The Student Room Group

Wrongly kicked out of a club: is it worth complaining/following up on it?

I got kicked out of a club for 'attempting to steal' whilst I was at the bar; I was leaning on the bar and the bartender told me to 'not try it or I'll get kicked out', to which I replied 'what are you talking about?', after which she left.
Few minutes later a bouncer takes me out of the club and on the way out he says I can explain myself outside, so i don't make a fuss. I'm attempting to talk to the bouncers but they keep telling me to 'f**k off' and leave, and they told me that I was trying to steal. The bouncers refused to talk to me like a normal person, after which I found a manager who said that 'it's not worth talking to them and it's best just to come back next week and hope they don't remember you', and that he couldn't do anything about it.

I got super pissed off bc: a) I didn't do anything, b) I'd just paid a lot for tickets and drinks and c) I've been pretty loyal to this club for a while.

What should I do?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I got kicked out of a club for 'attempting to steal' whilst I was at the bar; I was leaning on the bar and the bartender told me to 'not try it or I'll get kicked out', to which I replied 'what are you talking about?', after which she left.
Few minutes later a bouncer takes me out of the club and on the way out he says I can explain myself outside, so i don't make a fuss. I'm attempting to talk to the bouncers but they keep telling me to 'f**k off' and leave, and they told me that I was trying to steal. The bouncers refused to talk to me like a normal person, after which I found a manager who said that 'it's not worth talking to them and it's best just to come back next week and hope they don't remember you', and that he couldn't do anything about it.

I got super pissed off bc: a) I didn't do anything, b) I'd just paid a lot for tickets and drinks and c) I've been pretty loyal to this club for a while.

What should I do?

You're sort of suggesting here that it might have been worth trying to make a reasoned argument with a bouncer who'd just kicked you out...

I'm sure there's other clubs in your area you can go to? Or, as the lady said, just go back next week and they probably won't remember you anyway if you didn't make a big fuss the first time. I understand you're feeling aggrieved, but you're not going to get anywhere complaining, regardless of who's right and who's wrong, so what's the point?
Bouncer's are almost always ****s on a power trip, little point complaining but you can leave a ****ty review on Google if it makes you feel better.
So the barstaff felt the need to give you a warning....then follow it up with a request for ejection for no reason at all?
Just leave it a week and don't draw attention to yourself and it'll be fine. Some bouncers have a power trip complex.
Dunno why folk are having a go at the bouncers, they've been responding to a request from barstaff and OP wasn't physically harmed, if OP had been drinking then they can't expect anyone to take them seriously.
Original post by StriderHort
Dunno why folk are having a go at the bouncers, they've been responding to a request from barstaff and OP wasn't physically harmed, if OP had been drinking then they can't expect anyone to take them seriously.

Probably because most people have had a bad experience with bouncers at some point and can completely understand how they act.
So the barstaff felt the need to give you a warning....then follow it up with a request for ejection for no reason at all?

Agreed. I'm not buying the OP's leaning story. I find it hard to believe that you can accidentally lean in a way that puts the staff on edge and there's no way leaning normally would do that. Sounds like the OP was trying it on but got caught before they could nab some free drinks.
Original post by DiddyDecAlt
Probably because most people have had a bad experience with bouncers at some point and can completely understand how they act.

Well yeah, but i've had 100's of experiences where they've been fine and several where they've been downright helpful *shrug*

Either the OP has been acting suspiciously or the barstaff have made a mistake, what else are the bouncers expected to do but put them out?
Well yeah, but i've had 100's of experiences where they've been fine and several where they've been downright helpful *shrug*

Either the OP has been acting suspiciously or the barstaff have made a mistake, what else are the bouncers expected to do but put them out?

Perhaps they could try having an adult conversation.

What should I do?

Their club. They have a right to remove anybody they decide they don't like the look of. As other poster said.... move on
Go elsewhere?
Reply 12
Get on with it. They can eject anyone without a reason anyway

Dunno what the craic is re slating bouncers. I am a seasoned boozer (all over Europe) and I have only ever had one run-in with doorstaff. Mad
Original post by DiddyDecAlt
Perhaps they could try having an adult conversation.

Would be nice certainly, but I think you're misunderstanding their role. They're not going to arbitrate between you and the barstaff, they'll act on what the barstaff tell them, that's it. If they've been told to chuck you out as a thief, they will. You are no longer a customer but a threat to remove at speed.

Again, it was the barstaff that decided OP was stealing, not the bouncers, and I still find it hard to believe the barstaff challenged them, then took an issue further for no reason whatsoever.

* Just asked a club chargehand, apparently the idea of bouncers taking a punters side over barstaff is hilarious.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by gjd800

Dunno what the craic is re slating bouncers. I am a seasoned boozer (all over Europe) and I have only ever had one run-in with doorstaff. Mad

I totally second this. I've found by making eye contact with them and saying 'evening' when you go in, and not acting like some twát whilst your in there, the bouncers don't even figure in my evening.
Reply 15
Original post by Reality Check
I totally second this. I've found by making eye contact with them and saying 'evening' when you go in, and not acting like some twát whilst your in there, the bouncers don't even figure in my evening.

Yeah, it's easy!

What should I do?

Realistically there is only one course of action, anything else is futile - you need to buy the club and sack that b.

You can then install reclining bar stools at the bar so people can lean in comfort.

If she tries to sue you for unfair dismissal, post here for more advice - someone here will know what to do.
Original post by gjd800

yeah this is my first time having an issue anywhere ever - i've defo noticed that they're power abusers but i always just cooperate bc otherwise you can easily run into trouble

yes - and in between this time I bought drinks
Original post by TheMcSame
Agreed. I'm not buying the OP's leaning story. I find it hard to believe that you can accidentally lean in a way that puts the staff on edge and there's no way leaning normally would do that. Sounds like the OP was trying it on but got caught before they could nab some free drinks.

i was leaning on the bar; looking at the bar. i'm not trying to sell you a story on tsr, i'm asking for advice and if there's anything i can do

Latest

Trending

Trending