The Student Room Group

BTEC - General Chat Thread

:hi: Welcome to the BTEC Chat Thread! :gah:

Talk about your course, your weekend, your hobbies - absolutely anything!

Let's all get to know each other :yes:
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by brainzistheword

Oo exciting!

I’m doing an extended diploma, year 12 student. My weekend was super hectic as I was studying for my mocks tomorrow.
Original post by Hazzabear
Oo exciting!

I’m doing an extended diploma, year 12 student. My weekend was super hectic as I was studying for my mocks tomorrow.

Good luck with your mocks! I'm sure you'll be amazing :biggrin:

What is your extended diploma in? :smile:
Reply 3

:ciao:
I'm doing an Extended Diploma in Computing (year 12). I recently completed my assignment with over 7,000 words. Now I am preparing for mock exams. I also need to make a huge assignment on computer architecture. My hobby is doing maths in free time, and also programming. Now I’m thinking about whether I should do A level maths; since I really enjoy doing maths.:beard:
Original post by maven2k
:ciao:
I'm doing an Extended Diploma in Computing (year 12). I recently completed my assignment with over 7,000 words. Now I am preparing for mock exams. I also need to make a huge assignment on computer architecture. My hobby is doing maths in free time, and also programming. Now I’m thinking about whether I should do A level maths; since I really enjoy doing maths.:beard:

Amazing! What programming languages do you know?

Good luck with your mock exams - do you feel prepared? :smile:
Reply 5
Amazing! What programming languages do you know?

Good luck with your mock exams - do you feel prepared? :smile:

Python, but on a basic level.:colondollar: I would say I’m not ready for the mock, just because I didn't revise that much.:smile:
Original post by maven2k
Python, but on a basic level.:colondollar: I would say I’m not ready for the mock, just because I didn't revise that much.:smile:

I admire anyone who knows any form of programming language! It's something I've always wanted to learn but just never got round to it :colondollar:

I'm sure you'll do great in your mocks. When do they start? :smile:
Reply 7
I admire anyone who knows any form of programming language! It's something I've always wanted to learn but just never got round to it :colondollar:

I'm sure you'll do great in your mocks. When do they start? :smile:

Less than 2 weeks :smile:
Heyyyy, anybody doing second year of business studies by any chance? :biggrin:
I've actually been thoroughly enjoying this course however the workload this year is wack, so much revision to do and so many assignments.
Second year of IT here. I can't wait to finish and go to uni lol.
Original post by maven2k
Less than 2 weeks :smile:

Good luck! Hopefully you can squeeze some more revision in before then :smile:
Original post by LeMetalhead
Heyyyy, anybody doing second year of business studies by any chance? :biggrin:
I've actually been thoroughly enjoying this course however the workload this year is wack, so much revision to do and so many assignments.

You can do it! :dumbells: Which units are you studying this year? :smile:
Original post by ImQffline
Second year of IT here. I can't wait to finish and go to uni lol.

Great! Are you enjoying your course? :smile:

What are you hoping to study at uni?
I did a BTEC level 3 Extended Diploma in Applied Science (Got D*D*D*). Got into the University of Sheffield for Civil Engineering but declined it. Im now studying at the University of Leeds doing Diagnostic Radiography. If anyone has any questions for me I'm willing to help out with anything.
You can do it! :dumbells: Which units are you studying this year? :smile:

Great! Are you enjoying your course? :smile:

What are you hoping to study at uni?

I'm enjoying the course, but I'm ready to move on! I want to study cyber security.
Hey I did a BTEC level 3 Extended Diploma in Business. I got offers form Uni of Durham, Uni of York and Uni of Leeds, however I went to study PPE at Warwick. If anyone has any questions about your options after college, I'm willing to help out with anything :smile:
Original post by Micheal98
Hey I did a BTEC level 3 Extended Diploma in Business. I got offers form Uni of Durham, Uni of York and Uni of Leeds, however I went to study PPE at Warwick. If anyone has any questions about your options after college, I'm willing to help out with anything :smile:

Why Warwick over Leeds?
Original post by craftywizardboy
I did a BTEC level 3 Extended Diploma in Applied Science (Got D*D*D*). Got into the University of Sheffield for Civil Engineering but declined it. Im now studying at the University of Leeds doing Diagnostic Radiography. If anyone has any questions for me I'm willing to help out with anything.

Congratulations! What made you pick Radiography over Engineering? :smile:
Original post by ImQffline
I'm enjoying the course, but I'm ready to move on! I want to study cyber security.

That's fair enough. Cyber security is a great area to get into! Any idea where you'd like to study?
Original post by Micheal98

Fantastic to hear you got into university. How did you find your BTEC course? :smile:

That's fair enough. Cyber security is a great area to get into! Any idea where you'd like to study?

Fantastic to hear you got into university. How did you find your BTEC course? :smile:

I want to go to Coventry. I had an offer from them the other day. :smile:

I did work experience in both areas and I came to the realisation that I preferred being in a hospital setting rather than a corporate environment. There's a camaraderie amongst the Radiographers now that I've been on placements across Leeds, it is absolutely enjoyable and there's always a guaranteed job at the end of the course.
hey
i’m a year13 student currently studying btec level 3 applied science. i’ve applied for diagnostic radiography at the university of leeds. i’ve heard back from 3 universities and completed 2 interviews. my third one is next week. i haven’t heard anything from leeds yet. how long did they take to get back to you and did you have an interview first or did you just get an offer straight away ?
Original post by craftywizardboy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending