The Student Room Group

Eczema Flare up

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
oooohhhh, how long does it take to disappear?

I think around a week or two, this is a wild guess, I never really counted how long. but I don't think it was too long.
Original post by Leviathan1611
I think around a week or two, this is a wild guess, I never really counted how long. but I don't think it was too long.

oh ok, one last question sorry! When you mean rashes, do you mean red, dry and itchy skinthat has come as a result of a flare up
oh ok, one last question sorry! When you mean rashes, do you mean red, dry and itchy skinthat has come as a result of a flare up

yeah, I don't know whether it's red cuz I'm black so I can't really tell but probably.
Original post by Leviathan1611
yeah, I don't know whether it's red cuz I'm black so I can't really tell but probably.

oh ok thx for your help!:smile:
Reply 24
thx, how often do you get flare up

It varies as I have allergic eczema so something can trigger it. I have to be careful wearing jewellery and watches, but I even reacted badly to the metal frames of new glasses and looked like a racoon for a fortnight, so I can sympathise with it on the face! Also allergic to sticking plasters anywhere but my fingers and have one arm that was red for a few months, but again washing with mild shower gel and using a cream meant it didn't itch much, just looked unsightly.

Just be careful and don't mix steroid creams and other creams as you don't know how your skin will react.
Original post by Surnia
It varies as I have allergic eczema so something can trigger it. I have to be careful wearing jewellery and watches, but I even reacted badly to the metal frames of new glasses and looked like a racoon for a fortnight, so I can sympathise with it on the face! Also allergic to sticking plasters anywhere but my fingers and have one arm that was red for a few months, but again washing with mild shower gel and using a cream meant it didn't itch much, just looked unsightly.

Just be careful and don't mix steroid creams and other creams as you don't know how your skin will react.

thx good luck!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest