The Student Room Group

Biomedical Sciences Offers 2020

Wondering if anyone has gotten any offers to study Biomedical Sciences at Uni for September 2020?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yas, I have offers from Nottingham Trent, Southampton, Northampton, Kent and I’m waiting for Warwick. Nottingham Trent is my firm. Where have you applied?
Reply 3
Original post by lucycharlotte12
Yas, I have offers from Nottingham Trent, Southampton, Northampton, Kent and I’m waiting for Warwick. Nottingham Trent is my firm. Where have you applied?

All London based unis, UCL, Kings and Imperial.
Original post by Munrhe
All London based unis, UCL, Kings and Imperial.

Fair enough that’ll be great. I would do London but I live close to it and I wanna go further away
Reply 5
Fair enough that’ll be great. I would do London but I live close to it and I wanna go further away

Fair enough. Good luck 🤞
Original post by Munrhe
Fair enough. Good luck 🤞

You too👍
Reply 7

hey, can i ask the time space between when you applied to NTU and when you got your offer? also is it conditional or unconditional? thank so much :smile:
Original post by aw03
hey, can i ask the time space between when you applied to NTU and when you got your offer? also is it conditional or unconditional? thank so much :smile:

I got my offer 2 days after applying!!( I was very surprised) And it’s conditional (BBB) unless I put as my firm choice and it’s defo my firm choice. I went to look at it today and it was amazing - the facilities were so good ( bio labs etc) and the support seems really good. No problem :smile:

Are you going to apply there/ have you?
Original post by studentchig101
Wondering if anyone has gotten any offers to study Biomedical Sciences at Uni for September 2020?

I applied on Wednesday and have an offer from UWE and Oxford Brookes atm, got UWE on the same day and Oxford yesterday. Just waiting for NTU, Birmingham City and Cardiff met
Reply 10
I got my offer 2 days after applying!!( I was very surprised) And it’s conditional (BBB) unless I put as my firm choice and it’s defo my firm choice. I went to look at it today and it was amazing - the facilities were so good ( bio labs etc) and the support seems really good. No problem :smile:

i applied there on Thursday. i've not visited the university because it was kind of a last minute choice and i decided to apply there maybe 2 days before i sent my application off. can i ask what your predicted & GCSE grades are? does Nottingham look modern or is it really historical looking? from what i've seen online it looks so ancient which is cool. also how far do you live from Nottingham & was travel expensive? thank you so much!!! and congratulations on getting in so quickly, your application must've been awesome!
Original post by aw03
i applied there on Thursday. i've not visited the university because it was kind of a last minute choice and i decided to apply there maybe 2 days before i sent my application off. can i ask what your predicted & GCSE grades are? does Nottingham look modern or is it really historical looking? from what i've seen online it looks so ancient which is cool. also how far do you live from Nottingham & was travel expensive? thank you so much!!! and congratulations on getting in so quickly, your application must've been awesome!

Yeah fair enough, that was similar to me - I chose mine at the last minute. My predicted are AAB and my GCSE range from 6s to 7s. The campus where Biomed is is quite modern and the lecture theatres look virtually new but I didn’t actually go to the other campus’s or city so yeah i’m sure they’re a bit older. I live in surrey so about a 2.5/3 hour drive which was a nice drive tbh - easy up the M1 and it was easy to find. I’m not sure if i’ll take my car or not. It’s £199 for a parking permit for the year and a student i spoke to said it is useful for doing weekly shop and obviously going home because petrol won’t be needed that often whereas my train ticket home would be £60 for a return😮 But then we saw another student who studies in the clifton campus but stayed on the city campus for accommodation as he said at the weekends the clifton campus is dead and then obviously you have to get a bus into city and one back later. And for biomed there are only 12 contact hours so it would make sense for me to live in the city and get a bus/ drive to my lectures at clifton campus so at weekends i’m next to shops cafes and more people you know. And back to the car ^ there’s no space to park in the city campus so i wouldn’t be able to bring my car.

Anyways that sorta sums it up and thanks, i’d like to hope so😂
Reply 12
Yeah fair enough, that was similar to me - I chose mine at the last minute. My predicted are AAB and my GCSE range from 6s to 7s. The campus where Biomed is is quite modern and the lecture theatres look virtually new but I didn’t actually go to the other campus’s or city so yeah i’m sure they’re a bit older. I live in surrey so about a 2.5/3 hour drive which was a nice drive tbh - easy up the M1 and it was easy to find. I’m not sure if i’ll take my car or not. It’s £199 for a parking permit for the year and a student i spoke to said it is useful for doing weekly shop and obviously going home because petrol won’t be needed that often whereas my train ticket home would be £60 for a return😮 But then we saw another student who studies in the clifton campus but stayed on the city campus for accommodation as he said at the weekends the clifton campus is dead and then obviously you have to get a bus into city and one back later. And for biomed there are only 12 contact hours so it would make sense for me to live in the city and get a bus/ drive to my lectures at clifton campus so at weekends i’m next to shops cafes and more people you know. And back to the car ^ there’s no space to park in the city campus so i wouldn’t be able to bring my car.

Anyways that sorta sums it up and thanks, i’d like to hope so😂

thanks so much, you've been a big help. was the IBMS accreditation something that drew you to NTU?
Reply 13
Original post by Tabithaaaxo
I applied on Wednesday and have an offer from UWE and Oxford Brookes atm, got UWE on the same day and Oxford yesterday. Just waiting for NTU, Birmingham City and Cardiff met

hi! UWE is my first choice but i haven't got an offer yet :frown: can i ask what your predicted grades, GCSEs and A Level subjects are? thank you!!
Original post by aw03
thanks so much, you've been a big help. was the IBMS accreditation something that drew you to NTU?

No problem at all, i’m ngl i’m very into planning ahead and doing my research lol. And definitely as it’s very hard to go into NHS afterwards if it’s not accredited. I actually rang up northampton and southampton to check how easy it was to get the degree assessed afterwards for accreditation and they said it may take up to 6 months to take the required additional modules/exams.
Yes! I applied last week and so far I've had offers from Kent, UEA, Cardiff and I have an interview next week for Manchester. Just waiting for a reply from Sheffield ahaha!!
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 16
just got an offer from UWE and Sussex :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
May I know which U for the offer? Many thanks

Reply 18
offers from Sussex (AAB, ABB if firmed), UWE (120 UCAS points), Plymouth (120 UCAS points), Lancaster (AAB, ABB if firmed. also got a letter about an interview for an unconditional offer) and Nottingham Trent (BBB, unconditional if firmed).

stuck between UWE and Lancaster but i’m warming up to Lancaster :smile:
Original post by aw03
offers from Sussex (AAB, ABB if firmed), UWE (120 UCAS points), Plymouth (120 UCAS points), Lancaster (AAB, ABB if firmed. also got a letter about an interview for an unconditional offer) and Nottingham Trent (BBB, unconditional if firmed).

stuck between UWE and Lancaster but i’m warming up to Lancaster :smile:

I am waiting for the reply of Lancaster too.
Why you would like to choose Lancaster ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending