The Student Room Group

London Bridge Cordoned After Reports of Gunfire

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fullofsurprises
Oh right. I haven't seen any real details of what he did exactly to get the original sentence.

Another quick query - if he was on a tag, would that mean he must have had some kind of permission from someone (probation?) to visit the Cambridge conference?

See my posting above for the details of his crimes.

I think he was an invitee as a model example of rehabilitation.

He is subject to a 30 year terrorist notification period.

He couldn't have been any more "on the radar" if he been strapped to the rotating thingy on the top of HMS Queen Elizabeth.
Lord Leveson, who let this hardened terrorist have a short prison sentence, will doubtless enjoy a splendid retirement on a very large gold-plated pension with few worries. Alas, the same cannot be said for the victims and their families, of this crazed killer that Leveson and his buddies on the Court of Appeal deemed suitable for a shorter sentence.
Original post by Blue_Cow
Absolutely.

I expect the IOPC will be investigating these brave officers for years to come, though....

The system of reviewing such incidents badly needs an overhaul, there needs to be an ability for a quick decision to be taken by someone like the Home Secretary that this is not a case suitable for endless dragged out investigations. I don't know how we can expect the police to protect us from these kinds of terror attacks otherwise.
Original post by nulli tertius
He couldn't have been any more "on the radar" if he been strapped to the rotating thingy on the top of HMS Queen Elizabeth.

Yet it seems to have had little or no effect. He was released without review by the parole board after a shortened sentence. He was tagged, but that was apparently not monitored and meant he could swan around C. London and a university conference with a fake bomb strapped to himself, which could have been a real one.

A simple website showing where all the tagged terrorists are currently located might be a helpful start. Then we, the public, would at least have some chance of steering clear, given that the 'authorities' appear to be helpless or overwhelmed by the sheer numbers.
Lord Leveson, who let this hardened terrorist have a short prison sentence, will doubtless enjoy a splendid retirement on a very large gold-plated pension with few worries. Alas, the same cannot be said for the victims and their families, of this crazed killer that Leveson and his buddies on the Court of Appeal deemed suitable for a shorter sentence.

Do you go a day without letting your far left agenda get in the way? We all know if corbyn was in power this Islamist terrorist wouldn't even be in prison. Lets not forget what he said about al baghdadi.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by indigo567
Do you go a day without getting your agenda in the way? We all know if corbyn was in power this Islamist terrorist wouldn't even be in prison. Lets not forget what he said about al baghdadi.

Not sure what you're getting at, I was pointing out that the Court of Appeal and Lord Leveson appear to have about as much judgement and common sense as a heroin-raddled experimental monkey. Is there some agenda you've detected there?

Why does every keep quoting the daily fail?
The system of reviewing such incidents badly needs an overhaul, there needs to be an ability for a quick decision to be taken by someone like the Home Secretary that this is not a case suitable for endless dragged out investigations. I don't know how we can expect the police to protect us from these kinds of terror attacks otherwise.

This is the erosion of the Coroner's Court. Whenever anyone is killed by the police, there has to be an inquest with a jury. Rather than spend months mounting an investigation, have a brief inquest next week. Does anyone seriously expect the jury to return any finding other than "lawfully killed"?
I know what you were getting at but you're trying to make this incredibly political and subtly blame the conservative party. I think deep down you know if corbyn was in power this islamist wouldn't even be in prison. He would be walking on our streets and abusing the welfare system.

I think in these moments you need to have some respect. I understand being a far left wing supporter must be exhausting especially since its come to light the terrorist was a islamist but there is a way to articulate your rage and this thread is certainly not the one. I think it was you who said criticising any islamic scripture equals a person to tommy robinson? what a funny game you play!

I never said the latter point, you are mistaking me for someone else.

If you think I'm a reflex Corbynista, you have the wrong person and haven't read many of my posts.
Original post by nulli tertius
This is the erosion of the Coroner's Court. Whenever anyone is killed by the police, there has to be an inquest with a jury. Rather than spend months mounting an investigation, have a brief inquest next week. Does anyone seriously expect the jury to return any finding other than "lawfully killed"?

It never seems to work rapidly in practise. We've had all these cases where anyone could see that police officers acted on behalf of the public and under huge pressures, yet they've dragged on for years. It's completely unreasonable to expect them to do that job and not have swift clearance. I think this is yet another situation where a combination of over-cossetted bureaucracy and lawyers are running the systems to their advantage.
Usman Khan, Islamist was a guest attending a meeting in London Bridge run by Cambridge University about Criminal Rehabilitation. He threatened to blow up the place.
No I'm absolutely not. Why do you feel its ok to to hide when you get called on such things? I think you should learn to shut your mouth if you have nothing pleasant to say.

Please identify the post where I said that. Oh wait, you won't be able to.
It was a while ago and I also messaged you about this same thing. Stop lying to yourself. Find a way to settle your nerves so sorry this terrorist turned out to be an Islamist and not a far right person! Timings are awful given the election is days away. Hang in there, commie.

I do recall having to block your PMs because you were being insulting.
Original post by Dunya
Interesting that the election just happens to be right around the corner.

Whats your point? The killers motives and identity have already come to light - Usman Khan, 28, Islamist
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7741163/The-Al-Qaeda-Islamist-fanatic-Stoke-caught-plotting-Mumbai-style-terror-attack-London.html
Usman Khan, Islamist was a guest attending a meeting in London Bridge run by Cambridge University about Criminal Rehabilitation. He threatened to blow up the place.

He is a fantastic example as to why terrorists should get the death penalty

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending