The Student Room Group

Leaving education for Marriage

Ive been debating this topic for a while, my family want me to leave education because clearly i aint preforming in my subjects. they think the best resort for it is to send me to my home land and get married to become a house wife. although this is tempting i would much rather marry someone whose not from my home land and is rich. Opinions?
p.s. if your 6FT and have a couple £100,000 in your bank hit me up

Scroll to see replies

I would never give up my education for marriage but tbf its sound your culture is slightly different and in the western world in in the 21st century you can have both. My fiance would never ask me to give up my education and if we had decided to marry in uni it would have made little difference to us finishing our degrees. Good luck finding your tall, rich guy.
I think only you know if this is what you want to do. If you would rather stay here maybe try harder at education
Reply 3
Hold on tight, I’ll get back to you in couple of years
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by hippieglitter
I would never give up my education for marriage but tbf its sound your culture is slightly different and in the western world in in the 21st century you can have both. My fiance would never ask me to give up my education and if we had decided to marry in uni it would have made little difference to us finishing our degrees. Good luck finding your tall, rich guy.

In my culture we marry our cousins, yet this is not a problem for me the language would be, as they have a strong pakistani accent. how did you find your partner if you dont mind me asking.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
I think only you know if this is what you want to do. If you would rather stay here maybe try harder at education

Would you be able to help me?
In my culture we marry our cousins, yet this is not a problem for me the language would be, as they have a strong pakistani accent. how did you find your partner if you dont mind me asking.

We met at uni, lived in the same hall in first year. I don't recall spending a single night in my own room since we got together. Again it seems to be a culture barrier, I know it happens but i don't think i could find a British person who would willingly marry their cousin.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by grKiro
Hold on tight, I’ll get back to you in couple of years

private message me please
Reply 8
Original post by hippieglitter
We met at uni, lived the same hall in first year. I don't recall spending a single night in my own room since we got together.

i hope i have something like that with my cousin im being forced to marry
What would happen if you got divorced? You'd have nothing.

Get an education first and then get married. You need to focus on yourself first.
Original post by sharksies
What would happen if you got divorced? You'd have nothing.

Get an education first and then get married. You need to focus on yourself first.

You smart, what are your plans in the future?
You smart, what are your plans in the future?

I'm in a steady relationship right now but I want to get into uni and finish it before I even think about proposing.
Ive been debating this topic for a while, my family want me to leave education because clearly i aint preforming in my subjects. they think the best resort for it is to send me to my home land and get married to become a house wife. although this is tempting i would much rather marry someone whose not from my home land and is rich. Opinions?
p.s. if your 6FT and have a couple £100,000 in your bank hit me up

Jesus no. Start working. Men value education. He will use it as an excuse to divorce you in a few years.

I gave up a lot for my first husband. Put my career on hold and helped him to move up the ladder. He left me for a wh**e who dangled her younger body in front of him. I wish I had worked harder at school and made my own way. Don't do something you will regret later
I'm in a steady relationship right now but I want to get into uni and finish it before I even think about proposing.

so what are you doing right now, and do you see a future with your partner.
Original post by squeakysquirrel
Jesus no. Start working. Men value education. He will use it as an excuse to divorce you in a few years.

I gave up a lot for my first husband. Put my career on hold and helped him to move up the ladder. He left me for a wh**e who dangled her younger body in front of him. I wish I had worked harder at school and made my own way. Don't do something you will regret later

thats sad to hear, what are you doing now if you dont mind me asking
so what are you doing right now, and do you see a future with your partner.

I'm doing a HND in television. In my second year now.

I do see a future, but I need to get my mental illnesses under control because I tend to accidentally snap at him a lot.
I'm doing a HND in television. In my second year now.

I do see a future, but I need to get my mental illnesses under control because I tend to accidentally snap at him a lot.

i hope it works out for you x
i hope it works out for you x

Thank you.

I'm sure you'll be able to work it through. I know school is tough but it's good to have education and a job to give you something to do for a while.
thats sad to hear, what are you doing now if you dont mind me asking

Working hard. He took our joint pension and left me with just a property to let out. I was so naive. Don't become me. By all means get married but don't don't don't vecomevthe dutiful wife.
Thank you.

I'm sure you'll be able to work it through. I know school is tough but it's good to have education and a job to give you something to do for a while.

what if i just get married and do it after?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending