The Student Room Group

HSBC Graduate Scheme Application Process

Has anyone done the job simulation for the HSBC Commercial Banking Graduate Scheme? I'm not sure how to prepare for it...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by patt101
Has anyone done the job simulation for the HSBC Commercial Banking Graduate Scheme? I'm not sure how to prepare for it...

I finished the blended video testing ages ago and now keep getting emails about being still under review. Shame they don't provide a date to let us know when we will find out. :frown:
Reply 2
I rang the Graduate recruitment team today since it’s been over a month since I submitted the job simulation. I was told they are arranging Assessment Centre dates for the last 2 weeks of November but would of be inviting the highest scoring candidates first. And that they had already started contacting people for the AC! So guessing not a good sign 🙁

Original post by Brandimo
I finished the blended video testing ages ago and now keep getting emails about being still under review. Shame they don't provide a date to let us know when we will find out. :frown:
Reply 3
Original post by K2abir
I rang the Graduate recruitment team today since it’s been over a month since I submitted the job simulation. I was told they are arranging Assessment Centre dates for the last 2 weeks of November but would of be inviting the highest scoring candidates first. And that they had already started contacting people for the AC! So guessing not a good sign 🙁

Thanks for letting me know pal! Hopefully we just slip through at the end so lol
Got the HSBC technology grad scheme AC at Canary Wharf on 28th November, anyone the same?
Reply 5
Anyone that applied for Global Research heard back yet? Not looking too great for me at this point! :s-smilie:
Reply 6
Finally heard back!

"Many thanks for your application for the position of Graduate - Global Banking & Markets - Global Research - Europe - UK - London and your interest in working with us at HSBC.

We are very interested in your profile and wanted to confirm that you have met the online testing cognitive thresholds that we have in place for both the On-line Immersive Assessment and the Job Simulator.

As our hiring works on a rolling basis for all programmes, there may now be a short delay whilst we review your application in full and consider this for short-listing to our Assessment Centres. Please note, we are running Assessment Centres on a weekly basis for most programmes and expect these to continue until early in the new year, unless the role is filled within that timeframe. If this occurs, we will provide you with a timely update and advise you of other suitable vacancies you may wish to consider, where applicable."

Hopefully this will reassure some of you guys who applied later on - it may be a while before you hear back just due to when you applied!
Reply 7
Original post by Brandimo
Finally heard back!

"Many thanks for your application for the position of Graduate - Global Banking & Markets - Global Research - Europe - UK - London and your interest in working with us at HSBC.

We are very interested in your profile and wanted to confirm that you have met the online testing cognitive thresholds that we have in place for both the On-line Immersive Assessment and the Job Simulator.

As our hiring works on a rolling basis for all programmes, there may now be a short delay whilst we review your application in full and consider this for short-listing to our Assessment Centres. Please note, we are running Assessment Centres on a weekly basis for most programmes and expect these to continue until early in the new year, unless the role is filled within that timeframe. If this occurs, we will provide you with a timely update and advise you of other suitable vacancies you may wish to consider, where applicable."

Hopefully this will reassure some of you guys who applied later on - it may be a while before you hear back just due to when you applied!

Thanks for the update and fingers crossed you hear back soon
Reply 8
Does anyone have an AC for Commercial Banking?
Reply 9
How long does it take to hear back after the immersive assessment ??
Reply 10
Original post by R123Z456
Does anyone have an AC for Commercial Banking?

here
My AC is on the 4th so I'll have my conference call a day or two before.

Have you guys had it or are you gonna have it? If so when and where?
Reply 12
Original post by R123Z456
My AC is on the 4th so I'll have my conference call a day or two before.

Have you guys had it or are you gonna have it? If so when and where?

My AC is on 29th in Birmingham. The briefing call is just a staff talking about what will happen in AC and you can ask some questions to her.
Reply 13
Original post by ztyccc
My AC is on 29th in Birmingham. The briefing call is just a staff talking about what will happen in AC and you can ask some questions to her.

Is this for commercial banking (CMB)?
RBWM AC anyone?
Reply 15
Original post by K2abir
Is this for commercial banking (CMB)?

yes
Original post by ztyccc

I too have the AC for commercial banking. I missed the call, was there any extra info during the call than what was provided in the email?
Reply 17
Original post by sarahandersonx
I too have the AC for commercial banking. I missed the call, was there any extra info during the call than what was provided in the email?

I dont think there is any extra info tho they might contain some technical Q? I am not sure and when and where is your ac?
Has anyone been invited to an assessment centre for Retail Bank & Wealth Management - Global Asset Management?
Reply 19
Original post by acelenny
Has anyone been invited to an assessment centre for Retail Bank & Wealth Management - Global Asset Management?

Yes I had mine last Thursday

Quick Reply

Latest