The Student Room Group

a-level revision techniques?

i take psychology biology and maths and im really struggling with finding the best way for me to revise. last year for my big end of year exams i handwrote notes and memorised them for psychology, which took me so long and hasn't retained in my memory at all because i just crammed it. i've tried typing notes up instead so it will be quicker but i don't think it's really helping because i can never actually really read my notes properly once i've written them, so the revision comes from actually writing them, but then the problem is i do not know how to make sure i can keep all the detail i need in my head.

does anyone have any suggestions on what i can do? flashcards aren't very helpful for me as i need to know a lot of detail but i don't want to just memorise it and hope for the best.
if you're doing aqa psychology, there are some tutor2u videos on youtube that are made by an aqa psychology examiner so you can see what an ideal answer would be, and he explains a lot of the content in small 4 minute videos. Easy for end of year prep, another way is doing the practise questions from the textbook. You could try memorising the content from one page and then complete the answers on that page, instead of memorising everything in the whole spec at once just work your way through it.
Original post by tacobeth
if you're doing aqa psychology, there are some tutor2u videos on youtube that are made by an aqa psychology examiner so you can see what an ideal answer would be, and he explains a lot of the content in small 4 minute videos. Easy for end of year prep, another way is doing the practise questions from the textbook. You could try memorising the content from one page and then complete the answers on that page, instead of memorising everything in the whole spec at once just work your way through it.

ty, i have seen some of their videos. i think i learn quite well with videos but im worried that i won't remember what i've seen weeks later and will have to keep revisiting it?

i basically need something to make sure i can keep the information in my mind, and notes don't seem to be working very well for me.

Quick Reply

Latest