The Student Room Group

London Bridge news

Can someone please explain what actually happened because I’m seeing sooo many rumours and I just dk at this point

Scroll to see replies

Original post by S.A.M123
Can someone please explain what actually happened because I’m seeing sooo many rumours and I just dk at this point

There are plenty of news outlets running this story. You can read the articles from the less-sensationalised outlets and get a good picture

- Knife-wielding man in the London Bridge area
- Stabs members of the public on the bridge.
- Members of the public then fight back and attempt to stop the knife-wielding man
- City of London armed response arrives within five minutes and neutralise the knife-wielding man
- Metropolitan Police Assistant Commissioner Neil Basu confirms that they are treating this as a terrorist incident
- AC Neil Basu confirms that the knife-wielding terrorist was wearing a fake suicide vest
- Two people have been killed, including the knife-wielding terrorist

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/nov/29/london-bridge-police-shoot-stabbing-suspect-after-five-injured

https://www.ft.com/content/421bb4a8-5b84-3882-a1a2-0ef4216e5251

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50604781
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Blue_Cow
There are plenty of news outlets running this story. You can read the articles from the less-sensationalised outlets and get a good picture

- Knife-wielding man in the London Bridge area
- Stabs members of the public on the bridge.
- Members of the public then fight back and attempt to stop the knife-wielding man
- City of London armed response arrives within five minutes and neutralise the knife-wielding man
- Metropolitan Police Assistant Commissioner Neil Basu confirms that they are treating this as a terrorist incident
- AC Neil Basu confirms that the knife-wielding terrorist was wearing a fake suicide vest
- Two people have been killed, including the knife-wielding terrorist

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/nov/29/london-bridge-police-shoot-stabbing-suspect-after-five-injured

https://www.ft.com/content/421bb4a8-5b84-3882-a1a2-0ef4216e5251

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50604781

Funny how you left out the part that he was a convicted Islamist and was released early.
Original post by abcthe123
Funny how you left out the part that he was a convicted Islamist and was released early.

I am going through what happened, as the OP requested. Note that I have also included links to three relatively good sources, and not just providing my own summary.

There is nothing funny at all. I have no issue in saying this individual was a Jihadist/Islamist/A radical Islamic terrorist.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Blue_Cow
I am going through what happened, as the OP requested.

There is nothing funny at all. I have no issue in saying this individual was a Jihadist/Islamist/A radical Islamic terrorist.

Just seems like a pretty crucial piece of information in the event and strange to leave out.
Just seems like a pretty crucial piece of information in the event and strange to leave out.

You can assume that I am attempting to peddle an agenda all you want. Clearly I'm not going to persuade you that I have no agenda.

You can report my post as 'Not Constructive' and give a reason for the moderators to review.

wait so the person who did the killings was released early and one of the people who played hero to the victims was also a convict who was released early? man wtf??
Reply 7
Can someone explain why he was shot dead by the Police, after being disarmed and wrestled to the ground by a group of people?
Shocking... why did he get shot by the police if he was unarmed and neutralised?
Original post by z-hog
Can someone explain why he was shot dead by the Police, after being disarmed and wrestled to the ground by a group of people?

Original post by ClayJensen817
Shocking... why did he get shot by the police if he was unarmed and neutralised?

He was wearing a suicide vest ( which was a hoax) so the police did not want to take any chances. Good decision by them tbh
Reply 10
Original post by sachinisgod
He was wearing a suicide vest ( which was a hoax) so the police did not want to take any chances. Good decision by them tbh

Well, the hoaxy vest didn't stop members of the public from pouncing on him and disarming him. Then the cops turn up, tell everyone to get out of the way and shoot him dead. How do we know he was wearing a 'suicide vest', that's only in the news.
Reply 11
Original post by z-hog
Well, the hoaxy vest didn't stop members of the public from pouncing on him and disarming him. Then the cops turn up, tell everyone to get out of the way and shoot him dead. How do we know he was wearing a 'suicide vest', that's only in the news.

It sounds like you have sympathy for this terrorist. So if you were armed police and saw someone waving a gun around would you assume it was a real gun and shoot him or take your chances that it was not real. Same principle applies with these suicide vests. No way of knowing if there are explosives or not. Police have confirmed he was wearing a suicide style vest as does the video posted on the internet.
Original post by z-hog

why are you bothered that a convicted terrorist who was released early and kills people, was shot by the police (wearing a vest or not...) unless you sympathise with him and support his actions, thats a different story.

Exactly. The police can not afford to take any chances in situations like this.

No it wasnt. They killed a guy who was brainwashed!

Look at the people on the 9/11 attack.. one of them was an LSE grad. Why would he destroy his life and go kill people?? Makes sense????
No it wasnt. They killed a guy who was brainwashed!

Look at the people on the 9/11 attack.. one of them was an LSE grad. Why would he destroy his life and go kill people?? Makes sense????

Here come the excuses. Your comparison makes no sense.

This individual was part of a group plot to carry out coordinated terror attacks in London and was imprisoned.. and then released for him to free to carry out acts of terrors as he so wishes. Its islamic apologists like you that make me sick! What about the two people who he killed?? Did they deserve to die?
Here come the excuses. Your comparison makes no sense.

This individual was part of a group plot to carry out coordinated terror attacks in London and was imprisoned.. and then released for him to free to carry out acts of terrors as he so wishes. Its islamic apologists like you that make me sick! What about the two people who he killed?? Did they deserve to die?

And the millions in Iraq when Britain invaded Iraq. Did they deserve to die?
And the millions in Iraq when Britain invaded Iraq. Did they deserve to die?

So just to be clear are you publicly condoning terror attacks and stabbings on British citizens by islamic extremists as a revenge for the Iraq invasion?

Yes or No please?
So just to be clear are you publicly condoning terror attacks and stabbings on British citizens by islamic extremists as a revenge for the Iraq invasion?

Yes or No please?

Thats what they seem to claim. Im not saying anything. Talk to them about that.

When they stab someone they say "Allahu Akbar" (Allah is the greatest) and they stab someone. Its not okay to stab someone. But its also not okay for Britain a so called "democratic" nation wanting "equality" to be involved in the killing of children which I dont believe this individual did.

I am not a muslim. But I would like to believe that neither action is wrong. One man kills 2 in the UK and he is all over the news. Britain commits war crimes and kills hundreds of thousands... dont see that on the news do we?

Yes or No please?

Also, by your username you seem to be an Indian residing in this country. You have a soft spot for Indians and you seem to be a Hindu Nationalist.

You are against muslims completely.

Yes or No?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending