The Student Room Group

How can people go for multiple days without showering?

I’ve known people who can go for 5 or 6 days without showering and honestly I couldn’t think of much else more gross if I tried. I understand that everyone has a different hygiene tolerance but how do people tolerate their own body stench after two or more days?

Scroll to see replies

I've no idea. But tbh, it happens when my mood is worse than usual

How perfectly able people go days without showering is really weird to me. I just feel dirty. My parents and theirs always did daily, maybe it isn't a UK thing.
(edited 4 years ago)
Erm some of us have depression
And I think you know that.
And there’s something called deodorant
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 3
It's entirely possible to remain clean and fragrant without irrigating the Sahara.
I fully agree with you
Personally I cant go a day without showering let alone 5/6, days.
Reply 5
When I was a kid we had baths once a week and we usually shared the water with the rest of the kids in the family :laugh:
Original post by Karisa96
I fully agree with you
Personally I cant go a day without showering let alone 5/6, days.

same
Original post by gjd800
When I was a kid we had baths once a week and we usually shared the water with the rest of the kids in the family :laugh:

Sundays?
Reply 8
Original post by Reality Check
Sundays?

yep!
Original post by gjd800
yep!

:smile: This showering daily or twice daily (!) is a very recent thing. I do shower once daily, but when we lived in a very old house which didn't have a shower and couldn't have one fitted I didn't have a bath every day. Pits and bits sufficed.
Reply 10
Original post by Reality Check
:smile: This showering daily or twice daily (!) is a very recent thing. I do shower once daily, but when we lived in a very old house which didn't have a shower and couldn't have one fitted I didn't have a bath every day. Pits and bits sufficed.

i have to be careful because I have eczema and counter-intuitively, too much water = very dry skin
I'll shower every day unless I'm not leaving the house. Even then I wouldn't want to go more than a few days.

I only wash my hair like once a week tho.
I shower every single day, but only shampoo my hair once a week. The other days I just wet it.
Original post by WoodlandSorcerer
I shower every single day, but only shampoo my hair once a week. The other days I just wet it.

If I wet my hair every day, it would be such a struggle. I have afro hair so it would just shrink and tangle, I'd need to blowdry it every day or something. That's why my mum gets me to put extensions in. I use a shower cap.
Original post by Obolinda
I've no idea. But tbh, it happens when my mood is worse than usual

How perfectly able people go days without showering is really weird to me. I just feel dirty. My parents and theirs always did daily, maybe it isn't a UK thing.

How do people not feel dirty and scuzzy
I also do this. And just aim my shower head at my body so it doesn't get on my hair.
Reply 16
Original post by gjd800

Wow, I wasn't the only one who did that as a kid :laugh:
Original post by Obolinda
If I wet my hair every day, it would be such a struggle. I have afro hair so it would just shrink and tangle, I'd need to blowdry it every day or something. That's why my mum gets me to put extensions in. I use a shower cap.

Wow, poor you! It must be difficult to have afro hair, how long does it take to dry?
Reply 18
Original post by The Mogg
Wow, I wasn't the only one who did that as a kid :laugh:

This is late 80s and early 90s too, so not a million years ago

We were just skint, ha
Sometimes it's simply not practical. I wash every other morning, so that means every second day - but there are only 7 days in a week. I go to the gym mon, weds, fri and I HATE having simply body washes - it seems such a waste of my time to not wash my hair whilst I'm there.

So, some weekends I will go without washing so that it lines up with my dirtiest moment being when I go to the gym so that I can wash the stink off of me the next morning lol.

Sorry if this confused anyone :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending