right now

Veterinary medicine, but many of my friends are in the process of receiving medicine interview invitations at the moment, and applying to vet med is very similar to medicine
Veterinary medicine, but many of my friends are in the process of receiving medicine interview invitations at the moment, and applying to vet med is very similar to medicine

isnt it too late to be applying now for medicine
Original post by hamza_ali12334
isnt it too late to be applying now for medicine

For 2020 entry (so starting next September) the deadline of October 15th has already passed so yes it’s too late for you apply at all this year

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending