Nora1203
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi! I’m applying for SA at LSE this year. The required grades are AAB, and I got predicted A*AA in maths, chem and rs, with EPQ (the topic is on food anthropology).
I’ve done a short fieldwork (more like a trip), and have two work experiences tho not directly related to anthropology.
Any thoughts/suggestions regarding the chances for me getting an offer from LSE (or the other uni I’m applying to: UCL, Manchester, Bristol and SOAS)
really hope there is someone also applying for SA at LSE or already studying SA in LSE can help me with this (really nervous about this UCAS thing...)
romantically-
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Nora1203)
Hi! I’m applying for SA at LSE this year. The required grades are AAB, and I got predicted A*AA in maths, chem and rs, with EPQ (the topic is on food anthropology).https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...4#post86252316
I’ve done a short fieldwork (more like a trip), and have two work experiences tho not directly related to anthropology.
Any thoughts/suggestions regarding the chances for me getting an offer from LSE (or the other uni I’m applying to: UCL, Manchester, Bristol and SOAS)
really hope there is someone also applying for SA at LSE or already studying SA in LSE can help me with this (really nervous about this UCAS thing...)
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...4#post86252316 Here's a thread with all the 2020 LSE applicants!
romantically-
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
But what they are most likely going to tell you is that so long as you meet the minimum requirements your chances are as good as anybody else's. If you have a really strong PS, that will definitely make you a more competitive applicant and improve your chances. I applied for Sociology for 2020 (so it isn't SA but the requirements are the same). I also applied to UCL (got an offer) and Bristol and Edinburgh (got an offer), and KCL.
Nora1203
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thank you so much for your reply. Btw what’s your predictions(if you don’t mind telling me)?
romantically-
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thank you so much for your reply. Btw what’s your predictions(if you don’t mind telling me)?
I'm in the American school system, so the highest you can get is a 5. The sociology requirements are AAB (translated for me to 55544). So far I've achieved 5554 in four subjects and I've been predicted 5554 in another 4 subjects
romantically-
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi! I’m applying for SA at LSE this year. The required grades are AAB, and I got predicted A*AA in maths, chem and rs, with EPQ (the topic is on food anthropology).
I do know that they look at subject combinations, so I think you're fine. Just try to make your personal statement stand out and try not to reference things that you can't relate back to social anthropology. And also, mentioning and demonstrating what you've learnt in books you've read related to socio anthro will definitely strengthen your application!
Rahi27
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
For a student who’s interested in social sciences , should they go for sociology or social anthropology . Also which one of them has more credits or is more interesting at LSE?
romantically-
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Rahi27)
For a student who’s interested in social sciences , should they go for sociology or social anthropology . Also which one of them has more credits or is more interesting at LSE?
It's all very subjective because both are social sciences and to determine which is more interesting, it depends on what you find interesting when you read the modules. I recommend going on the LSE website and looking through the two courses and what is taught in both.
Rahi27
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by romantically-)
It's all very subjective because both are social sciences and to determine which is more interesting, it depends on what you find interesting when you read the modules. I recommend going on the LSE website and looking through the two courses and what is taught in both.
Yes I read all about the 2 courses and I find anthropology even very interesting. But my only concern is that I’ve never done social anthropology yet I’ve been doing sociology since grade 9 so I’m just scared if I go for social anthropology , I will not have much to write in my PS .
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.5%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (35)
14.58%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (43)
17.92%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (34)
14.17%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (63)
26.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.58%

Watched Threads