The Student Room Group

Identity Management - Modelling Platform Scam or Genuine?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Magjam
no they dont they make you purchase very expensive profolio!!!

Some people stated in here yes some no. Is a well organised trap, they will convince you to sign an agreement /contract that you will pay for the photos (500, 875, 2000)nothing else. The rest is beautiful well packet the illusion of a bright future. Tell them you can't pay for portofoglio and you need to earn first and ask your money back. Be clever, diplomat they are well trained to do this.
Original post by Magjam
no they dont they make you purchase very expensive profolio!!!

too bad:frown: thanks for the info!
I had the same experience today. OMG! They took £50 too saying they will return the refund on the day if I will arrive in London for the shoot. The woman I’m talking named Lydia. 😭
Business! So frustrating that’s happening to victims
If you paid by PayPal you can sort it and have your money back if not go to the Citizen Adviser. Is good you didn't signed anything.Probably you still have your e-mails and the invitation to the studio. With them you can have your money back
So signed up for the model agency for my daughter got a call from Louis who was very excited and gave me the whole she can make 5 grand in a month speech then leading on top the one day photo shoot bring 8 outfits and all make up and hair staff will be there for a photo studio and street photo shoot he then began to say limited offer and rushing me with the date to go and the time to pay the deposit now this is not my 1st rodeo with scam agreements this just seems to be a rush choice for me and don’t feel like a professional company would hmmm Ive read the comments and wondering if there is anyone out there who is now going on any jobs with them yet ? Do you start working after you pay off the portfolio ?... lol really?! 2400 as well as you own outfits why not pay for a photo shoot your self would be way more cheaper smh this is crazy , I new there was something.... don’t think I would be going but would be a good experience for my daughter just be a star for a day but pay for pictures lol I think not £50 for a good day out seems like a discount gift trip . I do believe that these places need to be logged and reported or maybe even a law to be passed against this hustle here ..
Reply 66
hi as for experience yes I would say go why not. I had a great day.... now I am out of pocket £275 and I cancelled my card so they wont take more out of me. They wont give you or anyone any jobs....

I wish I could take tgis case further as they cheat so many ppl....
Hi there, but who is your manager though? Isn’t he/she supposed to launch your modelling career? I paid for my photo shoot deposit of £50 and paid another £150 of my first initial cost of my portfolio but told them that I’m not ready to pay up to almost £700 until the new year. So I think I’ll go forward to book paid jobs while I make sure I refuse to pay anymore photos with them as they understand my financial situation. They did say that you are not obliged to do so. Guys, just learn to say no as paying for more photos should just be optional (other than a portfolio). Not that I booked any work yet until I get my portfolio in the new year so let’s see what happens. And yes I did pay for my modelling shoots before but that was 3 years ago. Hence why I feel I needed to update my portfolio.
(edited 4 years ago)
So I went to my shoot today in a really professional looking studio, the staff were so friendly and really made it a great day. I’ve never thought of myself as photogenic but it was incredible what they managed to do! I almost didn’t recognise myself in some of the photos they really were amazing! So after the shoot, they gave me a break then I came back for an assessment and review to find out if I was successful or not. After a discussion about how it all worked Sharne (the assessor) told me I was successful and offered me a variety of portfolio options in order to keep the photos, she recommended a £2400 option which I said I absolutely couldn’t afford, after talking a while she realised that I couldn’t afford to pay any of the options upfront and so we agreed that I would go for the cheapest options (10 photos for £500) I put a deposit down of £150 and to pay the rest over the next 4 months. She also said that she loved my photos so much and thinks I could do so well with them she would give me the other 40 from the shoot for free. I was signed up to be managed by a man called Aiden who is apparently the best in the identity management team, I am supposed to email him my portfolio as soon as I get it and then he will start getting me work. I’m kinda concerned that it might be a scam and I’m wasting money on something that will never happen. Has anyone got any further than this or is this as far as it gets? Thanks for any advice
Reply 69
Omddd they said the same thing to me!! Did you hear back from them?
Original post by Kanokh
Omddd they said the same thing to me!! Did you hear back from them?

Is that a reply to me? I only did the shoot on Sunday and still have £350 to pay off before getting the copyright to the photos so I have no chance of hearing anything for several months if I continue he direct debit. So did you go along to the shoot and they make you the same offer?
Reply 71
Original post by Merrydew
Is that a reply to me? I only did the shoot on Sunday and still have £350 to pay off before getting the copyright to the photos so I have no chance of hearing anything for several months if I continue he direct debit. So did you go along to the shoot and they make you the same offer?

Hii yes j just did it yesterday and everything was same as your shoot except that the guy name was dominic,
Original post by Kanokh
Hii yes j just did it yesterday and everything was same as your shoot except that the guy name was dominic,

Sounds like we’ve both been ripped off then if it’s exactly the same :/ I’ve also not heard much from them despite trying to contact them a couple of times to get more info from them :/ at the end of the day I’m looking at is as have had a great day out and at the end of it I’ll get some amazing pictures
Reply 73
Sounds like we’ve both been ripped off then if it’s exactly the same :/ I’ve also not heard much from them despite trying to contact them a couple of times to get more info from them :/ at the end of the day I’m looking at is as have had a great day out and at the end of it I’ll get some amazing pictures

Should we do something? Like claim or call the authorities? If we all work together we can have our money back
Original post by Kanokh
Should we do something? Like claim or call the authorities? If we all work together we can have our money back

I'm in
Original post by Kanokh

I honestly don’t think we have much of a case at the moment, the photo shoot company never claimed to be able to get us work, and the coating for a shoot, hair and make up etc in soho would be as expensive or more without the photos, whilst it sucks it probably won’t give us work the way identity model management said we will still have an amazing portfolio to start off with looking at other avenues and honestly I’m pretty happy with that! If I didn’t get my photos at the end of it though I would be devastated.
Reply 76
I honestly don’t think we have much of a case at the moment, the photo shoot company never claimed to be able to get us work, and the coating for a shoot, hair and make up etc in soho would be as expensive or more without the photos, whilst it sucks it probably won’t give us work the way identity model management said we will still have an amazing portfolio to start off with looking at other avenues and honestly I’m pretty happy with that! If I didn’t get my photos at the end of it though I would be devastated.

I am so confused! I dont understand if it is a scam or what cause my assessor keep sending me emails and everything abt the next step omddd i have no idea what to do!
Original post by Kanokh
I am so confused! I dont understand if it is a scam or what cause my assessor keep sending me emails and everything abt the next step omddd i have no idea what to do!

What kind of emails are they sending you? I’ve not heard anything from my assessor I’ve just been trying to rearrange my payment date for when I’ve actually been paid which is causing difficulties but haven’t heard from anyone else since Sunday.
I fell for the same trap, I am now realising everything was too good to be true
Original post by staying focused
Hi there, but who is your manager though? Isn’t he/she supposed to launch your modelling career? I paid for my photo shoot deposit of £50 and paid another £150 of my first initial cost of my portfolio but told them that I’m not ready to pay up to almost £700 until the new year. So I think I’ll go forward to book paid jobs while I make sure I refuse to pay anymore photos with them as they understand my financial situation. They did say that you are not obliged to do so. Guys, just learn to say no as paying for more photos should just be optional (other than a portfolio). Not that I booked any work yet until I get my portfolio in the new year so let’s see what happens. And yes I did pay for my modelling shoots before but that was 3 years ago. Hence why I feel I needed to update my portfolio.

the "studio assessor" in this case Sharne has provided a very own manager that is supposed to book you with as much castings but has so far got none so I am trying to report all of this.. I am going to use this page as evidence!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending