The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Why does St Andrews and Intl Offers

Seems unfair that they give so many places to Intl - Americans and so little to EU nationals/Scottish and RUK. How is this ok? Is anyone else annoyed at this?
Original post by Anonymous
Seems unfair that they give so many places to Intl - Americans and so little to EU nationals/Scottish and RUK. How is this ok? Is anyone else annoyed at this?

Is it because they pay full price? Do they in fact subsidise the place of others? Which course are you talking about?
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

How is it okay?

It's because ScotGov doesn't have a magic money tree to give unlimited places to Scottish/EU students who pay nothing.

It's not just Americans either, there are plenty of other nationalities at UK universities e.g. Chinese nationals.
Reply 3
Original post by Blue_Cow
How is it okay?

It's because ScotGov doesn't have a magic money tree to give unlimited places to Scottish/EU students who pay nothing.

It's not just Americans either, there are plenty of other nationalities at UK universities e.g. Chinese nationals.

I understand that, but it seems unfair that students who are paying more with lower grades than EU students are getting offers. I would be willing to pay Intl fees to get a place but sadly it doesn't work like that unless I was a US resident
I understand that, but it seems unfair that students who are paying more with lower grades than EU students are getting offers. I would be willing to pay Intl fees to get a place but sadly it doesn't work like that unless I was a US resident

i presume you're the same person as last time? :frown: have you heard back yet or still waiting? you should look at Trinity College Dublin as the next best thing in many ways tbh.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending