The Student Room Group

London Bridge news

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sachinisgod
So just to be clear are you publicly condoning terror attacks and stabbings on British citizens by islamic extremists as a revenge for the Iraq invasion?

Yes or No please?

I am saying that the murder of 2 Brits cannot be equal to the murder of children in Iraq.

By your tone do you mean to stay the action is legitamised because the British did it? British citizens lives are worth more?

Answer my question
Original post by ClayJensen817
Also, by your username you seem to be an Indian residing in this country. You have a soft spot for Indians and you seem to be a Hindu Nationalist.

You are against muslims completely.

Yes or No?

Thats what they seem to claim. Im not saying anything. Talk to them about that.

When they stab someone they say "Allahu Akbar" (Allah is the greatest) and they stab someone. Its not okay to stab someone. But its also not okay for Britain a so called "democratic" nation wanting "equality" to be involved in the killing of children which I dont believe this individual did.

I am not a muslim. But I would like to believe that neither action is wrong. One man kills 2 in the UK and he is all over the news. Britain commits war crimes and kills hundreds of thousands... dont see that on the news do we?

I am saying that the murder of 2 Brits cannot be equal to the murder of children in Iraq.

By your tone do you mean to stay the action is legitamised because the British did it? British citizens lives are worth more?

Answer my question

I cant believe whats coming out of your mouth. If people like you are going to use the Iraq Invasion as a justification for every terror attack in this country, then we have no hope left.

Also my religion is irrelevent, I am a british citizen. Secondly last time i checked, Hindu extremists going on a stabbing spree in UK cities in the name of their religion was never a thing unless you would want to point me to an instance.

To the bold point.. its all well blabbing off behind the screen, go say that thing to the families of the people that died. Also if you hate British actions so much and justify the killings of its citizens, please feel free to leave this country and take residence in Iraq. They would love to have you
And the millions in Iraq when Britain invaded Iraq. Did they deserve to die?

Two wrongs do not make a right. The unnecessarily high civilian casualties in Iraq are clearly deeply regrettable, however that does not excuse violence against british civilians most of whom did not contribute to the war in Iraq, and a great many of whom actively campaigned against the war.

This man may well have been brainwashed. That is tragic, and reflects the urgent need to improve anti radicalisation programmes, however the police had to make a decision between the life of a man with what looked like a bomb strapped to his chest and the lives of innocent civilians who did nothing to deserve being put in harms way.
I cant believe whats coming out of your mouth. If people like you are going to use the Iraq Invasion as a justification for every terror attack in this country, then we have no hope left.

Also my religion is irrelevent, I am a british citizen. Secondly last time i checked, Hindu extremists going on a stabbing spree in UK cities in the name of their religion was never a thing unless you would want to point me to an instance.

To the bold point.. its all well blabbing off behind the screen, go say that thing to the families of the people that died. Also if you hate British actions so much and justify the killings of its citizens, please feel free to leave this country and take residence in Iraq. They would love to have you

I am free to say what I want as a citizen of this country. I am not condoning the actions of that man. What he did was disgusting and was no different to what scumbag british soldiers did in Iraq. Muslims are better than that.

Also, Hindus stab enough muslims in India, dont worry.

My point is, why are people going on about this and not about the war crimes theyve done in Iraq?

Now, muslims have no status, no dignity, no state and no cause.

So they take matters into their hands. Britain has an army to take their anger on muslims out on Muslim lands.
Original post by JanusGodofDoors
Two wrongs do not make a right. The unnecessarily high civilian casualties in Iraq are clearly deeply regrettable, however that does not excuse violence against british civilians most of whom did not contribute to the war in Iraq, and a great many of whom actively campaigned against the war.

This man may well have been brainwashed. That is tragic, and reflects the urgent need to improve anti radicalisation programmes, however the police had to make a decision between the life of a man with what looked like a bomb strapped to his chest and the lives of innocent civilians who did nothing to deserve being put in harms way.

This is the kind of reply I needed. Thank you!

Apparantly some Hindu nationalists need a reason to blame muslims. As theyve "taken over" their country anyways.
Reply 25
Thats what they seem to claim. Im not saying anything. Talk to them about that.

When they stab someone they say "Allahu Akbar" (Allah is the greatest) and they stab someone. Its not okay to stab someone. But its also not okay for Britain a so called "democratic" nation wanting "equality" to be involved in the killing of children which I dont believe this individual did.

I am not a muslim. But I would like to believe that neither action is wrong. One man kills 2 in the UK and he is all over the news. Britain commits war crimes and kills hundreds of thousands... dont see that on the news do we?

Do you know what a false equivalence is? If not, i suggest you look it up.
Reply 26

I doubt it, nothing is worse than a sanctimonious foreigner...
Reply 27
No it wasnt. They killed a guy who was brainwashed!

So what?

Look at the people on the 9/11 attack.. one of them was an LSE grad. Why would he destroy his life and go kill people?? Makes sense????

You clearly know very little about what drives terrorists do you. The fact he "was an LSE grad" is utterly irrelevant.
Original post by Napp
You clearly know very little about what drives terrorists do you. The fact he "was an LSE grad" is utterly irrelevant.

Ofcourse I know what drives terrorists. Its the need to take revenge out on the west. They believe the West stole their rights to a unified nation under one ruler which they in reality did in 1924 by abolishing the Ottomon Empire.

Now they want that back.
Reply 29
Ofcourse I know what drives terrorists. Its the need to take revenge out on the west. They believe the West stole their rights to a unified nation under one ruler which they in reality did in 1924 by abolishing the Ottomon Empire.

Now they want that back.

Ahh you're on of those broken people who believes its all the evil wests fault? Right.
Alas though i have yet to come across a single expert on terrorism who would agree with your rather amusing assessment. Thats also ignoring your rather queer phrasing of the defeat of the Ottoman enemy in WWI - and the fact most Arabs assuredly did not like being ruled by the Ottomans, who were not Arabs.
Original post by Napp
Ahh you're on of those broken people who believes its all the evil wests fault? Right.
Alas though i have yet to come across a single expert on terrorism who would agree with your rather amusing assessment. Thats also ignoring your rather queer phrasing of the defeat of the Ottoman enemy in WWI - and the fact most Arabs assuredly did not like being ruled by the Ottomans, who were not Arabs.

Which Arabs? The Arabs who started the Muslim brotherhood? the Arabs who call for it now in mosques? Or the Arabs who are fighting for it?

Or do you mean the Arabs who know the Ottomon empire is against all form of monarchies and injustices who are now in palaces and make tons of money from the peoples wealth. Look at how much the Ottomon ruler used to make and what he did and how humble his life was when he serves his nation properly. And look at the "Arabs" now
There were no civilians around the suspect yet the police still shot him?
Original post by study beats

good call. abdul could have been trying to detonate himself.
Reply 33
Which Arabs? The Arabs who started the Muslim brotherhood? the Arabs who call for it now in mosques? Or the Arabs who are fighting for it?

Or do you mean the Arabs who know the Ottomon empire is against all form of monarchies and injustices who are now in palaces and make tons of money from the peoples wealth. Look at how much the Ottomon ruler used to make and what he did and how humble his life was when he serves his nation properly. And look at the "Arabs" now

Are you some historically illiterate turk or?
No it wasnt. They killed a guy who was brainwashed!

Look at the people on the 9/11 attack.. one of them was an LSE grad. Why would he destroy his life and go kill people?? Makes sense????

No correlation between academics and propensity to be radicalised. Studies show that the Islamic State attracted individuals from all walks of life.
Original post by Napp
Are you some historically illiterate turk or?

The easiest way to find out would be to ask them about a certain Ottoman genocide...
Reply 36
Original post by study beats

I think that is the undeclared policy, the police don't try at all to get them alive as a way of showing others what will happen. Of course he was no threat to anybody the moment he was shot dead, were he to blow himself up and he'd have done that the moment a bunch of civilians jumped on him. He didn't have to be killed, it was a conscious decision to do so.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 37
And the millions in Iraq when Britain invaded Iraq. Did they deserve to die?

From an Islamic perspective, Allah had already decided how and when they would die. The coalition had to invade in order to fulfil Allah's plan, because Allah cannot be wrong.

BTW, it wasn't millions, and the vast majority were killed by other locals in sectarian conflict that had only been kept under control by Saddam's brutal regime.
Reply 38
So just to be clear are you publicly condoning terror attacks and stabbings on British citizens by islamic extremists as a revenge for the Iraq invasion?

Yes or No please?

Understanding the causes behind an action is not the same as condoning that action. Simple stuff really.
Reply 39
Original post by the bear
abdul could have been trying to detonate himself.

Schoolboy error. He should have been trying to detonate his bomb.

Vote Johnson, get the early release of murderous jihadists.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending