The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

What is it like studying Chemistry at Uni of Nottingham?

I have applied here and I am thinking of firming it, however beforehand it would be nice to get some advice from current and past students. Please give details such as: teaching, average week, accommodation etc!

Thank you!
Original post by Erinclei
I have applied here and I am thinking of firming it, however beforehand it would be nice to get some advice from current and past students. Please give details such as: teaching, average week, accommodation etc!

Thank you!

I have no experience in chemistry, but no ones replied (as of yet).

-Teaching: id imagine this almost certainly mostly lecture based with the addition of some seminars and then you'll also likely have labs.
-Its STEM so you'll probably have a fairly full week in 4/5 days a week some days will be busy, some might be light...

-Accommodation, Notts has on-campus (& lots of it, the halls are really nice, id recommend the catered ones in first year and its all very close even if you live in the far side of campus it would only be a 15 minute walk to the chemistry building).
Also off-campus accommodation and self-catered options at varying distances but all fairly close by. Even accommodation on Jubilee campus is fine (jubille & uni park are so close together, its not a big deal & theirs a free bus just in case a 10 minute walk is too much),
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Quick Reply