The Student Room Group

Anyone else think Dominos Pizza has gone downhill

Past few occassions I've had a dominos pizza I have had a really bad stomach for a day after, personally I am thinking Dominos has gone downhill, does anyone else think so as well?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rock Fan
Past few occassions I've had a dominos pizza I have had a really bad stomach for a day after, personally I am thinking Dominos has gone downhill, does anyone else think so as well?

No.
Original post by Rock Fan

Are you saying you don’t like the taste or texture of the pizzas anymore? Because it seems you are implying you think it’s gone downhill because you felt sick on a couple of occasions after ordering from there - it may not necessarily be the pizza. It may be individual cases of stomach bug or some food poisoning caught from that chain from poor staff practice?
Personally I love Dominos but it’s true the prices are becoming steeper - ughh.
What do you mean gone downhill? It was always overpriced crap
Original post by itscourtchicks
Are you saying you don’t like the taste or texture of the pizzas anymore? Because it seems you are implying you think it’s gone downhill because you felt sick on a couple of occasions after ordering from there - it may not necessarily be the pizza. It may be individual cases of stomach bug or some food poisoning caught from that chain from poor staff practice?
Personally I love Dominos but it’s true the prices are becoming steeper - ughh.

Must admit as well I have not enjoyed it as much anyway, used to love having a dominos but something doesn't seem right anymore, meh maybe it's just my local dominos.
Reply 5
yeah, I had one in 2007 and never went back

Could go the Kurdish place next door and get 3x as much for the same price ha
ditto, long disliked them, and i'll eat almost any old crap.
Reply 7
Perhaps the local management has changed. You can try a different local dominoes store.
They're generally disgusting, i feel awful after eating one and the next morning i feel terrible too. Way too much grease and fat on them.
I've always liked it and haven't noticed a difference, but then again I live on junk/processed food so what would I know
Have never had dominos so idk, we have flyers for it all the time through the door and am always surprised at how expensive it is. One of the ones that came through recently was £24.99, i can get my groceries in for less than that
I've always found Dominos to be overpriced and not that great quality. Don't really get why they're so popular, especially when you can get better pizza for a lot less.
As others have said, while the pizza is generally quite nice, the price-tag they put on them is way too steep for what you get.
Reply 13
Original post by CoolCavy
Have never had dominos so idk, we have flyers for it all the time through the door and am always surprised at how expensive it is. One of the ones that came through recently was £24.99, i can get my groceries in for less than that

Original post by CTLeafez
As others have said, while the pizza is generally quite nice, the price-tag they put on them is way too steep for what you get.

There are always deals/vouchers so you can get 50% off. Then the price is a bit more reasonable.
Reply 14
I don’t have Dominos much but it seems to be the same as it’s always been. What has gone downhill IMO is KFC - their chips are awful.
Reply 15
Dominos I haven't had for ages as it's too salty and keeps me awake at night :rofl: Couldn't comment on downhill as my local was always terrible.

Original post by Sir Cumference
I don’t have Dominos much but it seems to be the same as it’s always been. What has gone downhill IMO is KFC - their chips are awful.

Also find with KFC the food is never "hot" - chicken always feels like it has sat there for a good few minutes before I get it :frown:
Yes. I wanted to order a medium pizza and was willing to pay for it. The loser over the till forced me to order the cheapest option, maybe because she wanted to go home early or whatever. She said 10 minutes. I look at the screen and said my order would be in 20 minutes. I never picked up the pizza, so I hope they can handle the clean up or have a pizza on me. Just didn't serve it because they hadn't convinced me to pick it up. I don't mind giving money for pretty waitresses but don't give me crap service like trying hard to impress me and give me more crap service. I don't want to go back there.
I wouldn't know as have mever had pizza from Dominoes before :eek:
I'd like to know if there is a single British born person, or native English speaker, working in a Dominos Pizza in the UK? Most of the time, if you try to order anything slightly different from what is on the menu, they just look at you blankly as if there's something wrong with you. This isn't a race thing - it's a practicality thing.

As for the food, it's pretty gross. The logical conclusion of taking something delicious like a pizza and commoditising it to the point that it barely resembles the original thing.
Haven't bothered with it in ages, costs a good 30 quid to feed me and my partner. My local takeaway has a deal for two large pizzas, two chips and coleslaw all for a tenner. Tastes a lot better than Dominoes too. :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest