The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I honestly don't care what these psychos with licences called doctors and scientists say.

That's straight up nasty, the end.
"Body Positive, the New Zealand Aids Foundation and Positive Women Inc hope the project will educate the public about transmission of HIV, and reduce stigma for those who have the illness."

The public:

Original post by Bang Outta Order
I honestly don't care what these psychos with licences called doctors and scientists say.

Sums up society.
See, when they say they ‘cant’ they actually mean ‘the chance that they can is very small’. This is true for almost all things. And, by Murphy’s Law, if it can happen, it will, given time.
Original post by ozzyoscy
"Body Positive, the New Zealand Aids Foundation and Positive Women Inc hope the project will educate the public about transmission of HIV, and reduce stigma for those who have the illness."

The public:

Sums up society.

Yep. Because I'm NOT RISKING HIV for this BODY POSITIVITY crap. That is absolutely...insane.
Original post by ARealNowhereMan
See, when they say they ‘cant’ they actually mean ‘the chance that they can is very small’. This is true for almost all things. And, by Murphy’s Law, if it can happen, it will, given time.

That's a very disgusting and dangerous game of Russian roulette.
Yep. Because I'm NOT RISKING HIV for this BODY POSITIVITY crap. That is absolutely...insane.

What are your qualifications and experience in the area of HIV?

:rolleyes: and what are yours? Why don't you go and blatantly get inseminated with HIV. Let's see how quickly you fall off that high horse.
:rolleyes: and what are yours? Why don't you go and blatantly get inseminated with HIV. Let's see how quickly you fall off that high horse.

:rolleyes: The same as yours.
:rolleyes: Which are not the same as these people.
:rolleyes: But of course, this is the internet, and you spend every day on internet forums, so you're smarter and more qualified than everyone else.
Insert more comfort emojis.
:rolleyes: The same as yours.

Uh huh. Then that means we are both entitled to our opinions. And yours is no more ultimate than mine. And MY opinion (and many others damn sure) is that this is plain outrageous. You don't have to agree. I don't care!? I'm not gonna do this back and forth with you.
tsr would defend this
you know the reason
state of this clown world
Uh huh. Then that means we are both entitled to our opinions. And yours is no more ultimate than mine. And MY opinion (and many others damn sure) is that this is plain outrageous. You don't have to agree. I don't care!? I'm not gonna do this back and forth with you.

Yes, I'm entitled to my opinion, and I have every right to post. Deal with it.

That you lose all confidence in yourself and your opinion as soon as someone disagrees with it isn't going to make people accept it more.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 12

Children spend years having it drummed into them to practice safe sex so as not to get some grotty disease such as this and then they open a dedicated sperm bank to turkey baste the damn thing into you? Whether or not the chances of contracting the disease are minuscule would seem rather beside the point. Who in their right mind would ever want to even look at said risk?
Original post by Napp
Children spend years having it drummed into them to practice safe sex so as not to get some grotty disease such as this and then they open a dedicated sperm bank to turkey baste the damn thing into you? Whether or not the chances of contracting the disease are minuscule would seem rather beside the point. Who in their right mind would ever want to even look at said risk?

You know how bad sex education is? Do you even know that you could have unprotected sex with someone who's HIV positive once, 5 times, 100, and not get HIV?

That's just one thing you (and I) didn't know, certainly wasn't taught. Never mind all the other stuff 'drummed into us' and 'taught' in school that turned out to be inaccurate. How much do you and I really know in detail about this sort of thing? How many years have you worked in the area of HIV? How high do your qualifications in medicine and / or biology even go?

Think like a modest normal person rather than an omniscient internet warrior. Is Occam's Razor REALLY that these people are complete morons that have set up a death trap with no consideration for others nor their own personal and professional futures, never mind all the logistics and red tape morons higher up that have okayed this, and you and this guy are geniuses who can see it? Imagine some random nobody ridiculing your decision in your area of expertise, based on nothing. Bet you wouldn't accept it then!

If this is how you react to new info, you'll never learn. Just nod your head and go "huh, I thought that was dangerous, let me read and learn a bit why this has come to pass..."
(edited 4 years ago)

I used to work in the HIV unit at a big hospital in London. I also did drug trials back in the 90s on HIV/AIDS.

If your viral load is undetectable you cannot catch the virus through unprotected sex. The drugs these days are so good.

I think you are missing the point of the article and the reason behind it.

HIV is now a life long disease like diabetes. Treatment means your life expectancy is just the same as anyone else. The sperm bank idea normalises these people. Why shouldn't they donate just like anyone else.

Most people with HIV got the virus by accident and yet get judged by people like you for the rest of their lives
Reply 15
You know how bad sex education is? Do you even know that you could have unprotected sex with someone who's HIV positive once, 5 times, 100, and not get HIV?

That's just one thing you (and I) didn't know, certainly wasn't taught. Never mind all the other stuff 'drummed into us' and 'taught' in school that turned out to be inaccurate. How much do you and I really know in detail about this sort of thing? How many years have you worked in the area of HIV? How high do your qualifications in medicine and / or biology even go?

Think like a modest normal person rather than an omniscient internet warrior. Is Occam's Razor REALLY that these people are complete morons that have set up a death trap with no consideration for others nor their own personal and professional futures, never mind all the logistics and red tape morons higher up that have okayed this, and you and this guy are geniuses who can see it? Imagine some random nobody ridiculing your decision in your area of expertise, based on nothing. Bet you wouldn't accept it then!

If this is how you react to new info, you'll never learn. Just nod your head and go "huh, I thought that was dangerous, let me read and learn a bit why this has come to pass..."

Do you want to attempt that again without the needless insults? although i guess it rather speaks to you argument if the best you can muster is calling everyone who disagrees with your opinion 'internet warriors' and insinuating that they're morons. Irony abounds on the latter charge...

You’re view of this story is completely lacking of knowledge. If you read the story you’d read that the patients viral load is completely undetectable. Now in HIV medicine, an undetectable viral load is completely untrabnsmittable which is where the term U=U comes from. So there’s no chance of a mother either getting HIV or the baby.

I’d suggest you read the article before posting next time!!
Original post by Napp
Do you want to attempt that again without the needless insults? although i guess it rather speaks to you argument if the best you can muster is calling everyone who disagrees with your opinion 'internet warriors' and insinuating that they're morons. Irony abounds on the latter charge...

Ah so you've seen how I reply to people in the past (wild guess: you) who resort to insults and are now exactly quoting my responses and using it against me. That's not creepy at all...

Difference between you and I is that I never need insults nor have interest in "arguments". As shown here, I'm not omniscient and accept others know things I don't, rather than take it as an insult to my 'genius'. But you needed to resort to mimicry (regardless of context and if it even works) and avoiding what I said, so already through your actions I'm aware that you feel I've corrected you or informed you. God forbid.

See what happens when you decide to go down the internet warrior road? Never works. Did warn ya...
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 18
Ah so you've seen how I reply to people in the past (wild guess: you) who resort to insults and are now exactly quoting my responses and using it against me. That's not creepy at all...

Kiddo i havent a clue who you are :lol:

Difference between you and I is that I never need insults nor have interest in "arguments". As shown here, I'm not omniscient and accept others know things I don't, rather than take it as an insult to my 'genius'. But you needed to resort to mimicry (regardless of context and if it even works) and avoiding what I said, so already through your actions I'm aware that you feel I've corrected you or informed you. God forbid.

Uhuh...

See what happens when you decide to go down the internet warrior road? Never works. Did warn ya...

I'm not entirely certain you actually know what that means.
Everyone calm down. And answer me this:
Would you sleep with someone who has HIV or inject sperm from someone who has it?!

Latest

Trending

Trending