The Student Room Group

what do you get wealthy parents for xmas?

if you're a child of parents who basically have everything, no mortgage, no worry at all about outgoings...

what do you get them at xmas? what do they expect?

Scroll to see replies

something personal that shows you put some thought into what they like/are interested in, or something quirky. It does not have to be expensive.
Reply 2
I don’t think it really matters how wealthy they are. The whole point of a gift is that it comes from you and that’s why it should bear a special meaning and I’m sure they’ll appreciate whatever you give them. Having said that, I’d say get them a new sports car.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by bixol
Having said that, I’d say get them a new sports car.

kids don't have access to that amount of cash (in this particular hypothetical situation) :wink:
Original post by Anonymous
if you're a child of parents who basically have everything, no mortgage, no worry at all about outgoings...

Something they will enjoy like a voucher for afternoon tea or a nice vase or Chrismas table decoration
Original post by harrysbar
Something they will enjoy like a voucher for afternoon tea or a nice vase or Chrismas table decoration

Know your parents! If my DD bought me any of these I would be somewhat disappointed :smile: I would, of course, smile and say lovely things but inside I would be wondering who she had confused me with.
Personally I’m taking my mother out for a spa day in London. And giving my dad an activity asw
Something like a personal gift
The gift that keeps on giving - me!

Its not really about financially value anyway, I got my mum a custom made painting of a pet once. Still think this means more to her then when i bought her a bottle of her favourite Channel number (despite that being more usable & expensive).
A generous life insurance policy.
Maybe something meaningful / has memories attached to it? No matter how wealthy they are, they will have emotion and will appreciate the sentiment. Their happiness with your present will most likely be measure by how much effort you put into it! :yep:
Personally I’m taking my mother out for a spa day in London. And giving my dad an activity asw

A spa day is a lovely gift - but pricey for some but a good chance for a bit of bonding
Reply 13
Maybe the gift of time more than anything else, showing you care. You could as an example make a voucher up of a menu that they would love and that they can redeem with you for you to prepare, cook, serve and clear up for them on a date you all agree as mutually convenient. If you're clever with the menu you should be able to prepare starter & dessert before and so really only have to cook the main course.
Original post by ReadingMum
Know your parents! If my DD bought me any of these I would be somewhat disappointed :smile: I would, of course, smile and say lovely things but inside I would be wondering who she had confused me with.

What about if the afternoon tea included a glass of champagne, interested now?
that's really thoughtful of you. your parents brought you up well
Definitely like an experience such as the spa, or a sporting event, a day at the theater maybe ??

Your time.
Original post by harrysbar
A spa day is a lovely gift - but pricey for some but a good chance for a bit of bonding

Right here we are talking about wealthy parents.
Right here we are talking about wealthy parents.

And wealthy kids if they can afford a spa day

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending