The Student Room Group

Education, Primary Education and Childhood studies Applicants 2020

Are you applying to study Education, Primary Education or Early Childhood Studies at University this year?
Well this is the place for you!
:party:

Post below with details about your...

Specific Course:
Universities you're applying to:
A level / IB / Higher grades:
GCSE grades:
Favourite teacher at school?:smile:

Share as much detail as you're comfortable with.

You may also want to have a look at this HUGE LIST of other applicants threads for all the universities you're applying to as well as potential other courses if you're a joint honours student.:woo:

I'm a current joint honours Education student going into third year, feel free to ask me any questions about applying to and studying Education at university. :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Primary Education at Anglia Ruskin in Cambridge. I am hoping to achieve BCC in my A-Levels this year, any advice for my personal statement on this subject.
Original post by luciklemp
Primary Education at Anglia Ruskin in Cambridge. I am hoping to achieve BCC in my A-Levels this year, any advice for my personal statement on this subject.

We're glad you're considering coming to ARU :h:
Someone from your faculty wrote this blog once and it has some great top tips for personal statements if you'd like to read it >>> Personal Statements - it's time to lose the modesty! The top 10 tips at the bottom are helpful no matter what course you're applying to. In general, I'd say when it comes to education, make sure it's clear you're really passionate about providing a good education, why it matters to you and what you want to achieve by going into primary education. That's what other education students would say :smile:

Good luck!!!
1. I'm applying for education and psychology
2. Cambridge, Bath, Durham, York and Nottingham
3. A*A*A
4. 6,7,7,7,7,7,8,8,8
5. Favourite teacher is my EYFS teacher - Mrs Rouane Mendel
Specific Course: Primary Education with QTS (Qualified Teacher Status)
Universities you're applying to: Hertfordshire, Middlesex, Greenwich, Roehampton and Canterbury.
A level / IB / Higher grades: Hoping to get B B Merit/Distinction
GCSE grades: 6, 6, 4, 6, 5, 5, B, A (and Level 2 in Business & Enterprise)
Favourite teacher at school? Year 5 teacher/English teacher in year 7
1.Primary education.
2. MMU, Chester, Edge hill and durham
3. Predicted AABC
4.BBBBBBCD
5. Year Five teacher
Original post by Abby-Rose
Universities you're applying to: Hertfordshire, Middlesex, Greenwich, Roehampton and Canterbury.

hey! I'm applying to Roehampton and I actually am near canterbury though I'm not applying have you been offered an interview for Roehampton?
Original post by emreynoldz
hey! I'm applying to Roehampton and I actually am near canterbury though I'm not applying have you been offered an interview for Roehampton?

Hi! I went to an interview at Roehampton on 2nd December and I got an offer through track a few days later :smile:

I’ve applied to Hertfordshire, Middlesex and Greenwich as well, have u had any interview offers yet? I’ve only received one from Greenwich so far as I only applied 2 days ago x
Primary Education
My options are:
University of Brighton
University of Hertfordshire
University of Greenwich
University of East London
Middlesex University

Is anyone else currently looking at any of these options and has interviews/ assessment days? X
Original post by Livwilliamsss
Primary Education
My options are:
University of Brighton
University of Greenwich
Middlesex University

Is anyone else currently looking at any of these options and has interviews/ assessment days? X

Woohoo! Wishing you the best of luck with the process.
Do you have any work experience you can talk about if you are invited to interviews?
My main advice would be to use examples and evidence when you respond to questions :smile:

- Meg
Original post by University of East London
Woohoo! Wishing you the best of luck with the process.
Do you have any work experience you can talk about if you are invited to interviews?
My main advice would be to use examples and evidence when you respond to questions :smile:

- Meg

Thank you! Yeah I have quite a bit of experience to talk about so hopefully this helps me. Thanks for the advice 😊
Reply 12
Primary Education
My options are:
University of Brighton
University of Greenwich
Middlesex University

I’ve had an interview for Brighton for this course
Reply 13
Original post by 04MR17

Are you applying to study Education, Primary Education or Early Childhood Studies at University this year?
Well this is the place for you!
:party:

Post below with details about your...

Specific Course:
Universities you're applying to:
A level / IB / Higher grades:
GCSE grades:
Favourite teacher at school?:smile:

Share as much detail as you're comfortable with.

You may also want to have a look at this HUGE LIST of other applicants threads for all the universities you're applying to as well as potential other courses if you're a joint honours student.:woo:

I'm a current joint honours Education student going into third year, feel free to ask me any questions about applying to and studying Education at university. :biggrin:

Course: Primary Education with Early Year’s with QTS
Unis I’m applying to: Leeds Trinity, Chichester, Winchester, Brighton
A-Level predicted: BBC
GCSEs: A,C,6,5,5,5,4,4
Favourite teacher: reception teacher
I’ve applied to Hertfordshire, Middlesex and Greenwich as well, have u had any interview offers yet? I’ve only received one from Greenwich so far as I only applied 2 days ago x

Hi. I have had 4 of 5 interviews. Middlesex is my last one on 17th December and I have got conditional offers from all of the ones I interviewed at (which are Hertfordshire, Greenwich, Canterbury and Roehampton) Good luck with your interview and I'm sure you'll get more :smile: x
Original post by no.198
I’ve had an interview for Brighton for this course

What was the day like, is there anything I should do to prepare? & how do you think you did hope you get an offer x
Hi. I have had 4 of 5 interviews. Middlesex is my last one on 17th December and I have got conditional offers from all of the ones I interviewed at (which are Hertfordshire, Greenwich, Canterbury and Roehampton) Good luck with your interview and I'm sure you'll get more :smile: x

Well done on getting so many offers! How do you feel about the Middlesex one, I’ve already prepared my poem for it, this is the only one so far out of my options that requires me to do something like that. I now have 4/5 so fingers crossed they go well x
Reply 17
What was the day like, is there anything I should do to prepare? & how do you think you did hope you get an offer x

Yeah it was good. The interview people are really nice. Just prepare typical questions and some scenarios. I got an offer! X
Hi I'm Emily.

Specific course : Combined degree in biology and education (I want to be a secondary school teacher)
Universities : Stirling university (biology and education), I am also applying for aberdeen, the UHI and St Andrews but just for biology (I would do a post grad for education)
Highers (Scottish qualification) : AAAAB
Favourite teacher : My maths teacher or my biology teacher. They make the subjects interesting!
Original post by luciklemp

Hi Luckilemp,

I am a Primary Education Studies student at ARU Chelmsford but studying the same modules you will be at Cambridge. I'm on the accelerated 2-year version of the degree, but all the modules are the same. If you have any questions about the course, please feel free to ask :biggrin:

Best of luck with your A-Levels,

Katrina

Latest

Trending

Trending