The Student Room Group
To have fun.

I was involved with a Pakistani lad in uni. Knew nothing would come of it but hey we had a fantastic time!
Yolo
Reply 3
To have a good time while they can
That's just how a lot of british-born-asians are like. They respect their culture, but have western liberal influences as well so they want to have fun, experience relationships etc.

I have plenty of pakistani, indian, tamil friends who have dated, lost their virginity, gone clubbing etc against their parents' will.
Original post by Anonymous
I mean indian/ pakistani boys. I've noticed a lot of them have strict parents, and they will have girlfriends (mostly girls who aren't marriage material) when they're younger and have the time of their lives at uni etc without telling their parents about any of it, then when the time comes to settle down they find a nice girl and their parents approve, then they get married.

That's a generalisation, I'm an Indian guy and date girls outside and wouldn't dump them for an Indian girl to get married. In fact I don't even like dating Indians.
Original post by Anonymous
I mean indian/ pakistani boys. I've noticed a lot of them have strict parents, and they will have girlfriends (mostly girls who aren't marriage material) when they're younger and have the time of their lives at uni etc without telling their parents about any of it, then when the time comes to settle down they find a nice girl and their parents approve, then they get married.

Not all are like this fortunately. Think a lot it comes down to overly restrictive parents with poor communication skills. My parents are both strict and although I haven't done anything extreme like alcohol, drugs, pre-marital sex - I still have done things behind their backs that I would be uncomfortable speaking to them about because it leads to immediate judgement. I think some asian guys in particular feel like they need to 'get it out of their system' before they settle down because after marriage they wouldn't be able to do all of that.
Reply 7
They care about their culture more as they mature and want a family environment like they grew up with for their children.

Latest

Trending

Trending