The Student Room Group

Barking to Milton Keynes train help!

So when I put in London to Milton Keynes on train line. It says: Barking to Euston London and then Euston to Milton Keynes. So 2 trains. But to get to Euston I need my oyster. But trainline charges for that. So what do i do about this? Do they give me a ticket which I use to swipe at barking to Euston and that trip is included in the fare or something?
Use Oyster to Euston, buy a separate ticket to Milton Keynes.
Just get a ticket from Euston to Milton Keys (insert Euston instead of Barking), and then make your own way to Euston
Original post by barnetlad
Use Oyster to Euston, buy a separate ticket to Milton Keynes.

But what happens if I buy the ticket which says Barkint to Euston and then from there to Milton Keynes?
You use Oyster from Barking assuming you have an Oyster card.
Original post by maddyjm02
Just get a ticket from Euston to Milton Keys (insert Euston instead of Barking), and then make your own way to Euston

Isnt it easier to buy a ticket from Barking to Milton Keynes instead? Why is that option given then?
Original post by ClayJensen817
But what happens if I buy the ticket which says Barkint to Euston and then from there to Milton Keynes?

Nothing happens you just lose money
Nothing happens you just lose money

Really? Wow 😂

Okay so it would cost me around 3 quid from Barking to Euston? And then from Euston to Milton Keynes its like 5 pounds. So thats good then...

And I get a barcode ticket on my phone which I scan at the gates there? How do I find which platform it is in Euston?
Really? Wow 😂

Okay so it would cost me around 3 quid from Barking to Euston? And then from Euston to Milton Keynes its like 5 pounds. So thats good then...

And I get a barcode ticket on my phone which I scan at the gates there? How do I find which platform it is in Euston?

you said you were gon use an oyster? if you don’t wanna use oyster just get both tickets then- just find on the sign the platform or look on the app
How do I find which platform it is in Euston?

- On the departure boards above the station concourse
- By asking a member of staff
- By checking Google Maps or the National Rail app/website
you said you were gon use an oyster? if you don’t wanna use oyster just get both tickets then- just find on the sign the platform or look on the app

My plan:

Top up Oyster and travel to Euston and then buy a ticket on trainline and use the barcode ticket they give me on my phone to scan and travel to Milton Keynes. Will this work?
Original post by Blue_Cow
- On the departure boards above the station concourse
- By asking a member of staff
- By checking Google Maps or the National Rail app/website

okay thank you!
My plan:

Top up Oyster and travel to Euston and then buy a ticket on trainline and use the barcode ticket they give me on my phone to scan and travel to Milton Keynes. Will this work?

yeah that’ll be fine, can always buy the ticket from Euston to Milton Keynes in advance don’t need to wait until you get to station
Buy a ticket online from Euston to Milton Keynes and you can collect it at Euston.

Also a side note, get the Hammersmith and City line from Barking to Euston Square. This is a much easier route than going to Euston directly and it's a 5 min walk from Euston Square to Euston.
Original post by Precious Illusions
Buy a ticket online from Euston to Milton Keynes and you can collect it at Euston.

Also a side note, get the Hammersmith and City line from Barking to Euston Square. This is a much easier route than going to Euston directly and it's a 5 min walk from Euston Square to Euston.

Wait what?? Now Im so confused!! There are 2 stations?!?!

So when I buy a ticket online I dont get a barcode thingy? I have to collect it at the station!??!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending