The Student Room Group

Swansea A101 2020 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cptkitty
I just received an email from them, they had a mix up with my MRes details and transcript and I should receive my invite today!!! Aimes20 I hope they sort it out for you as well x

Amazing. That's great news. I didn't complete high school in the UK so they've had trouble confirming GCSE equivalence. Can hopefully be sorted soon.
(edited 4 years ago)
I just received an email from them, they had a mix up with my MRes details and transcript and I should receive my invite today!!! Aimes20 I hope they sort it out for you as well x

Fab, glad to hear you're sorted! :smile:
Does anyone have any resources they could recommend for interview prep since swansea don't use MMI? Also does anyone have any details as to what the essay section consists of? Thanks!
Original post by TheOneAmr
Does anyone have any resources they could recommend for interview prep since swansea don't use MMI? Also does anyone have any details as to what the essay section consists of? Thanks!

Are you talking about the written exercise? Because there's quite a few websites saying that it's similar to a Situational Judgement test.
Original post by childishemilio
Are you talking about the written exercise? Because there's quite a few websites saying that it's similar to a Situational Judgement test.

Dreading that, bombed the SJT in ucat :/ I’m trying to read the good medical practice guide to see if it helps
Dreading that, bombed the SJT in ucat :/ I’m trying to read the good medical practice guide to see if it helps

When I was applying for a HCA job the trust makes everyone interested in applying complete a values assessment. I'm hoping that it's similar to that.
Original post by childishemilio

Yes that's right. Ah thanks, the SJT in UCAT was obviously multiple choice, I did well in that but I wonder how that will translate into independent writing.
Hey guys, congrats on anyone with interviews! I look forward to possibly seeing some of you (depending on whether I'm interviewing/ambassadoring or not). I've seen some speculation as to the written portion of the interview. It's something that seems daunting but should be very doable with a little bit of logical reasoning and some rudimentary knowledge of ethics. Just, please make sure you put effort into it, it does form a part of your score and should be treated as seriously as your interviews.
Original post by MyGEMJourney
Wait list for me, so happy as I was expecting a straight rejection :smile:

What was your GAMSAT score if you don't mind me asking? What do you think the chances of them calling upon the wait list? (I'm on the waitlist too)
Original post by Sapje321
Hey guys, congrats on anyone with interviews! I look forward to possibly seeing some of you (depending on whether I'm interviewing/ambassadoring or not). I've seen some speculation as to the written portion of the interview. It's something that seems daunting but should be very doable with a little bit of logical reasoning and some rudimentary knowledge of ethics. Just, please make sure you put effort into it, it does form a part of your score and should be treated as seriously as your interviews.

would you mind letting us know what it actually consists of in terms of format? Is it an essay or a bunch of questions?
Reply 90
Original post by Sapje321

Hi 👋 I’m on the waiting list too. What do you think the chances are for us peeps on waiting list to be called upon for an interview ? I don’t know if I should prepare for an interview or crack on with GAMSAT prep for the March sitting.
Original post by GEM112
Hi 👋 I’m on the waiting list too. What do you think the chances are for us peeps on waiting list to be called upon for an interview ? I don’t know if I should prepare for an interview or crack on with GAMSAT prep for the March sitting.

I was thinking exactly the same. What was your score? I got 54 so feel that’s on the lower end of the wait list. March sitting for me probably!
I'm on the waiting list with 54 too :smile:
Reply 93
Original post by RedStar24
I was thinking exactly the same. What was your score? I got 54 so feel that’s on the lower end of the wait list. March sitting for me probably!

Ditto 54 are u a welsh applicant ?
Reply 94
Original post by GEM112

Ps - don’t loose hope just yet !
Original post by GEM112

Yes, Welsh through and through! Does that make a difference? Does anyone know if applying to GEM through Welsh would lower the cut off at all?
Reply 96
Yes, Welsh through and through! Does that make a difference? Does anyone know if applying to GEM through Welsh would lower the cut off at all?

I’m a welsh applicant too. Yes, If I’m not mistaken I think the cut off for welsh applicants applying to Wales, “Swansea” ( don’t know about Cardiff) is lower than the normal cut off.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 97
Any international students ??
Reply 98
Original post by GEM112

Hello,
Last year i made the mistake of allowing people to untick themselves off the waiting list when they were called in to an interview. But everyone on TSR who reported being on the waiting list ended up with an interview. This is in part due to people who were not on the waiting list pulling out once they have received offers from other universities.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by 548
Hello,
Last year i made the mistake of allowing people to untick themselves off the waiting list when they were called in to an interview. But everyone on TSR who reported being on the waiting list ended up with an interview. This is in part due to people who were not on the waiting list pulling out once they have received offers from other universities.

Thanks for sharing. Hopefully enough people will choose other Universities to make way for us waitlisters 🤞🏼

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending