The Student Room Group

GCSE 2020 helppppp

hey guys i have literally just started revising for my gcses and i am screwed plzz help me cause i found out that ppl start revising in yr 9. My mocks are in january but idk wht to do im acc stressed out even though my predicted grades are 7-9. plzz help me out guyssss
First step: Calm your mind. Its not too late.

Yes, some people have been revising from the beginning but if you approach this systematically and make the most of your time, you can still do well even in your mocks in January. If your predicted grades are 7-9 then you must have retained some knowledge of your courses. May I ask what options you picked and whether you have regular unit tests at school? Also what are your predicted grades based on?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by samsam78910
First step: Calm your mind. Its not too late.

Yes, some people have been revising from the beginning but if you approach this systematically and make the most of your time, you can still do well even in your mocks in January. If your predicted grades are 7-9 then you must have retained some knowledge of your courses. May I ask what options you picked and whether you have regular unit tests at school? Also what are your predicted grades based on?

heyy
i picked triple science, maths, eng lit,eng lang, hist, comp sci, bus, design tech, spanish
and yes we do have unit tests
Original post by Alainaxxx
heyy
i picked triple science, maths, eng lit,eng lang, hist, comp sci, bus, design tech, spanish
and yes we do have unit tests

Okay cool. So you revised for the unit tests?
(I did comp sci too 🎉)
Reply 4
Okay cool. So you revised for the unit tests?
(I did comp sci too 🎉)

yh i did
wht yr r u in
and btw if u can, plzz send me some revision notess that would be helpful
im doing aqa for comp and dt and edexel for the rest
yh i did
wht yr r u in
and btw if u can, plzz send me some revision notess that would be helpful
im doing aqa for comp and dt and edexel for the rest

I'm in year 13 😱
I did OCR comp sci.
I would have given you my maths notes but I stupidly lost them 😭
I loved those notes as well 😭

What I did for maths, is just put the stuff that I never remember down on an A4 piece of paper because there are some skills that you will always remember without revising (like algebraic fractions, basic geometry) and there are some that you just seem to forget. By putting the stuff you always forget down, you'll end up knowing it well whilst also having less notes to look over.
This makes it seem less daunting.
Doesn't work for everyone, but it worked for me 🙃

(You do Edexcel English?)
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 6
I'm in year 13 😱
I did OCR comp sci.
I would have given you my maths notes but I stupidly lost them 😭
I loved those notes as well 😭

What I did for maths, is just put the stuff that I never remember down on an A4 piece of paper because there are some skills that you will always remember without revising (like algebraic fractions, basic geometry) and there are some that you just seem to forget. By putting the stuff you always forget down, you'll end up knowing it well whilst also having less notes to look over.
This makes it seem less daunting.
Doesn't work for everyone, but it worked for me 🙃

(You do Edexcel English?)

yes i do edexel eng
by any chance do uk any1 or any websites that can provide me with level 9 notes
yes i do edexel eng
by any chance do uk any1 or any websites that can provide me with level 9 notes

I didn't do Edexcel, I did AQA and so we probably did different texts. I don't know anyone who did Edexcel either.
Sorry 😅
I didn't do Edexcel, I did AQA and so we probably did different texts. I don't know anyone who did Edexcel either.
Sorry 😅

I do aqa English lit, do you know of any good resources that I could use to improve from a 6 to a grade 8/9 ?
Original post by Emily~3695
I do aqa English lit, do you know of any good resources that I could use to improve from a 6 to a grade 8/9 ?

Sparknotes maybe?
My teacher was my resource so I don't know 😊
Sparknotes maybe?
My teacher was my resource so I don't know 😊

Ok thanks 😊
Original post by Emily~3695

use Mr Bruff on YouTube , his vids are amazing got me from a 3 in the mocks to a 7 in the real thing
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by USER4576
use Mr Bruff on YouTube , his vids are amazing got me from a 3 in the mocks to a 7 in the real thing

Wow really that’s amazing I will definitely check his videos out, thanks 😊

Quick Reply

Latest