The Student Room Group

Is my mom being very unfair/manipulative

So she keeps reading these articles and stuff about latest stabbings invooing these drug yutes. Im a reasonable good kid dont do drugs or drink ect. Ive been growing my hair our for a year now and ive been appying prosucts since its long wnough. Now its kinda defined and turns nappy at around 7pm when the leaves n turns nappy/frizzy.

She then thinks that someone is gonna mistake me for a another yute since she thinks they all have same grown out top hairstyles. And get stabbed. So shes been suggest and emotionally manipulating me trying to get me to cut my hair.

Ik im gonna look clapped with even a slightt short cut and my mates say it looks good now but she wont listen. 'Joking' shell cut it off at night.

She might stop my allowance(10 a week) and take my things if i leave it. I defo dont wanna cut it.

Is she right. She says shes my mom and i should listen but wtf its my hair man like i would never force my kids to xur their hair because relatives dont like it 2

TLDR: mom thinks my grown top curly hair is gangsta and is afraid im gonna get stabbed and wants me to cut it but i dont
Original post by Lightskinbrudda
So she keeps reading these articles and stuff about latest stabbings invooing these drug yutes. Im a reasonable good kid dont do drugs or drink ect. Ive been growing my hair our for a year now and ive been appying prosucts since its long wnough. Now its kinda defined and turns nappy at around 7pm when the leaves n turns nappy/frizzy.

She then thinks that someone is gonna mistake me for a another yute since she thinks they all have same grown out top hairstyles. And get stabbed. So shes been suggest and emotionally manipulating me trying to get me to cut my hair.

Ik im gonna look clapped with even a slightt short cut and my mates say it looks good now but she wont listen. 'Joking' shell cut it off at night.

She might stop my allowance(10 a week) and take my things if i leave it. I defo dont wanna cut it.

Is she right. She says shes my mom and i should listen but wtf its my hair man like i would never force my kids to xur their hair because relatives dont like it 2

TLDR: mom thinks my grown top curly hair is gangsta and is afraid im gonna get stabbed and wants me to cut it but i dont

...I guess she's trying to look out for you in the long run
Original post by Anonymous
...I guess she's trying to look out for you in the long run

So i should cut my hair because she doesnt like how relatives respond to it or how i 'look' like a roadman despite that i dont
She’s just worried about you. Not a bad thing.

You also mentioned she gives you an allowance, but you feel adult enough to make your own decisions? If you feel that strongly about making your own choices and being independent from her opinions then maybe you should stop accepting her allowance...
Unlike Samson, you won't lose all your strength if you cut all your hair off.

Given a choice between having my hair cut short and having my mum nagging at me, I know which I'd do.

My hair is less important to me than the feelings of those close to me.

Is your hair more important to you than your mum's feelings?
Original post by DerbyDelilah
She’s just worried about you. Not a bad thing.

You also mentioned she gives you an allowance, but you feel adult enough to make your own decisions? If you feel that strongly about making your own choices and being independent from her opinions then maybe you should stop accepting her allowance...

theres a diff between looking out and being selfish. 80% of why she wants me to cut my hair is because she cares what people think. now u probs think my hairs a jungle. no its like 4 inches long. curled so its even shorter than straight hair thats left for a year. i regulary trim sides so its healthy. take care of it EVERYDAY. condition it shampoo, creams ect. the whole day its nice and moisturized but at night it turns all tight and doesnt look the best.

idk maybe i might be able to cut my allowances but she'll just say no you need it or carry on nagging me.
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
Unlike Samson, you won't lose all your strength if you cut all your hair off.

Given a choice between having my hair cut short and having my mum nagging at me, I know which I'd do.

My hair is less important to me than the feelings of those close to me.

Is your hair more important to you than your mum's feelings?

my whole life i've listened to her. instead of buying trackies and air forces like all my mates in secondary did i just stuck to what she felt was good for winter and stuff. until year 10 she gave me home haircuts. but i decided i wanna be a person whos independant. however im only 16 so i need that 10 a week. i get a bursary of 60 every 3 months but that doesnt cut it ect. i could live without the allowance but i dont work. and if i wanted to work she'd say focus on your a levels i'll give u allowance ect.

to a teenage guy whos in a generation where looks is an important factor my hair is my most important feature. it either makes me look good or bad. cant rock the short cut because my head shape will look bad like my old pictures. nobody has every said i need to cut my hair ffs.

i could take the nagging but she'll just realize idc what she says and probs end up cutting it once i leave it out. however since im turning 17 soon i may get away with it since my dad doesnt mind
Meh, she prob has a point if folk thinks you look like a thug, the considerate thing to do would be to cut your hair.
Original post by StriderHort
Meh, she prob has a point if folk thinks you look like a thug, the considerate thing to do would be to cut your hair.

thing is. nobody thinks im a thug. she just assumes. people have way long hair than me with my same type and dont get mistaken for ****. she reads 1 article about gang **** and she assumes wtf she wants

i'd cut it if other people told me i looked like a thug but its literally fashion. all my mates left their hair top but no she wants me to be a mommys boy and let her choose whats 'best for me'
(edited 4 years ago)
every1 wondering what my hair looks like

https://africanamericanhairstyling.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Cool-medium-curly-hairstyles-for-black-men-3.jpg

maybe a little less but very similar.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending