The Student Room Group

I try to be passionate but sometimes I loose motivation.

I always try to be optimistic in life but sometimes I get sad , and don't find any motivation in life. I sleep all night still I feel tired all the time. I have aches all over my body whereas I'm just seveteen. I feel like living no more life.
Original post by amenhh
I always try to be optimistic in life but sometimes I get sad , and don't find any motivation in life. I sleep all night still I feel tired all the time. I have aches all over my body whereas I'm just seveteen. I feel like living no more life.

Hey, first of all you're not alone, I've been there, I'm still there, and it's hard but it always gets better, and if it still technically doesn't your perspective tends to change over time and it becomes slightly more easy to deal with.
You say you're sleeping enough but still feel tired? I find that if I I've over slept, I feel more lethargic throughout the day than when I don't sleep enough, so look back to how much you slept the last time you felt ok, is it more or less? because I can't stress enough how much the amount of sleep you get affects your mood and how you feel.
But if it's not to do with your sleep, you might have some kind of vitamin or mineral deficiency, a few years ago I had a lot of what you're describing, never feeling fully rested,napping about ten times a day, aches and pains everywhere, so i went to see the gp, had a blood test and turns out I was very deficient in iron, so definitely consider that something similar could be making things worse for you as well.
Aside from all that, even though I'm not sure the context you mean this in, it's fine not to be optimistic, trying to make yourself feel happier when you feel like **** isn't gonna help you. Sure do things that cheer you up and make you feel better but if you're feeling sad it's absolutely fine, if you lack motivation it's fine, the more you embrace it and the more you accept that sometimes it's alright to feel miserable the easier it's gonna get, just do the things that bring you comfort when you're feeling down, like watching a film or eating your favourite foods, look after yourself.

Saying that, if you think that how you are feeling is having an affect on your life, and you're below normal levels of functionality, for example having trouble at school, finding it hard to do basic things like taking a shower, eating properly, or leaving the house, it would be wise to go see your gp, and explain how you feel, in order to get some professional help.
And last but not least! I'm here for a chat if you need one, talk to people, anyone, just don't suffer alone.
If things get really bad there are people you can call, Samaritans is free, confidential and 24/7
Take care x
Thank you for your wonderful reply under my thread. May you have a nice day.
I was reading somewhere that we don't actually need motivation as much we think we do. With motivation, I think one is relying on emotions and they are not the most reliable. So, instead of feeling like you need motivation to do well, rely on discipline. You have to do something, you will therefore do it. Motivation is needed but for short-term you also need discipline which you can use if feeling unmotivated. Does this make any sense?
Original post by Numb & Dumb
I was reading somewhere that we don't actually need motivation as much we think we do. With motivation, I think one is relying on emotions and they are not the most reliable. So, instead of feeling like you need motivation to do well, rely on discipline. You have to do something, you will therefore do it. Motivation is needed but for short-term you also need discipline which you can use if feeling unmotivated. Does this make any sense?

:smile: Yeh
Original post by amenhh
:smile: Yeh

I just read your post and this time actually read it. I assumed from the title the question was about motivation in terms of school/work. Sorry.

From your post alone, it isn't clear what your issues are/how severe. If they are severe (for instance, lack of motivation I think could be due to depression) then looking for professional help would be best.
In general, I will advise that it is normal to not be optimistic all the time (who can?). If you lack motivation, the only thing that has helped me in this area is "snapping" and just doing it. NOTHING else has so far helped me like just getting up on impulse and doing what I am procrastinating without much thought. Sometimes, over-thinking can be so damaging.

Why are you sleeping so much? Again I am pretty sure low-energy is another symptom of depression. I am not sue though and I really hope you to talk to your parents about this or someone close. :smile: Best of luck
I've literally forgotten how to enjoy life. I can't even match my classmates the way they're at school. I only try to find a place where I can stay alone. I don't know what I must do? My parents don't trust me that this is due to depression or what reason. I lack energy. I lack maybe optimism.
Original post by amenhh
I've literally forgotten how to enjoy life. I can't even match my classmates the way they're at school. I only try to find a place where I can stay alone. I don't know what I must do? My parents don't trust me that this is due to depression or what reason. I lack energy. I lack maybe optimism.

Do you know why you cannot find joy? Has something happened? Are you stressed? Are you eating well? Do you have any other illnesses which could be the cause of low-energy levels?
Do you know why you cannot find joy? Has something happened? Are you stressed? Are you eating well? Do you have any other illnesses which could be the cause of low-energy levels?

Thanks! :smile: I can settle myself in a small group I feel like it's hard for me to adjust myself in a large group. My class has thirteen students. Once I went through when someone bullied me through their words. I don't know maybe I think about it. That happened four years ago. Where I'm at now is fine. My classmates are okay. I feel like pressure inside my head when my sleep is disturbed. When my sleep is well I feel a better in a way my energy level is balanced. I don't really have any other illness. I once two years ago had conjuntival haemmorage.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by amenhh
Thanks! :smile: I can settle myself in a small group I feel like it's hard for me to adjust myself in a large group. My class has thirteen students. Once I went through when someone bullied me through their words. I don't know maybe I think about it. That happened four years ago. Where I'm at now is fine. My classmates are okay. I feel like pressure inside my head when my sleep is disturbed. When my sleep is well I feel a better in a way my energy level is balanced. I don't really have any other illness. I once two years ago had conjuntival haemmorage.

So, you are having sleep-related problems? I am not sure what you mean by "pressure inside my head" as I haven't experience anything of that nature or know much about it at all. When your sleep is better, your energy levels are better. So I am assuming sleep is the issue here. Do you know why your sleep might be poor at times? Again, please see your GP. :smile:
So, you are having sleep-related problems? I am not sure what you mean by "pressure inside my head" as I haven't experience anything of that nature or know much about it at all. When your sleep is better, your energy levels are better. So I am assuming sleep is the issue here. Do you know why your sleep might be poor at times? Again, please see your GP. :smile:

Yes I have to make sure my sleep is better because I currently do GCSEs and for that this seems like I've to sacrifice my sleep for it ! /:
Reply 11
it can be hard

take delight in the little things, it makes a difference
Visit your GP and have some blood tests. Might be a lack of some minerals, vitamins, anaemia or something else.

Quick Reply

Latest