The Student Room Group

PPE Oxford 2020 ~ Offer Holders

Hey everybody!
Congrats on getting an invitation for interviews!
Tell us a bit about yourself, and we will all help each other to prepare for interviews

College:
Open application or not:
Where you come from:
Your tips and tricks for the interviews:
Any useful website regarding this:
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Jeantom16
Hey everybody!
Congrats on getting an invitation for interviews!
Tell us a bit about yourself, and we will all help each other to prepare for interviews

College:
Open application or not:
Where you come from:
Your tips and tricks for the interviews:
Any website useful regarding this:

College: Saint-Benet's Hall
Open application or not: Open application
Where you come from: France
Your tips and tricks for the interviews: I'm kinda lost concerning interviews, coming from France; that's why I created this thread!
Reply 2
College: St Catz
Open application or not: No
Where you come from: London
Your tips and tricks for the interviews: try to practise by going over Oxford style questions
Any useful website regarding this: n/a
Hey guys
College: Balliol
Open application or not: not
Where you come from: London
Your tips and tricks for the interviews: I'm probably going to just try and spend some time this week thinking about interesting political/philosophical/economic questions and trying to answer them but in truth, Jeantom16, you can't really prepare that much, you can't change in a week how you think, so don't worry too much about it, just communicate what you are thinking in the interview :smile:
Any useful website regarding this: all I can say is that Googling "PPE Oxford interview questions" provides quite a lot
if i have a remote interview, do i still need to submit the interview confirmation form?
College: New College
Open application or not: nope
Where you come from: England
Your tips and tricks for the interviews: Mock interviews
Reply 6
Original post by niernen
College: New College
Where you come from: England
Your tips and tricks for the interviews: Mock interviews

Mock interviews with whom?
Original post by Jeantom16
Mock interviews with whom?

Your choice varies, usually getting a family member or a school teacher to conduct one with you is a good idea. Alternatively, you could pay an extortionate sum for a mock interview from a company you can find online probably. The interviewers will be professional, most being ex PPE students but it depends whether you want to pay the money or not.
I'd personally adovcate for having a mock interview with one of your school teachers who teaches either politics, philosophy or economics or a related subject such as history and geography. Good luckkk :smile:
Original post by niernen
Your choice varies, usually getting a family member or a school teacher to conduct one with you is a good idea. Alternatively, you could pay an extortionate sum for a mock interview from a company you can find online probably. The interviewers will be professional, most being ex PPE students but it depends whether you want to pay the money or not.
I'd personally adovcate for having a mock interview with one of your school teachers who teaches either politics, philosophy or economics or a related subject such as history and geography. Good luckkk :smile:

Oxbridge Admissions (the company) came into my (state) school and we each paid £100 for an interview training day and for those who haven't had this opportunity, don't worry. It really was not very helpful :s-smilie:. Had two mock interviews which were not by PPEists and they just asked many questions when in reality the interview is a couple of questions in depth.
Reply 9
College: Trinity
Where you come from: USA
Your tips and tricks for the interviews: TBH I'm not really sure what to do (don't know anyone who's ever interviewed before), so just reading over my personal statement and the news.
Reply 10
College: St. Hilda's
Open application or not: Yes
Where you come from: South Korea
Your tips and tricks for the interviews: Reading the books you've mentioned in your personal statement again (or read them if you haven't yet), mock interviews with school teachers teaching politics/philosophy/economics. Maybe ask school alumni that went to Oxford?
Original post by calumisaacs
Oxbridge Admissions (the company) came into my (state) school and we each paid £100 for an interview training day and for those who haven't had this opportunity, don't worry. It really was not very helpful :s-smilie:. Had two mock interviews which were not by PPEists and they just asked many questions when in reality the interview is a couple of questions in depth.

yikes sorry to hear about that experience, what a rip off :frown:
Reply 12
College: New
Open application or not: No
Where you come from: Germany
Your tips and tricks for the interviews: None besides the typical ones everybody knows about :smile:

Best of luck to all of you!
Hey guys! Does anybody know if we will have three separate interviews (one for each subject) or just one interview? Also does anyone know the length of the interviews?
Original post by justinliu2020
Hey guys! Does anybody know if we will have three separate interviews (one for each subject) or just one interview? Also does anyone know the length of the interviews?

From what I know, there will generally be three interviews, one for each subject. You'll have at least two. They might also decide they want you to do extra ones, either at your college or a different college. A typical interview is about 25 minutes.
Reply 15
Hello! Any one else having interviews at Corpus Christi?
Is it true that colleges have abolished pre interview exams (not the TSA but exams sat in college). Someone is making this claim in the comments section of a PPE video on YouTube ( https://youtu.be/ODJibPveD_o ). Is this legit?
Original post by youwotm2^3
Is it true that colleges have abolished pre interview exams (not the TSA but exams sat in college). Someone is making this claim in the comments section of a PPE video on YouTube ( https://youtu.be/ODJibPveD_o ). Is this legit?

I would also love to know the validity of this claim; I'm kinda stressing about the pre-interview exam as I don't do any of the three disciplines for A-level and from what I've heard the questions seem to expect a fairly thorough knowledge on a number of political / philosophical concepts.
Original post by youwotm2^3

@BrasenoseAdm
College: Teddy Hall
Open application or not: Open
Where you come from: Venezuela:smile:
Your tips and tricks for the interviews: Re-read all books and concepts referred to and mentioned in your personal statement, practice interview technique in a pressured environment through mock interviews, whilst having someone prepare you for possible unseen texts in your philosophy interview. Moreover, look up practice questions and engage in further reading to grasp definitions, ideas and notions.
Any useful website regarding this: Not really

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending