The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

i am applying next month ( fingers crossed) and I hope to hear some good news as well. haha. i wish you the best and I am sure you will go to great places! best of luck!
Original post by wannabegenius01
i am applying next month ( fingers crossed) and I hope to hear some good news as well. haha. i wish you the best and I am sure you will go to great places! best of luck!

Thank you!!! And you as well! Update the chat on how it all goes!! Best of luck!!!
Original post by yoli1998
Hey guys! I woke up to an offer this morning! requires an upper 2.1. I thought it would take a lot longer for them to get back to me because I accidentally uploaded the wrong academic transcript (an unofficial one available to me as a student whereas they wanted an official one directly from my uni) but that was Thursday and I got that email at 2am this morning!!! Best of luck everyone!!

Such great news! Congratulations! :h:
Original post by Figaro42
Such great news! Congratulations! :h:

Thank you and you too!!!
Reply 44
Hi everyone! I'am an international student and I've already applied for Msc Archaeological Science: Technology and Materials. My second reference was submitted last Tuesday so I hope to hear back before Christmas although I know it can take a little bit longer. Best of luck to your applications and congratulations to all the offer holders!
Reply 45
Hey guys, anyone applying for the IMESS programme?
Reply 46
Hi!
I'm from Peru, and I've applied to the Environment, Politics and Society Msc. My references got in November 13th, and I thought it would take 8 weeks for a reply, but after reading the thread it seems 2 weeks seems to be standard? It just makes me more nervous.
Anybody else applying for the same program? How do I know if the applications are competitive for my program?

thank you, and good luck to everyone!
Hey guys!
I am an international applicant from Austria. I am actually quite nervous already as the application process in the UK is SO different, compared to Austria. I am currently working on finishing my personal statements which is a bit of a challenge haha there is so much to consider! I will apply in mid-december and I am really hoping to get in :smile:

- Current University: University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna
- Achieved (Expected) Grade: 2 (good), which is equivalent to a 2:1 in the UK
- Prospective Course: Organic Chemistry: Drug Discovery
- Prospective College: UCL
- Fun fact/extracurricular activities: I am writing for an online science blog, which I really enjoy. I worked in the institute of Organic Chemistry in the summer, where I also completed my bachelor's thesis. Last year, I worked in the analytical chemistry team of a big biotech company for two months.

Also, congratulations to anyone who already got an offer and good luck to everyone who is also applying!
Reply 48
OMG!!!! My status has changed to "Currently being processed by Admissions"! I'll have to wait until midnight to find out if I've been accepted or not. Fingers crossed!
Reply 49
Original post by Ayla14
OMG!!!! My status has changed to "Currently being processed by Admissions"! I'll have to wait until midnight to find out if I've been accepted or not. Fingers crossed!

Good luck!!
Reply 50
Original post by allb17
Good luck!!

Thank you so much! I'm so nervous right now!
Just got accepted to the MA Transnational Studies today :smile:

Anyone else applying to/accepted to the same program?
Reply 52
Good morning everyone!
I've been accepted to MSc: Archaeological Science : Technology and Materials!!!! I checked it at midnight! I'm over the moon right now! However, I'll have to wait until January to make a decision (I don't have a deadline to respond to the offer) as I also applied to another British university and I'll hear by them after Christmas 🤞 Good luck to everyone and congratulations to all the offer holders!
Original post by Ayla14
Good morning everyone!
I've been accepted to MSc: Archaeological Science : Technology and Materials!!!! I checked it at midnight! I'm over the moon right now! However, I'll have to wait until January to make a decision (I don't have a deadline to respond to the offer) as I also applied to another British university and I'll hear by them after Christmas 🤞 Good luck to everyone and congratulations to all the offer holders!

Congratulations! :h:
Reply 54
Original post by Figaro42
Congratulations! :h:

Thank you so much! Best of luck! 🍀🤞
Reply 55
Hi guys, is anyone here got an offer from engineering programme. I am an internaltional applicant from Thailand and have been wait for almost 4 weeks now, nothing changes on my status. I am a bit nervous and start to worry since others got their offer wothin approximately 2 weeks.

Ps.Congrats to those who got the offer! And good luck to others who waiting like me🙂
Original post by allb17
Hello! I haven't found a 2020 Graduate thread, so I thought it will be nice to start one.

Ice breaker information to get the ball rolling:

- Current University:
- Achieved (Expected) Grade:
- Prospective Course:
- Prospective College:
- Fun fact/extracurricular activities:

I am applying to the MSc in Economics. Anyone else applying for the same course?

Good luck everyone!

Hi i am currently applying for msc in clinical pharmacy and have submitted my full app 2 weeks ago and wait dor the best result. Goodluck everyone !
- Current University: UWE, Robotics BEng
- Achieved (Expected) Grade: First class
- Prospective Course: Engineering with Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Fun fact/extracurricular activities: International swimming background, worked on a few start-ups whilst at uni

I applied today, both of my references have written something for me already! Will post an update if my application status changes :smile:

Has anyone else applied for this course?
Reply 58
Original post by Ayla14
Good morning everyone!

Firstly, congrats to you!! I know UCL has an amazing reputation for Archeology so I am so happy for you!

I was wondering, why did you wait until midnight? Does it say they will update the status at midnight? Because I haven't received and email but I just checked my status and it changed to "currently being reviewed by admissions" so I was wondering if that means I'll get a decision by midnight, such as you did?
Reply 59
Original post by Marsann
Firstly, congrats to you!! I know UCL has an amazing reputation for Archeology so I am so happy for you!

I was wondering, why did you wait until midnight? Does it say they will update the status at midnight? Because I haven't received and email but I just checked my status and it changed to "currently being reviewed by admissions" so I was wondering if that means I'll get a decision by midnight, such as you did?

Yes, you will find out the outcome of your application at midnight (UK)! I didn't receive an email before finding out I was accepted but I was sent one around an hour later (1am). I really hope it will be an acceptance! Fingers crossed! 🤞

Latest

Trending

Trending