The Student Room Group

St George's A101 2020 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheOneAmr
Hey, can I ask what your stats are? In terms of work experience, degree and gamsat score? I just scored 65 in my gamsat and have about 140 hours of hands on work experience and I want to know what my chances are!

As long as you meet the minimum requirements (2.1 in degree or have a masters, don't think there's anything else but double check the uni site if you haven't already) and got 50+ in each section I would be very surprised if you don't get an interview as the cut off has never been that high.

Work experience is assessed at the time of interview, so won't affect whether you get an interview invite or not. I actually had very little so you should be fine with 140 hours, that will be more than most I would think.
Anyone know how much SGUL adhere to the min 50 in each section? I got 59 overall but 49 in S3 which is gutting. I'm gonna call admissions on Monday but not particularly hopeful
What does everyone think the cut-off score will be?
Reply 23
I'm guessing around 58-60, although I think it was as high as 62 one year...!
Reply 24
Original post by Jb244
I'm guessing around 58-60, although I think it was as high as 62 one year...!

Is there a given date by which they post cut off scores?
Reply 25
This is all from what I've read/ assumed across other unis but I think they generally post the cut offs once they've finished with their interviews as they may set an initial cut off and not find enough candidates to offer an interview and then lower it. Are you happy with your score?
Reply 26
Original post by Jb244
This is all from what I've read/ assumed across other unis but I think they generally post the cut offs once they've finished with their interviews as they may set an initial cut off and not find enough candidates to offer an interview and then lower it. Are you happy with your score?

Thanks for that and makes sense. I took Gamsat and Ucat recently after short time of study, no science background, with MSc in marketing. Got a 61 having barely scrapped through science with a 53. But got 80 in sec 2 and 58 in sec 1. So I am pleased though I might not make it this year. Applying to Ireland GEM too so fingers crossed. Ucat score of 2500, not good but who knows!!
Reply 27
Hi Millie,I have had an issue where I put the wrong UCAS ID in my gamsat results on acers website so I am unsure if my results have been communicated to SGUL, what can I do? Who can I email with the pdf of results or will my application now be auto rejected :frown:
Original post by zain729
Hi Millie,I have had an issue where I put the wrong UCAS ID in my gamsat results on acers website so I am unsure if my results have been communicated to SGUL, what can I do? Who can I email with the pdf of results or will my application now be auto rejected :frown:

I've just realised I've also done this! Have you heard anything back from anyone?
Reply 29
Original post by zain729

Original post by medap777
I've just realised I've also done this! Have you heard anything back from anyone?

Sorry that you guys are in this position.
I would advise to contact both ACER and your GAMSAT unis to see what they would advise: https://www.acer.org/gb/assessment#contact
Original post by zain729

Hi!

This can be frustrating I'm sorry this has happened. I would recommend you email [email protected] and let them know about this, it should hopefully save you a bit of time that way.

It should hopefully not be auto-rejected hence why I would email the Uni ASAP explaining your situation.

I hope this helps and good luck!

Best Wishes,
MJ
4th Year MBBS
St. George's
Reply 31
Does anyone have any idea about when we might start to hear from them? I know people who have applied to the a100 course have started to receive interviews (looking at their TSR thread)
Reply 32
Original post by Sofia02
Does anyone have any idea about when we might start to hear from them? I know people who have applied to the a100 course have started to receive interviews (looking at their TSR thread)

Was just thinking the same today!
Original post by Sofia02

Last year they were sent out mid December. The A100 interviews were first so the A101 stuff all happened a bit later. Not sure what the schedule is this year.
Original post by Sofia02

Hi!

Sorry that you are having to wait. I know that's the most nerve wracking thing. I assume they are busy processing/looking through applications. Since it is quite early in the process, I wouldn't worry too much. But maybe if its been quite some time i.e. January/February then you can always contact them! They are quite friendly on the phone and emails!

I hope that helps.

Best Wishes,
MJ
4th Year MBBS
St. George's
Reply 35
I emailed to find out when we would hear and when the interviews will be. I got the following response:

"Our Graduate Entry Medicine interviews will be held on 3rd, 5th and 6th February. We are aiming to communicate our decisions to all applicants by mid-January."

So we may not hear for a while, but it's good to know!
Reply 36
Original post by Jb244
I emailed to find out when we would hear and when the interviews will be. I got the following response:

"Our Graduate Entry Medicine interviews will be held on 3rd, 5th and 6th February. We are aiming to communicate our decisions to all applicants by mid-January."

Long time to wait for my rejection! 😂😅
Original post by Jb244

oh my godddd that is a drag
Original post by Jb244

ehh they're prob just saying that to cover their ass, checked last years forum and people started hearing back 15th december.
Do we reckon their cut off will stay 59 like last year, as Swansea also hasn't changed from 59...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending