The Student Room Group

How do I stop being so self conscious about myself ?

There is this guy in my sixth form that literally all the girls swoon over, I'd like to talk to him, if I ever had the courage to. The only problem is that I know I'm not conventionaly attractive like some of those girls. My body is hot or so I'm told by others, and I'm quite an Extrovert, but I just have an unattractive face, like everything about me is fine but my face. I don't have acne, scares, blemishes, oily skin or that its just having a less pleading face to look at. If you jnders what I mean.... On top of that I'm black and not many guys are into black girls. I'm just very insecure about the way I look and can't seem to talk to any guy I fancy as I know I'll just get flat rejected. How do I cope with the fact that I'm ugly ?
Reply 1
First of all understand that you can't be ugly due to the colour of your skin tone.

Secondly I'm afraid to be cliche and all but sincerely you can't expect someone to like you if you can't even like your own self without feedback from external sources. And I get it's not easy to love yourself if you're constantly told that' you're ordinary, you said you were an extrovert right? If so then just casually talk to the guy as if he were just another male friend and you know keep eye contact and just relax and if he likes you if not then so be it, someone else will like you. And being rejected isn't the end of the world because there will always be someone else so just suck it up, talk to him, flirt gently and smile, you never know he might like you.
Original post by Anonymous
There is this guy in my sixth form that literally all the girls swoon over, I'd like to talk to him, if I ever had the courage to. The only problem is that I know I'm not conventionaly attractive like some of those girls. My body is hot or so I'm told by others, and I'm quite an Extrovert, but I just have an unattractive face, like everything about me is fine but my face. I don't have acne, scares, blemishes, oily skin or that its just having a less pleading face to look at. If you jnders what I mean.... On top of that I'm black and not many guys are into black girls. I'm just very insecure about the way I look and can't seem to talk to any guy I fancy as I know I'll just get flat rejected. How do I cope with the fact that I'm ugly ?

Hey guys, help me out with dis :smile:use the code langsinn to get 10% off your order at TTTDEYE cool coloured contacts x

TTDEYE are having a HUGE 50% sale rn bb

I feel like coloured contacts make us look unique and beautiful, try it out, especially now since they're having a huge sale!

Quick Reply

Latest