North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Birmingham City University (BCU) applicants chat thread 2020

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by luckystar1776
Hello everyone, I just wanted an informed opinion from the people of this group. I recently got an admission confirmation from the Birmingham City University(BCU) for their MSc in Management and International Business. So I had a few questions.

1) How is the teaching?
2) How is the placement scene?
3) Is the course worth it?
4) How is the ROI(Return on Investment?)
5) How is the living standard there?
6) How much is the average package/salary for graduates?

Please feel free to get back to me as per your convenience.

P.S: My joining is in Feb 2020.

Thanks and best regards.

not sure about the course itself but in general the uni is sooooo nice! I went for an open day and I loved it!
I've applied for 2/5 of my options at BCU
at BCU
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by abbi3
hey! I spent my UCAS off to BCU on the 25th and I still haven't received an offer ! is this normal?

The 25th of November? I sent mine before then and haven't heard back yet, if that makes you feel better. :') A couple of friends have been invited to BCU for interviews but my subject is academic and doesn't require one, not sure about yours? :smile: X
Original post by la11
I've applied for LLB Law too!

Exciting, hopefully we’ll be course mates!! Let me know as soon as you get your offer 🥰
Original post by abbi3
hey! I spent my UCAS off to BCU on the 25th and I still haven't received an offer ! is this normal?

I’ve applied for LL.B the same week as you, and have not heard anything back from any of choices (BCU, ULaw & Wolverhampton). My sister studied Mental Health Nursing at BCU and said her offer was the last one she got, about 10 weeks after she applied so don’t worry! Applicants are still yet to submit so they’re probably just waiting for the Jan deadline to give everyone equal chance. Good luck
Reply 24
Original post by Emmashilters
Exciting, hopefully we’ll be course mates!! Let me know as soon as you get your offer 🥰

Hahaha:smile:
will defo let you know
Let me know when you hear back too!
Original post by la11
Hahaha:smile:
will defo let you know
Let me know when you hear back too!

I’ll be so excited you’ll probably hear me screaming about it no matter if you’re far or not 😂😂😂.
Reply 26
I’ll be so excited you’ll probably hear me screaming about it no matter if you’re far or not 😂😂😂.

haha honestly same BCU is my fav option rn!!
Original post by la11
haha honestly same BCU is my fav option rn!!

Me too! My sister studied there for her MH nurse degree and she had the best time! It’s also really close, which is super handy because I have a 2 year old 🤦🏻*♀️. I’ve applied to Wolverhampton and ULaw too but I’m not so keen on ULaw anymore. It might be ok for post grad but their LLBs are combined with something else like criminology or business so I don’t know how that makes it a QLD
Reply 28
Me too! My sister studied there for her MH nurse degree and she had the best time! It’s also really close, which is super handy because I have a 2 year old 🤦🏻*♀️. I’ve applied to Wolverhampton and ULaw too but I’m not so keen on ULaw anymore. It might be ok for post grad but their LLBs are combined with something else like criminology or business so I don’t know how that makes it a QLD

Yeah i've heard nothing but positive comments about BCU
UofLaw sounds good
I think it is still a QLD becuase its just joint honours and it is still recognised because its LLB (might be wrong)
Original post by la11
Yeah i've heard nothing but positive comments about BCU
UofLaw sounds good
I think it is still a QLD becuase its just joint honours and it is still recognised because its LLB (might be wrong)

I’ve applied there because I like the sound of the modules for law & criminology but I’m 50/50 on it tbh. BCU is definitely my lead choice right now.
Original post by SweetLulita
The 25th of November? I sent mine before then and haven't heard back yet, if that makes you feel better. :') A couple of friends have been invited to BCU for interviews but my subject is academic and doesn't require one, not sure about yours? :smile: X

I sent mine off on the 13th Nov, still nothing, got all of my others but i think they were pretty early with offers

Hi @Puddles the Monkey, this is not our official trhead, could you remove it from the list and add this one instead please? :smile:

Thanks!
Original post by Birmingham City University
Hi @Puddles the Monkey, this is not our official trhead, could you remove it from the list and add this one instead please? :smile:

Thanks!

Heya, I've merged them now so everything is in one thread :woo:
Original post by Karma_Boy
Me, digital martketing 2 year fast-track

Same here, high-five
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Heya, I've merged them now so everything is in one thread :woo:

Amazing! Thank you :dance:
Applied for Architecture! Applied about 2 weeks ago now, received offers/ interviews from all other unis except for BCU, is this normal?
Original post by maciemcmanus
Applied for Architecture! Applied about 2 weeks ago now, received offers/ interviews from all other unis except for BCU, is this normal?

I’ve applied for Law and haven’t heard yet. This is the only one out of my 4 choices I haven’t heard from.
Original post by maciemcmanus

I applied for building surveying about 2 weeks ago too, i saw that someones sister applied last year and it took them 10 weeks, plus the deadline isnt yet so maybe they are waiting till the deadline?
What course would you like to apply for?
Primary Education with QTS
What are you most looking forward to about uni? Living in a city
What are you most nervous about :
Getting an offer
Are you coming to an Open Day?
yes I’ve been and I loved it
Anyone else applying for Primary Education with QTS and had an interview date? I’m yet to have one after sending my application off a week ago but have had my 4 other interviews including one from Durham University!! It’s just a shame because BCU was one of my favourite unis and I’m still waiting for an interview date
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by justanother0ne
psychology with criminology?

I'm applying to straight psychology :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest