The Student Room Group

Official History of Art Applicants Thread 2020

Are you applying to study History of Art at University this year?
Well this is the place for you!
:party:

Post below with details about your...

Specific Course:
Universities you're applying to:
A level / IB / Higher grades:
GCSE grades:
Favourite Artist?

Share as much detail as you're comfortable with.

You may also want to have a look at this HUGE LIST of other applicants threads for all the universities you're applying to as well as potential other courses if you're a joint honours student.:woo:

Scroll to see replies

hi :smile:
i’ve applied for the following:
York - history of art with a year abroad
Leeds, Bristol, Nottingham, Liverpool John Moores for history of art

York is my dream dream dreammmm university so i’m praying i can get in, working my head off right now to get the grades.

I am predicted an A in philosophy, B in art and B in sociology.
Also doing the EPQ!
gcse grades: 8,8,8,8,7,B,4,33,2.
(i failed maths and science, still retaking maths with no hope)
My favourite artist by far is Egon Schiele! I love his work and have been lucky enough to see a couple of paintings at the ashmolean this year.

Super anxious about everything so would love to chat to anyone in similar positions!
Original post by 04MR17

Are you applying to study History of Art at University this year?
Well this is the place for you!
:party:

Post below with details about your...

Specific Course:
Universities you're applying to:
A level / IB / Higher grades:
GCSE grades:
Favourite Artist?

Share as much detail as you're comfortable with.

You may also want to have a look at this HUGE LIST of other applicants threads for all the universities you're applying to as well as potential other courses if you're a joint honours student.:woo:
Reply 2
Original post by emelia150
hi :smile:
i’ve applied for the following:
York - history of art with a year abroad
Leeds, Bristol, Nottingham, Liverpool John Moores for history of art

York is my dream dream dreammmm university so i’m praying i can get in, working my head off right now to get the grades.

I am predicted an A in philosophy, B in art and B in sociology.
Also doing the EPQ!
gcse grades: 8,8,8,8,7,B,4,33,2.
(i failed maths and science, still retaking maths with no hope)
My favourite artist by far is Egon Schiele! I love his work and have been lucky enough to see a couple of paintings at the ashmolean this year.

Super anxious about everything so would love to chat to anyone in similar positions!

Hi! I also applied to York and Leeds, hope you get your offers!
applying to: Cambridge (pembroke college), the Courtauld, St. Andrews, UCL and York

A level grades: already got A for maths, and the predicts are A* in history and economics, A/A* in physics (my physics teacher refuses to tell me which one it is)
I submitted my application in early october before the oxbridge deadline, and i ready got offers from york and ucl, with conditions of AB and AA respectively.
My dream school is probably the courtauld, as cambridge is not very likely to offer me a place.....
as an international student i also had to take IELTS, for which i got an 8 overall.
Reply 4
Applying to: History of Art at The Courtauld, Warwick, York and Leeds, and Spanish and History of Art (joint honours) at UCL
A-level predicted: AAA in History, Art and Spanish
GCSEs: 9 9 8 8 A* A* A* A* A* A A

Got offers back from everywhere apart from Courtauld, would love to hear if anyone else has offers and are planning to go to any of these unis, and if anyone knows when Courtauld might be likely to make decisions!
Original post by almt
Applying to: History of Art at The Courtauld, Warwick, York and Leeds, and Spanish and History of Art (joint honours) at UCL

Got offers back from everywhere apart from Courtauld, would love to hear if anyone else has offers and are planning to go to any of these unis, and if anyone knows when Courtauld might be likely to make decisions!

wow those are super impressive grades :frown: i am very very jealous. congrats on ur offers!!! amazing
I'm applying for quite a few different course combinations, so here goes!

I applied on 15/11/19.

Courses/Universities
In alphabetical order:
Birmingham (Anthropology and African Studies), Exeter (Archaeology and Anthropology), SOAS (History of Art/Archaeology and Social Anthropology), UCL (Archaeology and Anthropology), UEA (Archaeology, Anthropology and Art History).

Predicted grades: A Biology, D3 (A) History of Art, M2 (B) French.

GCSE grades: 99888887A

Extra-curricular: Co-curated the British Museum Summer Programme for people aged 16-21.

My favourite artist is Harmonia Rosales.
(edited 4 years ago)
I'm doing Spanish, English and Art History (Pre U), predicted A*AA. I've applied for St Andrews, Edinburgh, Courtauld, Bristol and Brighton. I got a CC offer from Brighton to study History of Art and Design, and AAB from Bristol to do History of Art and Italian. I'd love to go to Edinburgh or SA most to study History of Art and Italian but haven't had any offers yet!

Good luck to everyone :smile:
Applied to three places (Nottingham, Glasgow, Edinburgh) for History and History of Art and to the Courtauld for History of Art. Predicted A*,A*,A, pretty mediocre GCSEs. Had offers from Nottingham, Glasgow and the Courtauld. Favourite artist is Louis Ducros.
Reply 9
Original post by alecriell
Applied to three places (Nottingham, Glasgow, Edinburgh) for History and History of Art and to the Courtauld for History of Art. Predicted A*,A*,A, pretty mediocre GCSEs. Had offers from Nottingham, Glasgow and the Courtauld. Favourite artist is Louis Ducros.

An offer from Courtauld this early is amazing! When did you apply?
Original post by almt
An offer from Courtauld this early is amazing! When did you apply?

Thank you! I applied around the 20th if September.
Original post by almt

Hey,

So I'm in my first year at the Courtauld, and for a lot of people I've spoken to, the Courtauld was their last offer. I applied around early December, and only received anything back at almost the last minute.
They take a while, I wouldn't stress!
Reply 12
hey :smile:Applied to: St Andrews (history of art and management), UCL, Edinburgh, Courtauld, Birmingham (all for history of art in order of preference) I applied last week and received an offer from Birmingham :smile:)IB: predicted 38 with 666 HLIGCSE: all A's Favourite artist is Edward Hopper
Original post by almt

hey, what offers and grades did you get from york and leeds if you don’t mind me asking? :smile: x
Reply 14
Original post by emelia150
hey, what offers and grades did you get from york and leeds if you don’t mind me asking? :smile: x

No problem, both were conditional aab
Just got an offer to study at St Andrews! conditional - AAA. wondering if anyone else applied?
Reply 16
Original post by millie.qrace
Just got an offer to study at St Andrews! conditional - AAA. wondering if anyone else applied?

I applied for it with management as well. What are your predicteds and are you a UK resident ?
Original post by delph01
I applied for it with management as well. What are your predicteds and are you a UK resident ?

i'm a uk resident so i qualify as RUK. my predicted grades are A*AA so hopefully i make it!!!
Did you do an interview at Leeds?
Reply 19
Original post by Essexbrown
Did you do an interview at Leeds?

I was initially asked to interview (all HoA applicants are) but I’m overseas (not international) so explained that this wouldn’t be easy for me and they kindly gave me an offer without an interview

Latest

Trending

Trending