The Student Room Group

Unpopular opinions guys go for it

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Omertà
ok the Nutella wasn't bad but bueno, who were you raised by??? juice heads

Haha, i just find it overrated, there is a big hype about nothing
Original post by Itwasn’tme
Oh dear I despise of ginger nuts 😂 my mum used to make us this ginger drink when we were ill and now I can’t stand ginger
Have to agree with digestives they are just a classic
Lol I’m going to have to go with Fox’s Viennese melts I buy them every week

ah sorry about that. Digestives are good though. those Fox's Viennese melts are really good, they're great
Original post by OceanBacon
ah sorry about that. Digestives are good though. those Fox's Viennese melts are really good, they're great

Ah that’s fine and yeah fox’s are amazing love a good jam biscuit too
Original post by Emiluu
I also think if the child has a severe genetic defect which would horribly impact their quality of life, or if the mother has been raped. In other cases the parents should have been responsible if they “weren’t ready” or taken a morning after pill. But then again I don’t know if a foetus is really a person before 20 weeks (the limit should be lowered to this, except if the mother’s life is in danger, as 24 weeks is too late since a baby has survived younger) and overpopulation is happening 🤷*♀️

To be honest I think the main issue with abortion is the regret the parents may feel.

So should we kill all disabled people as they may not have the same quality of life?
Why should we kill a child for a crime they did not commit?
Why should we kill a child for someone's irresponsible decision when there are plenty of infertile couples searching for a child?
The feotus can feel pain at 15 weeks has a heart beat at 3 weeks and has all it major organs, it can suck its thumb and move about. not to mention the fact that viability can vary and as technology advances the viability threshold could get even lower. Should we lower the law as the tech progresses?
Should we let children in africa die of starvation? After all overpopulation is happening 🤷*♀️
Original post by Itwasn’tme
Ah interesting I’m not totally pro abortion but do believe there are other reasons to have it such as rape and Incest And those are the most serious others are less like some ppl aren’t ready to have kids I’ve worked with kids who’s parents (I’m sorry ) shouldn’t have had a kids because they don’t treat them they way they should but that’s my opinion

imo the kid shouldnt be killed for a crime they didnt commit and just because people are bad parents doesn't mean that we should kill their child
Original post by RareNebulas
imo the kid shouldnt be killed for a crime they didnt commit and just because people are bad parents doesn't mean that we should kill their child

Its a bit hard to kill something that has never been born🤷*♀️
Original post by UGP1023
Its a bit hard to kill something that has never been born🤷*♀️

yeah but imo I think its alive and technically speaking abortion is the killing of a fetus
yeah but imo I think its alive and technically speaking abortion is the killing of a fetus

Technically speaking a fetus is the collection of human cells. it’s like saying you can’t amputate a leg(which is also just a collection of human cells)because it’s murder🤷*♀️
The majority of drugs should be decriminalised and controlled to limit the deaths on these drugs and ensure safe drug-taking.
Original post by UGP1023
Technically speaking a fetus is the collection of human cells. it’s like saying you can’t amputate a leg(which is also just a collection of human cells)because it’s murder🤷*♀️

technically you're just a collection of human cells. By 3 weeks a babys organs are fully developed not to mention the fact the child isnt your leg it's an individual with it's own body and dna. if you want to cut of your leg go for it just dont kill the kid
Original post by OceanBacon
For a biscuit to be disappointing, it needs expectations to fail to fulfil. Rich Tea biccies do not promise anything except short-term carbohydrates and the type of domestic ennui that Damon Albarn wrote tunes about in the 90s.

But Bourbons are nominally chocolate biscuits. They don't taste of chocolate, just...faintly flavourful biscuit dough.

Wikipedia describes a bourbon cream as "consisting of two thin rectangular dark chocolate–flavoured biscuits with a chocolate buttercream filling." That promises WAAAY more than the biscuit actually provides. Custard Creams > every time.

Agree
technically you're just a collection of human cells. By 3 weeks a babys organs are fully developed not to mention the fact the child isnt your leg it's an individual with it's own body and dna. if you want to cut of your leg go for it just dont kill the kid

But it’s not a kid it’s a fetus. There is a huge huge difference. And I cant comprehend why people can’t understand that🤷*♀️
Pro-life people also seem to think that an abortion is an everyday totally casual thing, it’s a tough decision but something that just sometimes needs to be made, for different reasons which doesn’t concern anybody except the mother.
Original post by UGP1023
But it’s not a kid it’s a fetus. There is a huge huge difference. And I cant comprehend why people can’t understand that🤷*♀️
Pro-life people also seem to think that an abortion is an everyday totally casual thing, it’s a tough decision but something that just sometimes needs to be made, for different reasons which doesn’t concern anybody except the mother.

But there is not a huge difference if you can list a like 5 for me then i will probably change my view, just imo that fetus is alive and does not deserve the death penalty it can even react to stimuli in the 1st trimester the only difference is size. To address you're second point while you're mostly right however the decision is beyond the mother, what about the father? it's his child too except only the mum has the option to kill it. what about the baby I'm sure it doesn't want to die. In addition for many people due to the normalization of abortion it has become a casual thing my mother as part of her nursing training witnessed an abortion from a mother who had 4 previous abortions, after all if it's not living why not kill the kids amirite? Furthermore whilst there are a variety of reasons for why people abort what is wrong with adoption? seriously 1/10 of us are infertile, and in the US there are 1.2 million families searching for child yet here we are killing them why not give it to some of these people.
But there is not a huge difference if you can list a like 5 for me then i will probably change my view, just imo that fetus is alive and does not deserve the death penalty it can even react to stimuli in the 1st trimester the only difference is size. To address you're second point while you're mostly right however the decision is beyond the mother, what about the father? it's his child too except only the mum has the option to kill it. what about the baby I'm sure it doesn't want to die. In addition for many people due to the normalization of abortion it has become a casual thing my mother as part of her nursing training witnessed an abortion from a mother who had 4 previous abortions, after all if it's not living why not kill the kids amirite? Furthermore whilst there are a variety of reasons for why people abort what is wrong with adoption? seriously 1/10 of us are infertile, and in the US there are 1.2 million families searching for child yet here we are killing them why not give it to some of these people.

I’m sorry but I do definitely not agree with that the only difference between a fetus and a child is the size.
I do agree with that the father has a say in what’s gonna happen to the child but if their opinions are different then the last say should come to the mother cause she has the right to do what she wants with her body.
The fetus doesn’t know that it doesn’t want to die because it can’t think or feel.
I do however agree with your point about the one who had 4previous aborts, they need to seriously think about what they are doing and start using protection instead of abortion, abortion should not be a casual thing like condoms and pills.
And according to the adoption one, some people choose to do that and some do not it is not my place to tell them to adopt the child away or to get an abortion. It is their own choice, their own body and I don’t have the right to tell than what to do with their life or the future life of the fetus
Original post by UGP1023
I’m sorry but I do definitely not agree with that the only difference between a fetus and a child is the size.
I do agree with that the father has a say in what’s gonna happen to the child but if their opinions are different then the last say should come to the mother cause she has the right to do what she wants with her body.
The fetus doesn’t know that it doesn’t want to die because it can’t think or feel.
I do however agree with your point about the one who had 4previous aborts, they need to seriously think about what they are doing and start using protection instead of abortion, abortion should not be a casual thing like condoms and pills.
And according to the adoption one, some people choose to do that and some do not it is not my place to tell them to adopt the child away or to get an abortion. It is their own choice, their own body and I don’t have the right to tell than what to do with their life or the future life of the fetus

But then what other differences are there that creates the 'huge huge difference'?
If someone is in a coma for let's say... 9 months should that warrant the killing of that person purely on the fact they cant think or feel?
At least we found some common ground 😁
But how can you defend a choice which is killing a human? That shouldnt be the mothers choice to kill their own child, using you're line of argument as we are all responsible for our decisions why not live in anarchy? after all who has the right to say what we can or cant do even if its wrong?
But then what other differences are there that creates the 'huge huge difference'?
If someone is in a coma for let's say... 9 months should that warrant the killing of that person purely on the fact they cant think or feel?
At least we found some common ground 😁
But how can you defend a choice which is killing a human? That shouldnt be the mothers choice to kill their own child, using you're line of argument as we are all responsible for our decisions why not live in anarchy? after all who has the right to say what we can or cant do even if its wrong?

Yes I’m happy that we finally had something we could agree on😂
The person in a coma is still a living person, we don’t have the right to choose what to do with someone’s body, exactly as we don’t have the right to choose for the mother what she should do with her body. The person in a coma is still alive and has an identity whereas the fetus is just that, a fetus.
The reason why we can’t agree on the last part is because we think differently on what defines a human, according to myself is that I don’t see a fetus as a human being, I see it as a clump if cells that has the potential to develop into a human but hasn’t done so yet. I do not think of abortion as killing a child, that is why there is a limit to when it is too late to get one, because the fetus is close to developing into a human child but hasn’t yet.
Original post by UGP1023
Yes I’m happy that we finally had something we could agree on😂
The person in a coma is still a living person, we don’t have the right to choose what to do with someone’s body, exactly as we don’t have the right to choose for the mother what she should do with her body. The person in a coma is still alive and has an identity whereas the fetus is just that, a fetus.
The reason why we can’t agree on the last part is because we think differently on what defines a human, according to myself is that I don’t see a fetus as a human being, I see it as a clump if cells that has the potential to develop into a human but hasn’t done so yet. I do not think of abortion as killing a child, that is why there is a limit to when it is too late to get one, because the fetus is close to developing into a human child but hasn’t yet.

But imo the fetus is a living person with it's own bodily autonomy. We will just go round in circles because I have a different definition of life. But I will try one more time to convince you its alive 😂. If we found life on mars would you only class it as life if it was a sentient organism or if it was 1 bacterial cell?
But imo the fetus is a living person with it's own bodily autonomy. We will just go round in circles because I have a different definition of life. But I will try one more time to convince you its alive 😂. If we found life on mars would you only class it as life if it was a sentient organism or if it was 1 bacterial cell?

We are just going in circles now😂
If there was found a single bacterial cell I would think that there is full potential for life or there may have been something living but I wouldn’t classified as a living being.

But I don’t really mind this anymore I mean we have different opinions and so be it☺️ it doesn’t matter that we think differently, just that we respect each other’s views even though they aren’t the same, and I can see what you mean and I do respect your opinion I just don’t agree with it, and you don’t agree with mine and that’s okay😁
(edited 4 years ago)
I don't understand the obsession with K-POP.
Original post by UGP1023
We are just going in circles now😂
If there was found a single bacterial cell I would think that there is full potential for life or there may have been something living but I wouldn’t classified as a living being.

But I don’t really mind this anymore I mean we have different opinions and so be it☺️ it doesn’t matter that we think differently, just that we respect each other’s views even though they aren’t the same, and I can see what you mean and I do respect your opinion I just don’t agree with it, and you don’t agree with mine and that’s okay😁

yeah I hope you better understand the prolife argument now. I hope you have a great day 😁

Quick Reply

Latest