The Student Room Group

Is there a way of redoing a piece of work?

So I'm having a bit of difficulty writing this piece of my assignment, the context is challenging for me and don't really know what I'm writing about due to the lack of guidance we've been given. The work is due on Friday and I'd say I've finished it but I know the work is so bad and I just wrote a load of nonsense so I could relax. I've never felt this way about a particular piece of work and all my assignments I get are grade C onwards. I think this assignment will be at such a poor grade.
Anyways do you think I would be able to redo this work and get an extended deadline?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by commentsection
So I'm having a bit of difficulty writing this piece of my assignment, the context is challenging for me and don't really know what I'm writing about due to the lack of guidance we've been given. The work is due this week and I'd say I've finished it but I know the work is so bad and I just wrote a load of nonsense so I could relax. I've never felt this way about a particular piece of work and all my assignments I get are grade C onwards. I think this assignment will be at such a poor grade. Anyways do you think I would be able to redo this work and get an extended deadline? The work is due on Friday...
if so? How should I go about it?

Have you gone to your lecturer's office hours and asked for more guidance? Have you asked your university's study skills department for advice? Shoving your head in the sand isn't going to help, so you need to be proactive about seeking advice.

You won't get an extension purely because you find the topic challenging. You would only be able to redo the work if you failed your first attempt, but your second attempt would be capped at 40% without mitigating circumstances.

You have time to improve the work you've written, if you seek help and apply any feedback you're given.
Original post by PhoenixFortune
Have you gone to your lecturer's office hours and asked for more guidance? Have you asked your university's study skills department for advice? Shoving your head in the sand isn't going to help, so you need to be proactive about seeking advice.

You won't get an extension purely because you find the topic challenging. You would only be able to redo the work if you failed your first attempt, but your second attempt would be capped at 40% without mitigating circumstances.

You have time to improve the work you've written, if you seek help and apply any feedback you're given.

Thanks for your advice. I emailed my lecturer and explained my challenges. He's provided me with some advice/comments to improve my work. Going to take this on board and finalise it.
Original post by commentsection
So I'm having a bit of difficulty writing this piece of my assignment, the context is challenging for me and don't really know what I'm writing about due to the lack of guidance we've been given. The work is due on Friday and I'd say I've finished it but I know the work is so bad and I just wrote a load of nonsense so I could relax. I've never felt this way about a particular piece of work and all my assignments I get are grade C onwards. I think this assignment will be at such a poor grade.
Anyways do you think I would be able to redo this work and get an extended deadline?

Just contact the tutor and ask for an extended deadline. Give them a good reason. Your department may have an official procedure for marked work or just assignments then you need the consent of the tutor. You havent explained enough, but go for the extension tomorrow.

Quick Reply

Latest