The Student Room Group

General election 2019: Row over Boris Johnson debate 'empty chair'

More 'snowflakery' for CCHQ and displaying a remarkable humour malfunction after their series of recent stunts, not least of all their 'fact checker' twitter handle.

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-2019-50596192
made Me chuckle.

The best one was when Have I got news for you replaced Roy Hattersley with the tub of lard.
Reply 2
Original post by Andrew97
made Me chuckle.

The best one was when Have I got news for you replaced Roy Hattersley with the tub of lard.

Ahh i had to look up that episode, it having been a wee while and all that, top notch on their part though.
From an objective perspective, hats off to the tories. They engineered a massive distracting row which completely overshadowed the actual debate, avoided having to talk about their own record on the issue, and whipped up their most loyal supporters into anger at the media.

But I personally would prefer leaders who actually care about the biggest issue of our time and take serious steps to deal with it, rather than crafting a massive public row to distract from their hopeless ineptitude while launching a worrying attack on the media.

It’s hard to deny that, whatever you think of the Tories, they’ve run a pretty good campaign, especially when compared with the Lib Dem’s, Labour and Brexit party. Hopefully if nothing else this will prove to be a valuable lesson on the importance of trained professionals running campaigns rather than naive ideologues.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending