The Student Room Group

Unpopular opinions guys go for it

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RareNebulas
Abortion is only morally acceptable when the mother life is in danger.

Ah is that unpopular? I always thought that was normal to value the mothers life over child ?
Why would u think it’s morally wrong ?
Original post by Itwasn’tme
Ah is that unpopular? I always thought that was normal to value the mothers life over child ?
Why would u think it’s morally wrong ?

I mean the only time I think abortion is good is when the mothers life is in danger, in every other scenario it is unjustified (imo)
- Bourbons are the most disappointing biscuit.
- Shaun the Sheep > Wallace and Gromit.
I mean the only time I think abortion is good is when the mothers life is in danger, in every other scenario it is unjustified (imo)

Ah interesting I’m not totally pro abortion but do believe there are other reasons to have it such as rape and Incest And those are the most serious others are less like some ppl aren’t ready to have kids I’ve worked with kids who’s parents (I’m sorry ) shouldn’t have had a kids because they don’t treat them they way they should but that’s my opinion
Original post by OceanBacon
- Bourbons are the most disappointing biscuit.
- Shaun the Sheep > Wallace and Gromit.

Okay what how bourbons are not disappointing at all have u tastes rich tea
Okay what how bourbons are not disappointing at all have u tastes rich tea

For a biscuit to be disappointing, it needs expectations to fail to fulfil. Rich Tea biccies do not promise anything except short-term carbohydrates and the type of domestic ennui that Damon Albarn wrote tunes about in the 90s.

But Bourbons are nominally chocolate biscuits. They don't taste of chocolate, just...faintly flavourful biscuit dough.

Wikipedia describes a bourbon cream as "consisting of two thin rectangular dark chocolate–flavoured biscuits with a chocolate buttercream filling." That promises WAAAY more than the biscuit actually provides. Custard Creams > every time.
(edited 4 years ago)
For a biscuit to be disappointing, it needs expectations to fail to fulfil. Rich Tea biccies do not promise anything except short-term carbohydrates and the type of domestic ennui that Damon Albarn wrote tunes about in the 90s.

But Bourbons are nominally chocolate biscuits. They don't taste of chocolate, just...faintly flavourful biscuit dough.

Wikipedia describes a bourbon cream as "consisting of two thin rectangular dark chocolate–flavoured biscuits with a chocolate buttercream filling." That promises WAAAY more than the biscuit actually provides. Custard Creams > every time.

True the only thing I think about when it comes to rich tea is old ppl and hospital lol

Wow ur serious about ur biscuits for sure what’s ur favourite biscuits
And please tell me u dunk them in tea otherwise it a bloody disgrace to this country
I think Riverdale is boring as hell and not original at all, its like they put all the old teenage series into one(especially pretty little liars).
I’m sorry to you riverdale fans out there ;-;
True the only thing I think about when it comes to rich tea is old ppl and hospital lol

Wow ur serious about ur biscuits for sure what’s ur favourite biscuits
And please tell me u dunk them in tea otherwise it a bloody disgrace to this country

ah hmm ok

(and yes, I think about those things with Rich Tea true)

Ginger Nuts are solid. Strong flavour, hold up well when you dunk them. But chocolate digestives always win, the combo is just too good. What about u?

those posh viennese whirls that family friends always have are absolute mint though
Original post by UGP1023
I think Riverdale is boring as hell and not original at all, its like they put all the old teenage series into one(especially pretty little liars).

Lol don’t let the fan girls get u 😂
Lol don’t let the fan girls get u 😂

I’m praying for life🙏 and I’m not even religious ;-;
ah hmm ok

(and yes, I think about those things with Rich Tea true)

Ginger Nuts are solid. Strong flavour, hold up well when you dunk them. But chocolate digestives always win, the combo is just too good. What about u?

those posh viennese whirls that family friends always have are absolute mint though

Oh dear I despise of ginger nuts 😂 my mum used to make us this ginger drink when we were ill and now I can’t stand ginger
Have to agree with digestives they are just a classic
Lol I’m going to have to go with Fox’s Viennese melts I buy them every week
Original post by UGP1023
I’m praying for life🙏 and I’m not even religious ;-;

Lol get Bible out and prayer beads because ur gonna need them
Reply 53
unpopular opinion threads are crap
Original post by gjd800
unpopular opinion threads are crap

Lol 😂
Reply 55
But privitisation promotes competition which drives innovation which Leads to increases in individual efficiency at the cost of system wide efficiency
Israel is the best country in the Middle East
Organ is the best instrument ever
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 57
Abortion is only morally acceptable when the mother life is in danger.

I also think if the child has a severe genetic defect which would horribly impact their quality of life, or if the mother has been raped. In other cases the parents should have been responsible if they “weren’t ready” or taken a morning after pill. But then again I don’t know if a foetus is really a person before 20 weeks (the limit should be lowered to this, except if the mother’s life is in danger, as 24 weeks is too late since a baby has survived younger) and overpopulation is happening 🤷*♀️

To be honest I think the main issue with abortion is the regret the parents may feel.
Reply 58
Original post by UGP1023

I actually still watch it cos I have nothing better to do and I want to know what happens 😬 I just think it’s painfully cringe.
Original post by UGP1023

Grew up on Archie comics, read thousands by this point. I watch Riverdale out of loyalty but I agree with what u said. While I think objectively it’s ok, At least it’s so crazy you never know what the hell is gonna happen next tho lol.

Quick Reply

Latest