The Student Room Group

People who put in no effort - A levels

Is it just me who hates careless people who put in no effort and slow the lesson down . It’s irritating that myself and others who pre-read have to be slowed down because of these stupid idiots Lol. Just me or AIBU

Scroll to see replies

Ok nerd
What’s wrong with being a nerd ? You’re obviously triggered here so tell me .. Why ?
Original post by chem.queenp
Is it just me who hates careless people who put in no effort and slow the lesson down . It’s irritating that myself and others who pre-read have to be slowed down because of these stupid idiots Lol. Just me or AIBU

TBF you sound quite arrogant and selfish.
Perhaps others havent been blessed with your ability and prefer to be normal balanced people.
Is it possible people might find you irritating and obnoxious?

ps being a nerd is fine, even being selfish is fine, but you can hardly complain if people dislike you for being obnoxious.,
(edited 4 years ago)

I understand this in terms of people who are regularly late but people who don't pre-read is a bit much
Original post by 999tigger
TBF you sound quite arrogant and selfish.
Perhaps others havent been blessed with your ability and prefer to be normal balanced people.
Is it possible people might find you irritating and obnoxious?

ps being a nerd is fine, even being selfish is fine, but you can hardly complain if people dislike you for being obnoxious.,

I’m not arrogant or selfish at all. I have had to WORK to get to the level I am at now so why can’t others do the same and save us some time ? They just sit there wasting the teachers time and more importantly STUDENTS time.
I’m not arrogant or selfish at all. I have had to WORK to get to the level I am at now so why can’t others do the same and save us some time ? They just sit there wasting the teachers time and more importantly STUDENTS time.

not everyone has the same ability as you
Your time isn't that valuable.
Lmaoooo you’re gonna have a rough time in uni then
Original post by holly6901
not everyone has the same ability as you

What exactly do you mean ?! Are you trying to say not everyone is able to pre-read ? LOL
Reply 10
i put in hardly any effort for alvels and i got A*A*A in maths,further maths and physics

why do you even care
What exactly do you mean ?! Are you trying to say not everyone is able to pre-read ? LOL

some people have learning difficulties and may find it harder. Some may learn through videos instead of reading. Some may be disabled and be in hospital a lot. Some may be carers and be too busy caring. Some may be in poverty and can't afford the book. Not everyone is the same as you

If you mean disrupting the lesson - totally agree with you. If you mean generally struggling, that's a bit harsh. Sixth forms generally have a huge spectrum of ability with some people getting Es/Us and others getting As/A*s. Just ignore what's going on in class and do further reading instead. Perhaps dust off the A-level course you're doing and try hard extension problems (perhaps olympiad questions in your subject if that's your style), or even doing some introductory undergrad stuff. Just don't let it distract you too much. Don't let them slow you down. You'll be able to milk it on your PS and it's good preparation for university. Best of luck.
(edited 4 years ago)

Some students are very dependent on their teacher and generally fail to develop independent studying habits. They might struggle to motivate themselves to do pre-reading, or might find reading ahead hard and have to have it broken down or explained one on one. University would then be somewhat of a shock.
Yeah I definitely understand, like we spend so long on a topic (My problem subject is Maths) and people just don’t pay attention so when we do our practice exam questions in our final lesson they always hold it up and constantly have the teacher re explaining **** he’s covered about 50 times and we can’t just move on.
In every single class there are some studenta who put in their 100% and some who don't . not everyone has that much time to do all the pre reading - you see unlike you we have a life . I don't do pre reading all the time . sometimes i come into class and i have no idea whats going yet I get straight A's. Not everyone is like you . I don't like how you put it as if you're superior to them .
Original post by safia.2002
In every single class there are some studenta who put in their 100% and some who don't . not everyone has that much time to do all the pre reading - you see unlike you we have a life . I don't do pre reading all the time . sometimes i come into class and i have no idea whats going yet I get straight A's. Not everyone is like you . I don't like how you put it as if you're superior to them .

I really don't think this is a fair comment.

I don't why negative attitudes towards academics/learning are basically normalised nowadays and people with positive attitudes made fun of...
Original post by safia.2002

What do you mean have a life ? You’re acting like you do anything more important than studying. And I don’t care about your A grades, this isn’t what the threads about . I don't believe I am superior to anybody I just can’t stand lazy and disruptive students.
Reply 19
Just wait until university hahahaha

Quick Reply

Latest