The Student Room Group

Can I flirt with/ ask for his number at work

So there’s this guy I have to ring occasionally. And I absolutely adore his voice and personality... now I have no idea whether he’s single what not or anything but I really want to get his number or something because I’m leaving my job soon. What do I do? Can I ask for his number straight out. Bare in mind I’m on the work phone and everytime I ring he lets me know the calls are recorded for monitoring lmaooo.

Scroll to see replies

No you definitely cannot. We have had people fired at work for doing similar things, you’re in a place of work not tinder
No.
Original post by Anonymous
No you definitely cannot. We have had people fired at work for doing similar things, you’re in a place of work not tinder

To add onto this, if you'll ever need a reference or if they chase up your past, it will haunt you for a lot of your career.
Reply 4

Then what the heck do i do :frown:
Have you met this guy in person?
Reply 6
So there’s this guy I have to ring occasionally. And I absolutely adore his voice and personality... now I have no idea whether he’s single what not or anything but I really want to get his number or something because I’m leaving my job soon. What do I do? Can I ask for his number straight out. Bare in mind I’m on the work phone and everytime I ring he lets me know the calls are recorded for monitoring lmaooo.

Calls are recorded, you'll be fired immediately and it's very unprofessional. If your future work place decides to call them for reference or to check the details you provided, you'll be screwed.
Reply 7
Original post by study beats
Have you met this guy in person?

No I haven’t. That’s another thing I won’t know if I like him I’ve not even seen him but I’m so curious about him and I feel like he is about me too..
Then what the heck do i do :frown:

Nothing. Leave and live.
No I haven’t. That’s another thing I won’t know if I like him I’ve not even seen him but I’m so curious about him and I feel like he is about me too..

So ....you want a guys number just judging by his voice?
Original post by kkboyk
Calls are recorded, you'll be fired immediately and it's very unprofessional. If your future work place decides to call them for reference or to check the details you provided, you'll be screwed.

So there’s no way around it? What if drop hints
Original post by study beats
So ....you want a guys number just judging by his voice?

I feel so retarded by saying it but he has the nicest voice I’ve ever heard tbh and his personality is nice as well..over the phone anyway. He just seems so sweet and nice I’ve never liked someone I’ve never even seen lol.
Guys I have to find a way around it.. I’m leaving this job anyway

That doesn't change anything. Like people said you'll get caught. Okay you're leaving, then your new employer calls up to check certain things and gets told this? Then you get fired.

Have you tried hypnotherapy?
Original post by MrMusician95
That doesn't change anything. Like people said you'll get caught. Okay you're leaving, then your new employer calls up to check certain things and gets told this? Then you get fired.

My dads helping me set up a business for me. I’m not the type to work for anyone so I wouldn’t need references.

This depends on your work. I have colleagues who are married.

Either way, I wouldnt do it on a work phone on works time
I actually have heard of a case where someone had a job cold calling and met their wife that way. Don't know if he got fired.
Original post by aciana
I actually have heard of a case where someone had a job cold calling and met their wife that way. Don't know if he got fired.

Lmaooo that’s goals honestly. Tbh I don’t even know about whether I wanna be with him but I’d definitely want to be mates outside of work that’s the thing. Like his personality is just *_* it’s like I’ve never come across anyone like him before.

Original post by Jack22031994
This depends on your work. I have colleagues who are married.

Either way, I wouldnt do it on a work phone on works time

My work is chilled because I have colleagues who are dating so does that mean they’ll be chilled in that sense too..I’m thinking of wording it on the phone in a way that it doesn’t sound bad
Lmaooo that’s goals honestly. Tbh I don’t even know about whether I wanna be with him but I’d definitely want to be mates outside of work that’s the thing. Like his personality is just *_* it’s like I’ve never come across anyone like him before.

My work is chilled because I have colleagues who are dating so does that mean they’ll be chilled in that sense too..I’m thinking of wording it on the phone in a way that it doesn’t sound bad

Even at works where it is relaxed, I wouldnt do it on works time using works phone. If you are going to, do it in your own time on your phone.

It doesnt mean theyll be shill with you however - Id always play on the side of caution

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending