The Student Room Group

[Official] Christ's College Applicants 2020

I searched for a while and couldn’t find a thread this year for Christ applicants so I’m starting one now.

Feel free to say your course and why you applied to Christ’s ( or not if you don’t want to).

I thought Christ’s was quite a popular college but haven’t seen many others yet.

Scroll to see replies

Hiya,

I'm applying for Music at Christ's, I found the admissions team really friendly and helpful, and just really liked the DoS' when I met them. The vibe of the college is also really calm and welcoming.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by living_arrow
Hiya,

I'm applying for Music at Christ's, I found the admissions team really friendly and helpful, and just really like the DoS' when I met them. The vibe of the college is also really calm and welcoming.

Yeah I can agree about the admissions team 100% as a post-qualification applicant. They’re extremely efficient too.
Hey! So happy I found a thread for Christ's! I applied for Geography. I don't really know why I chose Christ's, I just liked it. Hope they'll invite me for interview and that everything will be fine :smile:
Hi,3 of my 4 interviewers are DoS...kinda wondering is it just a random arrangement or Christ’s has got too many DoS for interview
Hello,

I’m applying for Classics at Christ’s. As an international student, their Admissions Team has been incredibly helpful.

Has anyone received an interview notification? I received one, but haven't gotten an interview invitation letter.
Original post by Minerva123
Hello,

I’m applying for Classics at Christ’s. As an international student, their Admissions Team has been incredibly helpful.

Has anyone received an interview notification? I received one, but haven't gotten an interview invitation letter.

Hi Minerva123

Below are extracts from their current applications and questions pages. It looks as they they have sent offers for about half the courses so I think just be patient for a few more days or until end of next week. It's good to know one will be on its way soon and the dates are Monday 9th-Wednesday 11th. They are quick to update the Current Applications page when the invites go out - I received mine at the end of the day. Good luck!

Current applications
Current applications - questions

I just received an email saying that I'd be invited for interview but the email is not my invitation to interview and I need to wait for further info.
We know that a lot of you get very nervous while waiting to hear if you will be invited for interview or not. Some of you also want to start thinking about preparation or practical arrangements etc. At our end, it takes time to organise everything and send out the invitations to interview once we have a confirmed list of people to invite. Rather than keep you in suspense while we sort out all the details needed to email your individual invitation to interview with dates and times etc, we first of all let you know, simply, that you will be invited for interview. We hope that you find this confirmation helpful, and that it'll make the next week or so a bit less stressful. You will need to wait to receive the second email, however, for the date and times and all the details you need to come for interview - there will be some important information in your invitation to interview once you receive it.

We have sent invitations to interview (by email) in the following subjects
19/11/19: Anglo-Saxon, Norse and Celtic; Architecture; Asian and Middle-Eastern Studies; Law
20/11/19: Archaeology; Education; Engineering; English; Land Economy; Linguistics; Mathematics; Music; Natural Sciences (Biological)
21/11/19: Economics; Philosophy
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by living_arrow
Hi Minerva123

Below are extracts from their current applications and questions pages. It looks as they they have sent offers for about half the courses so I think just be patient for a few more days or until end of next week. It's good to know one will be on its way soon and the dates are Monday 9th-Wednesday 11th. They are quick to update the Current Applications page when the invites go out - I received mine at the end of the day. Good luck!

Current applications
Current applications - questions

I just received an email saying that I'd be invited for interview but the email is not my invitation to interview and I need to wait for further info.
We know that a lot of you get very nervous while waiting to hear if you will be invited for interview or not. Some of you also want to start thinking about preparation or practical arrangements etc. At our end, it takes time to organise everything and send out the invitations to interview once we have a confirmed list of people to invite. Rather than keep you in suspense while we sort out all the details needed to email your individual invitation to interview with dates and times etc, we first of all let you know, simply, that you will be invited for interview. We hope that you find this confirmation helpful, and that it'll make the next week or so a bit less stressful. You will need to wait to receive the second email, however, for the date and times and all the details you need to come for interview - there will be some important information in your invitation to interview once you receive it.

We have sent invitations to interview (by email) in the following subjects
19/11/19: Anglo-Saxon, Norse and Celtic; Architecture; Asian and Middle-Eastern Studies; Law
20/11/19: Archaeology; Education; Engineering; English; Land Economy; Linguistics; Mathematics; Music; Natural Sciences (Biological)
21/11/19: Economics; Philosophy

Thank you so much!!
Appears all of the interview offers have come out. Well done to those people who got one, what subject & date are yours on? There seem to be almost no Christ’s applicants on TSR so I’m hoping this thread gets more posters haha
Original post by meminisse19
Appears all of the interview offers have come out. Well done to those people who got one, what subject & date are yours on? There seem to be almost no Christ’s applicants on TSR so I’m hoping this thread gets more posters haha

Me I’m Dec.13th

My interview is Dec 9th
Reply 11
I've got a Law interview on the 10th of December.
Geography, Christ's, 10 December
(edited 4 years ago)
Has anyone booked college accommodation for the night of Monday 9th?

Me :smile:
Original post by andrei2001
Me :smile:

Same, what subject? And is your interview the following day?
Same, what subject? And is your interview the following day?

Geography. And yes, my interview will be on December 10. What about you?
Reply 17

I have.
Original post by andrei2001
Geography. And yes, my interview will be on December 10. What about you?

Mine’s for MML. Good luck, how are you feeling?
Mine’s for MML. Good luck, how are you feeling?

I'm nervous and excited in the same time, haha:smile:) I hope it's going to be a great experience. You?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending