The Student Room Group

Just politics...

Labour has a lot of policies that are considered attractive to young people like myself. However, these policies cannot just come like that without a strategy (which is lacking in Politics).

I’m wondering...how could these policies promised by Labour be implemented?

Does that mean taxes will be raised? If yes,who will pay these taxes? Is it enough to fund these policies?

Nothing really is free, the middle class always was the backbone of each society, the question is...

What will happen to the middle class if these policies is implemented?
Original post by Lovepandas87
Labour has a lot of policies that are considered attractive to young people like myself. However, these policies cannot just come like that without a strategy (which is lacking in Politics).

I’m wondering...how could these policies promised by Labour be implemented?

Does that mean taxes will be raised? If yes,who will pay these taxes? Is it enough to fund these policies?

Nothing really is free, the middle class always was the backbone of each society, the question is...

What will happen to the middle class if these policies is implemented?

Have you read the labour manifesto. It would answer your questions.
Original post by PQ

Well it doesn’t as they have under costed their pledges and the IFS says the way they plan to take the tax to pay for it isn’t credible.

Add to that the damage it does to pension funds and the original poster is right to question what happens to the middle class voters.
Misrepresenting the IFS report again based on watching a tv interview instead of reading it :yawn:
Original post by PQ
Misrepresenting the IFS report again based on watching a tv interview instead of reading it :yawn:

Watching a tv interview of the person who wrote it 😂
Can you find the word “credible” in the IFS initial response?
Original post by PQ
Can you find the word “credible” in the IFS initial response?

Enjoy....

https://www.lbc.co.uk/politics/elections/general-election-2019/is-labours-manifesto-credible-independent-analysis/

I’ll be back this afternoon to see as to how you’re right and the director of the IFS is so wrong and that’s again discounting the pension announcement and the wrong costings for things like broadband.

I look forward to reading your balls later
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by PQ

I'll have a look
@paul514 You do know that a radio interview is NOT the published analysis. :rolleyes:
Original post by Lovepandas87
I'll have a look

This in the FT is worth a read too https://www.ft.com/content/d29b4cbe-0fa4-11ea-a225-db2f231cfeae (better than a report from the radio station with Farage on it for balance!) It's subscriber only on desktop but let me in without on mobile :ninjagirl:
Reply 10
Original post by paul514
Watching a tv interview of the person who wrote it 😂

Are you still on about this?
1. You (or your source) are misrepresenting the IFS report.
2. The IFS report is just one opinion. It is not objective fact.
3. The IFS concludes that the Tory plan does not cover their spending promises.

All of which I have already pointed out to you. So given all this, what is your actual point? You are a Tory voter? You don't like Corbyn? Why not just say that instead of trying to pretend you have some rational argument? (TBH, your claim that the NHS's problems are due to immigration (to some extent) really tells us all we need to know)
Original post by QE2
Are you still on about this?
1. You (or your source) are misrepresenting the IFS report.
2. The IFS report is just one opinion. It is not objective fact.
3. The IFS concludes that the Tory plan does not cover their spending promises.

All of which I have already pointed out to you. So given all this, what is your actual point? You are a Tory voter? You don't like Corbyn? Why not just say that instead of trying to pretend you have some rational argument? (TBH, your claim that the NHS's problems are due to immigration (to some extent) really tells us all we need to know)

Ok that’s it, you are the third person ever to earn your way into the ignore list.

I’m fed up with you making up things I have said and answering points I haven’t made, enjoy meeting vinny and napp as that is your level of debate 👍
Original post by PQ
This in the FT is worth a read too https://www.ft.com/content/d29b4cbe-0fa4-11ea-a225-db2f231cfeae (better than a report from the radio station with Farage on it for balance!) It's subscriber only on desktop but let me in without on mobile :ninjagirl:

You can get the same interview stories about his comments on any media site and just because it has Farage as a host for an hour a day doesn’t make it some unbalanced source.

It also has James O’Brien on the same station ffs
Reply 13
Original post by paul514
Ok that’s it, you are the third person ever to earn your way into the ignore list.

I’m fed up with you making up things I have said and answering points I haven’t made,

So the best response you have it to put me on the ignore list?
:rofl:

enjoy meeting vinny and napp as that is your level of debate

The ignore list isn't a special thread we get sent to, you know. We don't get to meet each other.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending